Thread: I only ran out of milk !!

Banned Read only

I only ran out of milk !!

I was about to have my afternoon cup of tea and realised I was short of milk . The local shop is only a few minutes away so I thought I would just hop into my car and be back in a few minutes . I had a short check skirt on , a neat blouse and cardigan , black opaque tights with black wedges . The skirt was maybe a little on the short side but who was goping to see me ? BIG MISTAKE the road into town was solid with traffic , eventually I managed to park up opposite the shop but had to stand by the road for several minutes waiting to get across , I was really getting eyeballed by the slow moving traffic but a kind driver did stop his car and waved me across . I then had to repeat the crossing a few moments later carrying my milk , I was trying not to make eye contact with any particular car but again another guy stopped his car and waved me across . I still had to wait for a gap in the traffic to safely open my car door . In the back of mind I was thinking about Judy's thread about skirts and dresses being a thing of the past , I'm not so sure !

Next time perhaps I might slip my jeans on but as they say if you have it , flaunt it ! I must admit I decided to have a small beer instead when I arrived home but then saw my neighbour in her garden so asked her in to join me for a cup tea .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-31-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Teresa, I love hearing about your daily adventures, you are such a good example to listen to.
    Crissy

Good trick to know - short skirt gets traffic to give you a crossing break.

Banned Read only
    Mermaiden,
    Who do you blame the accidents when the drivers have been too distracted ?

Crissy,
    Even everyday does have it's fun moments !

See! you can still reel them in wearing a short skirt.

Don't let the youthfulness pass you by yet!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Teresa, Should have been a beer with your neighbour, next time where a bright red mini skirt then you won't have to wait for the traffic to stop, they will just pile into eachother!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Don't drivers have to yield to pedestrians crossing the street in Britain? Or were you crossing mid block?

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    You know me I've lived a far too sheltered life to dress like that , what must you think of me ??

Stephanie ,
    It's a two way road with no centre reservation , I must admit I could have walked up to a pedestrian crossing and they are duty bound to stop , obvioulsy a shortish skirt works almost as well !

Bev,
    Obviously they weren't looking above the neckline , otherwise I would have never been able to cross !!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    When out as a female (always in a dress or skirt) cars often stop and let me cross an intersection, or just cross a street, etc. etc.

I really love this.

Short skirt and heavy traffic? I hope you made enough money to pay for the milk JK
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Teresa, You are only young once, where's the wild child gone?

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    I'm saving her for a rainy day otherwise she could overheat !!

Ressie,
    The milk only cost £1.00 do you think I could be selling myself short ?

feels better in a dress
    Teresa, I enjoy your little day to day stories very much, years ago we had a member doing the same (kathi lake) , always a joy to read sadly she moved on but you fill that gap perfectly. thank you

Probably Mothers' day traffic. I also noticed it was unusually difficult to get across roads today ( Sunday ) for a Sunday .

- Lydianne.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , Maybe you just need to buy a Cow and have fresh milk anytime. >Orchid ..0)..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Did you ever think she may have liked a beer better? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Teresa , Maybe you just need to buy a Cow and have fresh milk anytime. >Orchid ..0)..
    ...or genetically engineer a cow that lactates beer.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Teresa, Next time wear a black top with a white skirt and then paint your own pedestrian crossing! they will stop then, there again you could play dead by the side of the road or maybe half way across and then you would be carried the rest of the way.

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    At least you didn't suggest I wear an orange Easter bonnet with a flashing light inside !

Dutch-Anita ,
    Thanks for that , sometimes we do need a fun story to cheer things along .

Teresa, I forgot to mention that! your outfit would have been devine!!

Teresa,

As you say, the skirt was a little short but it can't have been overly so. How do I know this? If there's a bit of leg on show then some red bloodied male driver would quickly stop so as to "get a better look" as you crossed the road, simples!

What you did perhaps experience was what women experience all the time, being gazed at, judged. Going about enfemme I feel gives us those insights. That feeling of vulnerability.

This was just one more for the memory bank. Another situation encountered, lived through and I'm sure added fuel to the confidence tank.

So what's next? Supermarket in your jimjams under a coat?

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Confession time , it's becomming too famliar , a few days ago I was about to pick my handbag up and head off when I realised I'd forgotten my boobs . The other day I was just heading into Santander to raid the cash machine when I realised I hadn't bothered to tuck , I must admit my 60 denier tights were doing a great job , it looks like I'll have to sort out a flight plan before taking off in the future !

I wear a nightie so wafting round the supermarket in it ? Maybe not !

I'm beginning to wish more GGs would start wearing skirts , I feel the men are missing them as much as us judging by the guys that have started to follow me round the supermarket . Spring must be in the air !!!

There is definitely NO spring in the air today Teresa, real jeans and jumper weather out there. And also Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Banned Read only
    Carole,
    Thanks for the kind thought this morning , Lucy enjoyed sharing the ham . I must admit I warmed my toes by the fire this afternoon but did get some cleaning done .

HAHA! Yep I find when I got to busy shopping areas I get more cars to let me pass and more doors held when I'm wearing a shorter skirt.