Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw a sister yesterday.

Silver Member

Saw a sister yesterday.

I shopped at Walmart yesterday, and as I sometimes do, my food loaded basket and I went into the lingerie section to browse. Lo and behold, there was a 'sister' there. She was about 6'1", all in black with her skirt to her ankles, no wig, but in makeup that hollered, "I wish I could do better makeup." We nearly bumped each other at one turn in a bras section, but our eyes never met.

I said to myself, "self, if she can be out among 'em, so can you .. just do it!" self said to me. "it will happen, soon." and you know what? I meant it, probably soon after returning from confidence building at Dive Las Vegas.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Jenny I hope you can get out, we all have our fears on this but mostly it’s just in our heads.
    Nowadays people just mind their own business and while you might get a stare or two just be confidant and you will enjoy it

The thing is, dressing up as a girl isn't a crime, going out dressed isn't a crime, confidence is the crime, I go out regular now, I ain't breaking any laws, just have confidence, walking down the street with makeup on and wearing a dress isn't an arrestable offence, actually the law is on your side, an offender will be arrested if they aprouch you

As trite as it may sound, the first time is the hardest.
    And every time after that, it gets easier and more comfortable, until you reach the point when you wonder why it ever took so long to just do it.

Good luck, and success!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Nice one Jodie, well put

It’s not often that we see one of us, only a couple of times for me, but it does show that there are more of us then you may think.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Last time I saw one of "us" was at the UPS store. She was working there. I was so sure, but still, I went up and asked her a question. Her voice floored me!

She was a masculine looking GG!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The bar tender at a place I frequent is one of us.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I agree with that the first is a real nail biter, but the second and third are easier and easier. Go Do It! You'll love the sensation.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

@Shely Love your hair!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

All that said, and I am still pretty much a closet case. But every so often, and you all are right, it does get easier; not much but yes.

Some are braver than others or have a different mindset on how they appear.

I wish the girl all the best in her endeavors. You? Just get on with it and do your best also. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

it's rare that I see someone, but recently, I also came across someone i was heading into wally world. car door was open when i pulled up. they were in a full dress. interestingly enough no wig, no makeup. i do wonder if they ever stepped out of the car.

I went shopping in walmart wearing sneakers with pink laces, leggings and pink danskin jacket wig makeup and no one blinked an eye

Stacy, Good to see you join the posting side here, also nice on your outfit!
    Crissy

I have not gone out, and doubt I ever will unless circumstances change radically. If I've ever encountered one of us "in the wild", they were so good I didn't notice. It probably has more to do with my not paying much attention to others when I'm in public. Too intent upon my own endeavors, which are usually shopping for a new top or other sundries. Back in the day, that was my big hurdle, shopping. It got easier, so I can imagine that going out does too.

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    Meeting another is never easy , do we stop and say hello or appear to be almost rude and ignore them , it's very hard to judge .

I have seen several in my own home town , one in particualr took one look at me crossing the supermarket car park and scuttled away , OK I'm very confident and she was dressed more like her grandmother so maybe I was a little intimidating , that is of course assuming she had read me .

I understand your thoughts on validating your dressing through their's , that's whay I found social groups useful , you see some lovely outfits and some you wouldn't want to be seen dead in but it all helps with your own presentation .

Renee,
    It all gets easier but it takes time . I had made the decision to push myself after I separated , I had nothing to lose . the first week was a learning curve because I had so many jobs to do setting up my new life and also break the ice with my neighbours , I knew I just had to bite the bullet and make it happen . Not a single regret , I'm into my second years and just loving it .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-24-2019 at 07:32 AM.

I've definitely noticed that since I started CDing I've become a lot more aware. What does that tell me? That when I was an ordinary bloke I paid no attention, even during many years of underdressing. It simply never occurred to me, and I realise it wouldn't have bothered me in any case.
    So, should my wife soften her stance somewhat I will venture out with head held high, and, hopefully, not overthinking it.
    I did have a funny incident not long ago though. My wife and I were sat on a bench at the mall. Behind us were two late teen girls one with reddish streaks in her plaited hair. I remarked to my wife it looked like raspberry ripple. Anyway girls got up to leave and passed us. Wife said, 'I like your hair', only to have the young lady turn and answer in a voice as deep as my own 'thanks'. I did manage to keep my jaw of the floor, but the wife and I just stared at each other agape for a while. I never got to tell the girl my raspberry ripple observation. I was far too gobsmacked. Good for her though. Especially as I live in a moderately small part of a Borough of only 90,000.

Here in Denver, it really varies a lot as to how many of us you see. East of downtown for a couple of miles we are pretty common, but in the burbs we are very rare. It seems to depend on the neighborhood. I live in an early 20th century neighborhood (Platt Park) that is very liberal for the most part and there are a lot of alternative lifestyle people that live here. Strangely, we are not common here, but definitely above average. I have lived in the same neighborhood for essentially my entire life (since 1952). It has always been a diverse community.

Denver is a very trans friendly city and yet full dressing does not seem to be very common except in select areas. Those areas are also neighborhoods with a high proportion of gays and lesbians. So it may be that we tend to gravitate toward LGBTQ neighborhoods which looks superficially like segregation but isn't. It is just a matter of living around people with similar lifestyles that increase that intangible feeling of comfort and widespread acceptance. Quite normal human behavior. As a species we tend to form "clans" along many different dimensions.

I haven't seen any lately but over the last few years I've seen some and literally ran into a couple!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Oh. My. Gosh. Walmart is the place to do it. It's actually one of the main places I go when I cross-dress! First thing I do is grab an iced coffee from McDonald's (my Walmart is a super-center) then off I go! First stop is... you guessed it makeup! Always gotta check out what new NOBO stuff is out...FYI they have super cute swimsuits and tank tops out now. Then of course bras and panties. Seriously I think Walmart was built for us. The best thing is you never look out of place there.

Gold Member
    I thought only normal people shopped at walmart.

One time I was there and spotted an actual mullet!
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    I also saw a dressed CD in WalMart one morning looking at girl clothes, I went right over, started looking through the rack next to her and said Sometimes it's hard to find girl clothes that fit but I love wearing them. Broke the ice, had a nice conversation.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    "self, if she can be out among 'em, so can you .. just do it!"
    Those are words to live by.

Read about my weekend in Seattle, I saw lots of "Sisters" and I know I am going to sound vain but even with my amateur techniques I looked as good or better than a lot of them.

Confidence is the key
    If you own it, they can't take it from you.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-04-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Roberta, Good for you, I am sure you are correct.
    Crissy