Thread: Over 40 hormones is a thing 😬

Over 40 hormones is a thing 😬

So everyone kept telling me that you stop producing as much testosterone after 40. I thought, “yeah right”. But let me tell you, it’s a fact, while I’m sure we all develope differently, I can attest to a few things, 1) Leg hair is not returning like it used to. 2) My muscle tone is starting to dwindle. 3) losing weight is a real challenge. In my 30’s I could make one eating change and lose 15lbs, now...3lbs if I’m lucky. I know there are pills and products to keep my testosterone up, but as a CD I’m honestly delighted by some of these discoveries. Honestly, if I weren’t a CD I probably wouldn’t have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing these things? I know I’m talking to a specific group but thought I would ask. Also, what are some things you have noticed on the other side of the hill?
    Take Care,
    Mishell
    Mi~in a~Shell

Yes, i have noticed alot of things slowing down too. At almost 50 my metabolism and testosterone levels are starting to make me seem less masculine? I have noticed when i shave , it dos'nt grow back as quick.
    And im finally starting to gain a little weight. Some in the right places but now i really notice my stomach in a dress more then i ever would have i did'nt dress feminen .
    On the bright side i actually have a little natural cleavage in a bra! And a little something to put in an A-cup🤗

I noticed the leg hair, decreased strength, and decreased sexual desires! Now I am on HT it is all even more and addition of decreased body hair regrowth and some breast changes with even more of a decrease in sexual desire! I am only in 4th month of HT and really notice the changes! I noticed some though without the HT! Getting old is both good and bad! Press on and be you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Mishell,
    Are you talking about the natural reduction of T with age or is it the effects you are finding on hormones ?

At 67 my T level doesn't feel it's dropped at all , hair is still growing like a well fed forest apart from the top of my head , my physical strength is still pretty good and my weight remains around 140-147 lbs . I have expressed my thoughts on hormones in the TS section , loss of physical strength is an important concern at the same time I would like some of the benefits . I do appreciate it's not something to be played around .

Platinum Member
    Hi Mishhmam , At age 76 my leg hair just gave up a long time ago. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You bet I have noticed. Leg hair is nearly gone, boobs a bit larger, etc. A lot of males would freak out. In my opinion, all those changes are quite positive, although the difficulty with weight loss has been a big one. At least until I was diagnosed with diabetes. Lost nearly 20 pound in 2 months. Major diet changes and more exercise. My doctor is thrilled; so am I.

A word on supplementing T to keep the levels up. It is dangerous. There is a reason T levels decline and it is basically to allow you to live longer. Strokes, blood clots, faster growing cancers in the prostate, etc. are all enhanced in many with pumping up the T levels to maintain masculinity and avoid the dreaded feminization. For most of us, declining T is a blessing. A word on prostate cancer - nearly all men over 70 have some cancer. The question is why type and how much. I am scheduled for a biopsy in May, but my biological father died of prostate cancer. No worries at this point, everything else regarding that is pretty normal. Just precautionary.

I realized I don't need forms to fill a bra.

Platinum Member
    Strength loss...gradual, but apparent. My body hair has always been minimal...natural blonde. I have always been conscious of fitness, so I’m prolly doing better in that respect than most people my age (66)
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I to have noticed my leg hairs is thinner and less than it was 15yrs ago. I can easily fill an A cup and almost fill a B cup. I couldn't 10 years ago. At 68, and at 5' 9", My weight has gone up to 190 and trying to get back down to at least 180 is daunting at best. My strength has lessened as well. 4 years ago, I could curl 25lb barbell. Now I am doing good to do a 20lb one for more than 5 or 6 reps. It's almost to the point that I will be going to a 15lb wt soon. I have no intention of taking any T hormones. However, I am not above taking HT with the other hormone🙂

Just naturally, obviously everyone is different. But I’m my experience I’ve had noticeable changes.

Some weight gain and some shrinkage “down there” has resulted in more a innie effect vs tucking is what I’ve noticed. Definitely some feminine advantages for me and my experiences. 🥰

Banned Read only
    I am in my 50's now and other than a genneral "old" feeling, I can't say that I feel any different than I did in my 20's Sure I get winded climbing a flight of stairs, but being overweight most except for a period in my 40's when I was mountain biking, I always did.

As far as "T" levels my doctor checks that regularly and says I am normal. I can't say that I have noticed any shrinkage down there, but I keep it all tucked away most of the time anyway.

I lost about 50 pounds a few years ago after being diagnosed type 2 diabetes by changing to a low carb high protein diet. I have managed to keep the weight off and control the diabetes without medication and I can still drink beer and booze.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 03-18-2019 at 11:26 AM.

I've known this happens for some time and have seen various signs of it in myself.

I can't eat a bag of Oreo cookies every day or a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts without packing on the pounds like I used to.

I do chuckle though at the Male "Enhancement" clinics advertising on I-95 in South Florida. The bill boards show an elderly man of 80+ years sports a "six pack" of abs that would do Arnold Schwarzenegger proud.

That would be the LAST thing I'd want with trying to improve my female impression.

When I was 18, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn`t get old. Now at age 70, I'm no longer able to keep that promise. I have noticed the feminization of my body (yeah) and the slowly growing girth around my midsection (yuch).
    Last edited by Dani0948; 03-18-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Hormones are wonderful things aren't they.

Everything I have is all going feminine without much encouragement.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes, it seems to naturally occur as we age. My leg hair has diminished noticeably, but I still shave and lotion. Razor lasts longer, too. I can now fill an a cup bra nicely. I keep my forms for my c cup days. I’ve held my weight, but it is so much more difficult. I kinda like some of the changes...others? Nah !

Aspiring Member
    I'm well past 40 but the hair growth is just not giving up, ....except for that patch on the back of my head....... I think I am lucky as most of the men in my family have far less hair on their heads than I do. Longevity also runs on the male side of my family. Maybe the testosterone loss will be delayed because of that and I will start to see less hair in a few years?

Biggest thing I have noticed as I get older is I have trouble walking in really high heels. My poor right knee just cant take it anymore.

I found some pictures of myself when I was 16 and I can not believe how good I looked back then. I wish I could have dressed more back then, I had a chance of passing!!

I really started to notice it at around 65. It is harder to keep my weight down, and my energy level is lower.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member
    A sudden drop in testosterone can indicate a serious medical problem (not always, but it can be a warning sign.) It is worth talking to your doctor about. Even GGs need some testosterone for health.

Diminished leg hair can also be a sign of worsening circulation. For some people the hair diminishes around 50. 40 is a bit young for that to happen though, and I have seen lots of hairy legs up close over the years. Again might be worth mentioning to your doctor.

Personally, I am 42. My body hair is as bad as it ever was. People with my ethnic background have relentless hair.

I am 61 and have some of the same effects you all mention. Noticeably a nice set of A boobs to work with along with a totally white beard, so really don't use a foundation makeup anymore.