Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Single, is your bedroom "his" or "hers"?

If Single, is your bedroom "his" or "hers"?

I say Single because a married person's room can be all "hers" with no fuss.

When my Wife left me, it was not really supposed to be forever. Therefore she left most of her clothes behind.

My clothes at that time were safely locked in a closet where no one could see them without a warrant!

Gradually, I started to exchange my wifes clothes for my clothes. Her shoes for my shoes, ect.

When the kids came to visit the first summer my room was exactly like they remembered it. Everything thing there was thier Moms. Of course "His" stuff fit into one big dresser drawer.

As the years went by the kids never noticed anything because they were used to a feminine room. In other words it looked like it had always looked.

When my oldest daughter came to live with me, I found her in my room going through the closet. She said she needed a sweater or sweatshirt and and she knew she and her mom were the same size. She looked at the sizes of all the garments and looked at me, and looked back...and smiled.

She was 16 then and never said a word till that May when she gave me a "Mothers day" card. She also bought me some lipstick and told me mine were not "in style".

But that's another story.

The bottom line is that my bedroom is very much a woman's room. My room is my safe haven, and it reflects ME, not the person everyone wants me to be. Everyone I've dated has commented on how feminine it is. My kids even the ones who don't know about Michelle, just don't give it any thought. When my youngest daughter brought her bf out to meet us, me and her sister, the bf remarked on how feminine it was, even though the room he was in was very much a boys room. My youngest said "Oh, Dad's just sentimental, he's never taken Mom's stuff out".

That was that.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Things are pretty much the same in my master bedroom as when I was married.
    Its not really one gender or the other.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-18-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Wait … I want the other story regarding your remarkable daughter!

Even though there are no male clothes in it, it is his as there is no her.

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    I've no reason not to make Teresa's bedroom as I live alone , everyone knows about me so there's no need to hide anything .

I had a funny situation over Xmas , I gave up my bedroom to my daughter and son in law so they could use the Zbed for my granddaughter , I was just about to go to bed in the guest room when I realised I had left my nightie under my pillow in my room , so I had to gently tap on the door and ask for it plus my satin dressing gown .

I have been separated from my wife for almost 2 years.
    And if you look in the bedroom. The furnishing and decoration will tell you totally neutral
    But if you open the closet, that is a different story. 99% female clothes in there.
    The guy portion of clothes is pretty small.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Years ago, when I was single, I had an apartment with two closets. One was mine, one was my male persona. Worked good. Later I had to keep everything stashed in the basement storage room. Now I have a back corner of my regular closet.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Once I was divorced I knew the bedroom would be more fem looking more with a new more feminine bedspread and of course my drawers are full of panties, tops and nightgowns. My closets are rather small so my ladies clothes are spread across 3 closets

I'm not married now and live in a different home. My bedroom is a combination of my male self and what belongs to Amy.

Mine is androgynous whichever way you go. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Even before I was out to my wife, we painted our bedroom a nice purple (since it is my favorite color). We have several disney princesses things on the wall (my wife is obsessed with disney) and overall on the feminine side of things.

My wife took over the bedroom closet so all my clothes (male and female) have moved into my home office, and overall my home office is still fairly manly or at least androgynous.

Platinum Member
    Michelle, I loved the story of acceptance by your daughter. Very refreshing. Our bedroom furniture has not changed since we bought furniture back in 1972. It's timeless and has traveled across the country. I'd say it is neutral. Neither feminine or masculine. If my wife was not longer with me (death) I'd move my femme stuff into the walk in closest. My wife and I wear the same size in dresses and undergarments.

Like me my bedroom is gender fluid - both male and female clothes side by side.
    Sasha

Mostly male, because the furniture is strictly leftover from my single days. Women's bedrooms that I've been in are loaded with all sorts of little decorative things which I've never particularly enjoyed. I don't have enough jewelry to have a big box, don't have photos of any past girlfriends (wifey made sure that all of those got thrown away), don't use enough make up to have a place for that either. Everything else gets put away. Plain bedding, nothing frilly.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hers, and it has been pretty much since I got my new house, early in 2016. Even before I was officially ‘out’ to my friends and family, I had shoe racks on the closet door filled with women’s shoes, a walk-in closet in my bedroom that was 70% female clothes, and more shoes. Cosmetics and jewely all over the bathroom counter. Stuffed animals on display all over the bedroom.

Now that I am transitioning, and have spent the last 7 months full time female, all the male-specific clothes are long gone. The only pants, jackets, sweatshirts, or shoes remaining from my male life are all arguably unisex.
    Last edited by Ceera; 03-22-2019 at 11:51 PM.

I don't know how to answer this. There is a mixture of his clothes and her clothes on the floor and on my dresser, panties and today's bra hang out of the overfull hamper, I guess if I really had to choose, I would just call it a mess.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

No preference. I'll say whatever I choose to say. My guy clothes in the closet, my girl dresses in a storage closet across from that.

With the pretty crystal and other decorations I'd have to say "hers."
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 03-22-2019 at 06:44 PM.

My bedroom has two closets. One smaller closet with my mens clothes, and the larger one with my womens clothes. I have both mens and womens dressers also. I have both gender neutral as well as feminine bed linen sets and comforters and switch them out to give it a fresh look now and then. My womens dresser has a jewelry box and different perfumes and body sprays on it as well as my makeup and makeup brushes. and my mens dresser had mens things on it. I have a few pictures on the walls, with a few being Disney themed, and a few stuffed animals. Its as if there are two people living in my house..and I guess there is....Especially when I do laundry!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    My master bedroom furniture is rather generic, but the closet is full of only ladies clothing, shoes, etc. Guy clothes are relegated to the closet in the spare bedroom (aka storage room).

It's a very strict rule of mine, no guy stuff aloud. I have one drawer with t-shirts for work, that's it.

My bedroom is a 'girl only' haven! Any boy clothing is stored in my spare room.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My bedroom and bath usually looks like a Goodwill that was ransacked by loaded teenage party goers.

No self respecting man or woman could live in my mess!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

OK, admittedly I'm ignoring the 'single' part of the OP, but it's an interesting thread.
    I'm married and our bedroom has tended towards neutral, with a few femme touches of the wife's including a gorgeous lacquered jewellery cabinet. Never mind 'box'.
    However since discovering than I like women's outerwear as well as underwear I've found myself softening on a lot of our furnishing choices. We always find that 3rd way, the compromise we're both fine with. But now that's shifted heavily towards more feminine things.
    Which is all fine BUT whereas my female clothes were in a wardrobe in the bedroom they are now relegated to the dressing room, thanks to recent discussions, and my offer to move them out for her sake. I feel like a crab sometimes, everything feels like a sideways step. 😁

I'm single. My bedroom is femme as is the interior of my house. One of the best compliments I've received was when I had a female friend drop by for the 1st time and she blatantly stated that "a woman lives here". I have a diploma in interior design and always like showing off my home. The only weird look I have received was when I was getting a problem with my cable repaired. The repairman asked what does my wife do. I told him I wasn't married and he gave me this strange look.