Thread: Cover Ups

Cover Ups

Not the kind you wear!

What were some of the silliest ways you covered up your cross dressing secret from family, SOs, roomies, etc.

One time in particular I can remember was when I was younger. I would literally dress any time I had the house to myself. Well, one morning, after the parents left, I was looking through my mothers panty drawer (I know I know I shouldn’t have done it but I was still figuring this cross dressing thing out!).

I found this cute pair of bikini cut panties with a stretchy clear rubber straps on the sides. I was having a bit of trouble getting it on but I persisted! I should have stopped but I wanted to see how cute I’d look. Anyhoo, I got them all the way up on the hip when I hard the sharp SNAP! I freaked out. My heart sunk. No way I could fix this. Or was there... hehe. I searched the house looking for some kind of super glue. I must have looked in every drawer but nothing. I actually walked down the street to the nearest drug store and found something there.

So I got back and glued the strap back in place but it wasn’t holding. I was literally crying!!! I persisted again and finally got it to hold. Who knows if she ever noticed though. Nothing was said to me about it. I still laugh at it to this day.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

I develop alternate reasons for owning feminine products or garments.
    Hidden in plain sight. The best way to do it.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 03-18-2019 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Please see rules: Right of Content: Item #2
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I guess I was about 8 years old, back in the 60's. I would sneak my mother's clip-on earrings, always gravitating, for some reason, to these large cameo earrings. One day when I opened the clip, it broke off. I carefully laid it back in the jewelry box, hoping she'd think it just fell off. She hardly ever wore them anyway. I was not that lucky! The next time she was going to wear them and discovered them broken, she asked me if I'd been borrowing her earrings and I tearfully confessed. She told me they could be fixed, but that if I wanted to borrow here earrings to ask her first, but that I could not borrow those particular ones because they were handed down to her from her mother. A few years later when she got her ears pierced she gave me all her clip earrings, except for those.

A great Idea, when I was eight I put a padlok on a wardrobe where I kept my stash.

Big mistake, that lasted for about four hours, when I came home the lock was already broken and I was busted.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My sisters thought it was funny to occasionally hang a few of their many ballet tutus in my closet to show their friends and then tease me about it.

Since my mom knew about this i was able to blame my sisters the time my mom found a pair of their pantyhose in my clothes drawer. That was a close one !

Banned Read only
    As a teenager my only access to women's clothing was my mother. Our apartment had minimal closest space. The closet in the bedroom I shared with my brother had a small closet. In their my mother hanged her dresses. I would try on one particular dress I liked which was a sun dress. She also kept the dirty laundry bag in the bottom of the closet. In it I found her floor length nylon nightgown which I would slip into under the sheets at night. I got fairly adept about getting it out of the laundry bag, slip into and out of it. Since I shared the bedroom with my older brother I had to be careful. If he figured out what was going on he did not say anything.

My mother kept her slips, hosiery, bras and panties in her bedroom. When I had the opportunity I would try things on. One day I was trying to wear her only black bra. These were the days before stretchy fabrics. Well, I snapped one of the shoulder straps. No way I could ever repair it. I folded it and place it back. I'm sure she discovered it. I'm sure my mother and father knew I wore her clothing. On at least on occasion they made an attempt to catch me. Nothing was ever said. I'm sure if they had been able to confirm their suspicions my butt would have been reddened. Or worse, kicked out of the house after graduating high school.

In my first marriage when she was gone for a weekend or evening which was never often enough. I would make sure I washed the panties/clothing I wore so she wouldn't notice.

Oh so glad those days are gone.

Back when my late wife was still alive, I would dress while she was at work and I had the day shift off. It was before I discovered makeup remover, so I used to rub and wash it off, and then rub rub rub with tissues. To dispose of them, I would flush them away. Until one day I forgot. She came home, went about her business changing out of work clothes, etc., . . . . . and then callled me to our bedroom, to the bathroom, to ask me what that was in the toilet. I took one look, saw what looked like a bunch of makeup laden tissues clogging the bowl, looked at her with hands on her hips, and took the low road. I reached out and hit the flush, while blocking her continuing view of the bowl with my body. I held the flush until it was all on the way down, and then turned and apologized for forgetting to flush after having had diarreha. She was a bit skeptical, but the evidence was disappearing down the drain, and her recollection of what she actually saw was fast giving way to believing what I was telling her she saw.

Whew!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Liz
    When I was a teenager I used to baby sit for the neighbours. A typica Saturday night would have me baby sitting and of course I would dress up in her clothes. Yes far from the smartest idea but being a teenager and a chance to dress was over powering

I was trying to squeeze into a pair of sexy shoes that were too small and yup the back strap broke. I glued the strap back in place so it looked ok. I knew it would let go the first time she tried to wear them but nothing was ever mentioned

We had a large walk in storage closet on the 2nd floor with a light. I can remember trying on my Mom’s bras, panties, girdles, dresses and whatever and thinking what I may do if someone came home. Luckily I never had that issue but my bedroom was a short distance away and was going to try and make it there and close the door. I can fondly remember those times now but then it would have been major panic.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Wore my mom's clothes when I was alone. Didn't get caught outright, but I suspect she knew. Funny thing is she told me she had wished I was a girl. Miss her.

Before my wife knew I would now and then leave something out. Once she would ask where this came from. My answer was it must have been in the things your sister gave you. It didn't work. Well now she knows.
    Angie

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I use my heart problems as an excuse.... "Why do I have a bra... well, mother in law, see, my chest didn't heal right after surgery so the doc recommended it for the compression since the insurance won't cover the $500 binder thing she said I needed. Just like where they had to snip the vein to create the bypass artery, it was in my groin so only women's underwear fits me right.... women's jeans? Same reason I have to wear panties."
    Life is too short to be boring.

When I was younger I had a wooden box that originally held 3 wine bottles, so I was able to hide about one outfit in there. I drilled holes into the sides so I could use a combination lock to keep it closed. But you could still open the box maybe a centimeter or so and see the contents if you were poking around. No one ever mentioned anything leading me to believe they peeked inside the box that I kept out of sight in my closet. Still always worried someone would see it and try and take a peek.