Thread: Normal and natural

Normal and natural

This thread is basically an observation on my part. I have been dressing pretty much since I turned 50, some 18 years ago. Now recently within the last few months I find dressing a lot more normal for me. I mean, regardless wether is just underdressing or going full tilt, I feel it's as normal for me to wear women's clothing as it does men's clothing, sometimes even more so. But do to a DADT situation, I usually just underdress, even if it's just underwear. I guess it's normal to feel like this? we

When I dress, I too feel normal. Everything I wear feels normal to me. I just tend to stay home.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Normal, yes when your wardrobe is 75 to 80 percent female than yeah I think for me it’s become the norm

Lynn welcome to the club, it seems we need a long time to get here and then one day, here we are.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Dressing in female clothes has felt normal to me for a very, very long time. After being told that I should have actually been born a girl, after about a year it just felt true, and wearing girl clothes gradually started feeling more normal than wearing boy clothes. I can't pick a definite date when it occurred, but at some point back then it started to feel like when I was wearing boy clothes that I was in the wrong clothes, as I only felt normal when dressed as a girl. That feeling has lasted to this day.
    For a long time, I believed it, and expected my body to somehow magically change to female when I got to puberty; then, although I wondered if it would ever happen, and gradually felt it would never happen, the feelings about clothing never changed. Even once I figured out that everything else pointed to my being a typical male, the general feeling that I was supposed to be a girl, behave as a girl, and dress as a girl, never went away. My own hypothesis is that sexual identity somehow becomes permanent by a physical change in our brains at an unknown point in our development, but AFAIK no research has or will be done to figure this out. My basis for this concept is that we know that the language/speech part of our brain sort of 'finalizes' around the age of puberty, as if you learn a new language before puberty, you won't have an accent, but if you learn it AFTER puberty, you will. I believe our sexual identity is also somehow finalized in such a way, as well. At what age, might be different for each of us, just as puberty occurs at different ages for each of us.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

This sounds like reprogramming the brain! So then does wearing men's clothes seem unnatural? Wearing a combination of both sounds confusing.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member
    I would maintain that, for us, crossdressing is innate and immutable. So it should feel natural.

Gold Member
    I am dressed every day when I am at Home. Since I do not go out dressed.
    I do under dress every day, and wear Fem Jeans most of the time.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    It feels normal to me, always has.

dressed male also feels normal to me. I am just me. What I wear that is mine feels normal to me.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Normal, it would if I could dress completely in women's clothes and go about in society dressed as a woman. When I dress from first stepping in panties, hooking the bra until fully dressed is exilerating. It does feel normal in the sense I have done it so much I know exactly how to do it. That is tucking and adjusting panties or thong, hooking the bra from the back, putting on panty hose, etc. It's emotionally rewarding knowing I am doing the exact same thing a woman does except for the tuck. I love going about in society wearing women's clothes, I'm 100% certain I enjoy it more than a GG woman.

It appears to me that before we accept who we are there may be a subconscious fighting of those feelings that is expressed as a conflicted feeling of wanting to accept it and yet feeling that it is weird and shameful to not being able to be what we are "supposed" to be. That creates tension. But once we begin to accept it as being our individual normal that conflict does not occur and we get comfortable with it. Then it becomes an enjoyable expression of our natural selves and realize there is no shame in being yourself. Took me almost 60 years to get to that point, but others reach it much faster. It all depends on your environment and your social situation and the dogma that was pounded into you about what is normal and what is not and how you think about that. All that said, when you do get to this point and it feels natural the sensation of total freedom at last can make your life so much more joyous.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wear whatever you want long enough it becomes normal.

I feel normal under dressing every day. Due to home situation, I've never really fully dressed. I'd like to try it as I think I would really enjoy it. And given the opportunity, I think I would dress full time.

Yes, it’s normal and natural for me. Panties, bra and thigh highs daily. After that...who knows...whatever I want. Having a supportive wife is fantastic. Women’s clothes are so much more comfortable. My wife agrees with exceptions of hose, underwires and shapers. I just smile.

It is a habit you form after a long time dressing.

I just don't notice it much anymore.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I feel comfortable being en femme as being en drab. Right now I am banging away on the keyboard fully en femme; black and red floral dress, hosiery and heels, all the proper undergarments and wig. Tonight after my wife gets home from work I'll be slumming around in a tee shirt, shorts and no socks and shoes. Totally at ease either way. I do think I would be en femme more and more if I was not in a DADT marriage. I read recently an article on cross dressing which did state the urge to dress increases as we age. There may be some truth to it. At least for me.

Banned Read only
    Lynnstar ,
    Natural and normal just has to happen I couldn't go out comfortably otherwise .

It's felt more normal for me to dress as a woman. And way more fun.
    Angie

Silver Member
    I had a long journey getting my wife to understand and accept my crossdressing. At one point I told her, "I may not be normal when I'm in a dress, but it's my normal" I don't know if that changed her mind, but she's more accepting now, so it didn't hurt.

Being a widower for over a decade, a lot of the restrictions I had vanished. I've gone from an occasional outings to friendly places to now going out dressed at least once a week to anywhere I want to go. My comfort level has grown and it feels as natural as going out in drab. Everyone is different and their situations may dictate how far they may go.
    When I retire and having a job is not needed I may go even further, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.