Thread: After 44 years, WOW !

Banned Read only

After 44 years, WOW !

This little story just had to happen one day . My move to my new home town meant a very good friend and fellow photogrpher would be only a few minutes drive away . He photographed my wedding 44 years ago and we became good friends as we shared so many interests . He has known about my TG issues for a while and printed some pictures off when my printer wouldn't work . I've only seen him once or twice in the last year , my wife told me he preferred to see me in male mode and not as Teresa . I had some time to spare and happened to drive by his studio noticing his car was parked outside , so spur of the moment I parked up and knocked on his door . I knew he hadn't recognised me because I could see him thinking what did this woman want ? So I smiled and asked if there was any coffee going ? He let out a loud WOW , it is you !

It took him a few minutes to get over it and then we dropped into our old conversations about photography and building alterations we both intended doing . I spent about an hour with him, at the end I said I had to go as I had some makeup to pick up, he did confess seriously I looked very good . I really think the penny had finally dropped with him what being TG meant to me , it wasn't a passing phase, I was living it and enjoying it . It is good to know I haven't lost some old friends .

congratz on seeing your friend as you prefer and them accepting you, spur of the moment ended well.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    It's also conceivable that your wife lied.

Congrats T, what a happy result. I hope this means he's willing to meet up again?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Good for you, I love the look on the faces of people that meet my alter ego for the first time. 😀

Teresa, What a great story! I know it had to make you feel real good about your friend and yourself!
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I made it clear that he has no excuse now we've broken the ice tp drop on me more often , besides I assured him it wasn't contagious ! Mind you I had to smile as I handed the coffee cup back it had my lipstick on it . He claims his new Chinese partner wouldn't want to know about my , Girlie side !" as he calls it , so I hope he remembers to wash the cup before he has some explaining to do !

Aspiring Member
    Great story! Glad to hear you had a good time..

Lovely story, Teresa! I guess the only surprise for me here given the progress that you have made in your TG journey is that as a Brit, you prefer coffee over tea...

Platinum Member
    Always nice to hear old friends can remain friends.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Always nice to hear about acceptance from old friends

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , That is the difference between Friends & Acquaintances'!! >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

teresa, a perfect example of what a good friend should be, one that sticks by you through thick and thin, i lost none of my ex pat friends here where they were told of my "new life", theey too are good friends.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Teresa, I'm glad your friend and colleague was accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Bravo! I am so glad for you and for you just keeping on rolling out the real Teresa!

After I have taken similar plunges, such as going over to my elderly conservative female neighbor's house in answer to her call for help with her video, I haven't been disappointed-I think most people just understand that this possibility lurks with all men, and when finally it is in the light, in someone they know well, it just really isn't terrible after all, just different. I think the % of our whole personality that they know makes the difference.

The strange exception to this is our wives, of course- which points to the hidden I female-you male dynamic that was in them more than we thought.
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Read only
    Phili,
    On the subject of wives , I do wonder what has been talked about between my wife and my friend , obvioully he's a fairly close friend to her as well . She told me he definitely didn't want to see me as Teresa and I have to admit I did think about parking up and calling him from my mobile phone , maybe I was naughty by thinking I won't take no for an answer , would he really turn me away on his doorstep ?

Like many of these circumstances the thought is often worse than the deed , what did he think I looked like , would he be embarrassed ? I knew I wouldn't be as it's perfectly normal to me . I had just been into town to use a cash machine , pick up my free lipstick , buy some tights and fill up with fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post

The strange exception to this is our wives, of course- which points to the hidden I female-you male dynamic that was in them more than we thought.
    Phili, Boy did you ever hit the nail on the head with this.
    Crissy

Teresa,
    I wish you well with the renewed relationship.

A change of gender can be difficult to accept, but I hope it works out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats Teresa, what a great story and sounds like a great day

Lovely story, Teresa, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing, Teresa. Really nice, though it does sound a lot like your wife was trynna throw a spanner in the works.
    Oh and I'm with Crissy, thanks Phili, as ever, for your insight.

Thanks for your post Teresa, you have always given a great vibe and I'm sure he would have realised this. It must help your confidence to.