Thread: Nice problem to have?

Nice problem to have?

So with the rekindling of my crossdressing, with so far 100% support from my wife. I can't seem to get any private time or time alone with my wife at home to dress up or practice makeup. Anything more then lip plumper and underdressing with the kids being around is out of the question. We have been searching for hotel rooms, but have pushed that chance to weeks from now...I know this is nothing new, It's feels like I'm waiting for prom or something like that lol! Very new to this and no where near going out in public.... Never will if I can't be at least some what passable .... Like the title says, I guess this is better then holding things in and feeling like you are crazy for having these desires?

Be grateful you kids don't know.
    From about 13 onwards, mine have been "borrowing" my make up and my clothes, so now if I want my top / dress or whatever - I have to do a search of their Floordrobe.
    (actually now they're 20, I tend to borrow their clothes, they can afford better than I can)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Welcome to the forum. It is challenging with small kids around. You don't want to confuse or shock them and yet, some experts say that exposing them to a little bit of this is healthy as it prepares them for the real world of today. It is the explaining to them that is a delicate matter as they get scared easily. That said, if you keep it to hints that will probably go alright; nothing dramatic. Save those expressions for other times. Kids are incredibly observant and they see things in fine detail. They are hard to fool when it comes to gender expression. But they are also incredibly accepting, far more so than most adults. It is a fine line though. So if you decide to expose them to this, start very tiny and watch their reactions. If they are curious just be gentle in explaining and keep it matter of fact and don't confuse them with talk about gender variations and the like. "It is just what I like to wear. Don't you have favorite things that you like to wear?"

It is great to have a supportive wife. If you ever plan to live out publicly, I think it is best to do something like GretchenM mentions, about introducing it to the kids at younger age and is kind of similar to what I have done.

Why can't you get some time at night with your bedroom door locked (netflix and dressed)? Might have to avoid the heels if they make noise on your floor though, and anything that can't be easily taken off or hidden quickly in case the kids need you. Better than nothing.

Your last sentence summed it up totally. Children are a challenge, but with your supportive wife...where there’s a will, there’s a way. Sometimes, anticipation is good. Have fun and enjoy.

Yes there is a restriction till the children grow up and you can have a weekend to yourselves.

There is the other side of the coin, the children are also an important project in your life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.