Thread: Not a pair of knickers in sight

Not a pair of knickers in sight

Well I've just got back from holiday so an enforced hiatus from dressing. In truth I didn't miss it. There were places to go, things to be seen, meals to be eaten and drinks drunk. True I kept in touch with what all you good folks were doing via the wonder of a smartphone and the mobile version of the site but even that didn't have a great significance in my day to day events.

This I found comforting. Why? I felt it showed that I can remain in control of my dressing. True there are times when at home what was planned as some dressing time doesn't materialise and while that can be frustrating I don't want to get to the point that dressing overtakes all other things. That I feel moves things closer to obsession and I want head to rule heart. That way I don't make mistakes or act upon stupid impulse.

Don't get me wrong, I still look to dress as and when opportunity arises. It fact just today I'm home alone for a few hours so it's into skirt, forms and top while spending time here and doing a few chores. And it's because I stay in control that being dressed albeit simply, there's no stress or angst. I just feel able to spend the time comfortable, natural and calmly, and it's that which helps me get the most from being enfemme.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    I totally agree with you. Sometimes I read threads that appear the poster is totally obsessed with dressing to the extent of excluding any other activity.

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    If you take the restrictions away you also take away the obsessive side because you can then get it in balance , you don't need to worry about being impulsive or worry about taking chances . To be in total control under these circumstances is wonderful no matter where you go or what you need to do . Stress for me is those few hours of having to revert to male mode .

Helen, Sounds to me as though you have got everything bolted down tight, a ballanced view on how you need to live your life? I am pleased for you so many have frustratioins and stress from not being able to achieve what they want, having what you have is just fine and gives you the right amount of pleasure out of it all.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I'm a pragmatist, you deal with what's in front of you the best way you can. Yes there's nothing wrong in dreaming about what could be but at the same time knowing what your reality is.

When I dress, even if it's what I've referred to in the past as PF, Partially Femme, skirt, knickers and top, I'm relaxed, comfortable in myself. Taking away any stress enables you to get the most out of what time there is available.

So to those who struggle for the opportunity to dress I say when it comes, don't over think it. As Frankie says, "Relax" and you'll get the most from it.

This affirming to hear. I dress intermittently based on where I am and who I’m with. Mostly I dress when I’m on my own, about 1/3 of the time . I was just reflecting last week that I have become at ease with the off and on schedule. I like to dress but I’m ok when I don’t. It’s a lot easier to go with the flow of life than to fight it.

Helen,
    I enjoyed reading about your approach to dressing as well as your positive attitude. I hope you had a great time on holiday. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you to all who posted in this thread. I needed to hear it. Pink fog alert!

At times it feels like an addiction for me. For example my wife is ok with me running on trails in a skirt since very few people will see me but not ok for me to run on the roads in our town in a skirt. So I eventually stopped running on the road and was always running on the trail so I could wear a skirt. Over time this meant less running since I had to drive to the trail and if I couldn't drive I would skip my run and was only running 2-4 times a week. After realizing it was affecting my running, I started a running streak (at least a mile every day) and while I am still getting to the trails 2-3 times a week it ends up with me doing most of my runs in shorts.

A gal has got to know her limitations - To paraphrase Dirty Harry

Asew,

I don't what this to sound like a criticism, but yours seems a classic example of mind over reality. I can't say I've seen many, any? GGs out running in skirts. Leggings aplenty but not skirts. We're all guilty at some point or another of projecting our desires onto our image of what/how a GG behaves. There are times when those projections have no basis in truth.

Run by all means but do it as GG's do. Skirts are for the tennis, badminton, squash, netball, etc etc etc. Learning that there's a time and a place for everything and acting accordingly takes a huge amount of pressure off.

Doing what GG's do brings us closer the truth and with that ever greater satisfaction, self acceptance and dare I say, karma.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, it does sound like a criticism. Sure, my mind prefers skirts. Yes, GGs definitely prefer short shorts and leggings but still see plenty in skirts at a race. Since I have no desire to emulate a GG, I don't see why I have to choose the preferences of GG. By that same logic I shouldn't wear skirts or dresses most days since most GGs rarely wear those now too. Doing what I like brings me closer to my truth and with that ever greater satisfaction, self acceptance and karma.

If skirts are meant to be ran in why are stores like my local running store and target have about 1 running skirt for every 2 or 3 running shorts? Time and place for everything, sure I won't wear a skirt on a bike (though they apparently do make cycling specific skirts) or when working on my roof or when doing yoga / headstands, but there is no reason skirts are off limits for running. And not to get too much TMI, but skirts with a built in compression short have way less chafing for me then any method of wearing men's shorts (with built in panty, with separate underwear, commando).

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I've tried running naked , BOY does that attract some attention !!

No seriously there are some cute women's shorts , I have a couple of denim ones but I'm with you , girls and women all run in shorts , I've not seen one yet in a skirt only the Pink Run for a cancer charity . Skirts are more for most racket sports and indoor handball games .

Asew , I'm not being critical wear what you feel comfortable in , most of the time I do but with an eye to what is appropriate .