Thread: More Sunday dinner quips ...

More Sunday dinner quips ...

So our son comes to dinner as usual. Our back and forth dinner is like having dinner with utter DBs.

Naturally, I was en femme … for the intently curious, I just posted a photo in the photo section of the ad hoc casual ensemble. The weekend is my time to be pretty, dagnabbit!

Herself did most of the cooking, but upon request, I made the roasted carrots. Our son loved them so much that he paused, looked at his mother, his tone had grown serious, and he said "I need you to make these carrots for me … always"

She retorted "He made the carrots, I mean she, I mean …" (honestly, I don't care what they call me )

A little more back and forth ribbing and our son suggested "shklee" or "shklim" or "shkler". Upon my confusion, he explained they were terms used for a genderless god-monster from an episode of Futurama.

As we were laughing, I stopped with dead pan seriousness in my voice and said "Oh, sure … make fun of the 'tranny' in the room why don't you!"

He started to back pedal just a little, and I couldn't keep up the façade of mock outrage So, back to the banter and laughter.

At this point, I just like messing with him

Meanwhile, he really did love the carrots! Plus we packed off the leftovers from last night's rabbit … so I'm growing proud of my cooking skills

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My daughter's 24. I wish we could joke about Sherry the same as u do, Macey. Sigh!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, I wish that for you as well! Meantime, we have each other and the rest of the wonderful ladies here!

Yes, I wish the same about my daughter. Laughter is the best medicine, so is good humor!

Macey, Oh to be a fly on the wall at your house, but with my luck you would find the fly swatter.
    Crissy

I know that it works for you but it would not ever work for my daughters or sons. they probably would have had a disgusting look on their faces and left. I would prefer that we all just laugh at ourselves with the others and be dressed and enjoy what I want to wear or do. I guess it's my old age setting in.

And you ate Brer Rabbit as well.

I do like the interaction you have with each other.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.