I suspect many will take issue with my post, but please keep in mind I am not suggesting this applies to anyone other than myself.

If you look at a typical definition of a hobby (a regular activity done for enjoyment, typically during one's leisure time - wikipedia), that pretty much sums up how I feel as an occasional or "weekend" crossdresser who goes about once or twice a month. I don't feel like a woman, I don't feel girly, I don't feel like there is a woman inside trying to get out, etc. But for reasons I cannot fully explain, I just like getting dressed up and trying to look as convincing as possible, and being around others in public in this mode. I think my S.O. put it best when she said I like playing the role of a woman in public. The closest analogy I can come up with is someone who does amateur theater, i.e., for some reason they enjoy playing the role of someone else in front of an audience. For me I think it is some combination of the look and feel of the clothes and the feeling of being thought of, or treated as, a woman.

I totally understand and accept that for some (most?) crossdressers, calling it a hobby is not right for various reasons, I'm just saying that for me I think it is not necessarily wrong.

Just wondering if anyone else feels like I do?

For no good reason just including a photo from my last GNO a few weeks ago, in the hotel room after I got home. I decided to wear pants for the first time, because I had recently scraped up my knee in a minor cycling accident!

IMG_7170_f.jpg