Thread: observations from a day out dressed

observations from a day out dressed

Every few months I have been getting a makeover and taking a day to shop and do things. I had one last week and it had its ups and downs. In no particular order, I was told that the wig I brought with me to wear was shot beyond reasonable repair. I was not planning on it but I did get a nice new wig. I also lost an earring (one of my favorites) and broke a necklace. Things happen.

I had some interactions with men -- something I am not entirely used to while dressed. I had my nails done at a salon by a male tech. He was completely professional and treated me like one of the girls by trying to sell me a more expensive package which he did with all his women customers ( some of whom were amenable). I knew the polish I was getting would be gone the next day, but the work on the nails themselves would last and be better than what I could do. The massage that went with the service was a lot stronger than the tweaks I have received from women techs. I wonder.

There is no half hour longer than that spent under the nail dryer, perhaps more so when you are next to and opposite teenage girls. Happy to have blended in a very crowded salon.

While I was looking at jewelry in a department store in a mall, a man came up to me and told me that I looked very nice. I thanked him and continued looking at the jewelry. When I left the store he followed me out. I jumped into the next store which happened to be a Payless. He was there a minute later. Coincidence? Maybe, but I did not want to have an encounter that might end up on the local news or worse. I left Payless and went to a store where no man, except a CD/TG would likely go into alone -- Lane Bryant. He was waiting outside.

I decided it'd be a good idea to leave the mall. I was parked near the entrance. One of the perks of shopping on a weekday. No further incidents. I like to think I kept my head about this. I also like to think I now know how the other half lives but I know I don't.

Aside from jewelry and a pair of shoes, I had not yet seen any clothing worth trying on. A day out dressed to shop without a visit to the fitting room is incomplete. I eventually had some luck with that at a Kohl's.

For what it's worth, the two Payless stores I visited that day both had inventory in 11 to 13 wide similar to when it was not going out of business.

A day dressed and about with ups and downs. Can't really complain.

Good call on caution about the man! Glad you had a relatively good day otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by melissalynn View Post
    While I was looking at jewelry in a department store in a mall, a man came up to me and told me that I looked very nice. I thanked him and continued looking at the jewelry. When I left the store he followed me out. I jumped into the next store which happened to be a Payless. He was there a minute later. Coincidence? Maybe, but I did not want to have an encounter that might end up on the local news or worse. I left Payless and went to a store where no man, except a CD/TG would likely go into alone -- Lane Bryant. He was waiting outside.
    Could have ended up very scary. The unfortunate side of going in public.

Banned Read only
    I wonder when these male admirers are going to get the idea that transgender women and cross dressers are not out looking to 'hook up.' That man's actions are clearly of a nature of stalking. If a genetic woman were to be stalked at a mall in that manner the man surely would be questioned or arrested by the police. No matter what one's sexual tastes are a person knows where to go looking.

Happy you had an otherwise pleasant day.

Hey ladies: you know GGs have to put up with that kind of behavior EVERY DAY, right? That guy wasn’t even particularly creepy! That’s pretty typically male. You should hear some of the lines I get!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Men think being persistent is something women like just keep that in mind.
    He was just being that and not following you asking questions like a creepy guy would.
    I had to ask one SA at a store to let me sneak out the back door because a guy was following me.
    I pointed him out to the SA and he said yes I will let you exit out the back door.
    Keep your eyes open at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Hey ladies: you know GGs have to put up with that kind of behavior EVERY DAY, right? That guy wasn’t even particularly creepy! That’s pretty typically male. You should hear some of the lines I get!
    Beat me to it, Micki. I don't suffer much from unwanted male attention when out, one of the benefits of working the chubby old aunt look, I guess. But you typed exactly what I was thinking as I read Melissa's post.

And to Melissa, good for you for being so aware. It sucks that your itinerary was forced by the situation, but your choices were wise.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Platinum Member
    Hi Melissa Lynn , All in all it seams like you had a pretty good day. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Melissalynn, That's a scary incident, I'm glad you ducked him.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    following a woman from store to store is beyond the realm of normal. Waiting outside a store you entered is creepy beyond belief.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It has happened to me on a couple of occasions and when I spoke to others about I was told stalkers are regular everywhere.

You just have to keep your eyes peeled.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like something I've kind of done before with attractive women. Being too shy to actually approach them it comes down to following them around like a puppy dog
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Glad your outing was pleasant in spite of the unwanted attention.

It’s been a while since I’ve had a makeover. Thanks for reminding me.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!