Thread: Another Sunday dinner ...

Another Sunday dinner ...

Well, it's Sunday again, and our son came over for dinner as usual.

Reminder, the three of us in the company of only each other are darkly sarcastic in a fun and loving way. I know it sounds like a contradiction, but tenderly loving to one another as well. Darkly sarcastic comes when we're all feeling great and having a laugh like tonight.

Caveat: He's my son, but technically he's my step son. But he's forever more my son and I'm so proud of him.

Also, I am totally dressed en femme, pads and all, casual blouse, wig, missing only the make up.

Okay, here we go.

One of his close friends has come out as transgender and made the decision to transition. It was a 'yeah, no kidding.' Moment for all of us, but we were chattering about gender identity, self identity, sexuality, and the like.

As the discussion went round and round touching on topics related and unrelated, my son bowed his head and with mock resignation said "Why do all of my dads leave me? Can't I have just one good male role model?"

I shot back with mock distress, "Son, that's hurts my heart! … Inside!"

My wife had a few quips on his own and he had the realization of "Oh, did I cross a line?" And said "Guys, I'm joking, you know I'm joking, right?" To which we replied "Yeah, dude, we're just messing with you!"

Hugs, more laughter, more sarcasm, and … it being St. Paddy's day, more corned beef for all.

I love my family

Family, that's all that really matters and it sounds like you have a great one!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Family is what life is all about on this earth and after you get grandkids the family get togethers are more important. An family that is accepting and can laugh and have fun is a stable well brought up family. You have a good ne it sounds like.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Family is everything,Sounds like you have a really cool one

Good news in mine,my wife's eldest boys gf has recently given birth to our first grandchild.A baby girl called Grace

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Sophie, a brand new person? That's wonderful! Welcome to the world, baby Grace!

Macey, Sounds like a good St Patty’s day at your house and a good dose of humor to boot.
    Sophie, Congrats on Grace being in your family, I bet she is a cutie!
    Crissy

Macey,
    I also have a dark humour as writing comedy over the years has meant I don't take life too seriously.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.