Thread: My new post lady, my neighbour and the acceptance goes on

My new post lady, my neighbour and the acceptance goes on

This morning I dressed as I do, micro spotted black and white skirt forms and a long sleeve top, I needed to give the car a quick vac before it goes to the garage so I went out with my vac, and as I went out of my gate from behind me I heard a cheery "good morning" from Marie Christine a happy smile as well of course I turned back and replied appropriately, I felt good inside. Then after getting the car out and cleaning the carpets I was about to to ake the vac back into the house when the new post lady pulled up, without another thought I walked up to her little van and got a beaming smile and good morning greeting from her, as you can imagine one would have been blind to not notice I was dressed en femme, I had a good 30mtrs or so to her van so she would have had a moment to look at me properly as I walked towards her but taking my post from her she was just like my neighbour, charming, accepting and thoroughly nice.
    Wouldn't it be so lovely if life was just like this every time we meet a new person? I still ponder over how lucky I am to be able to walk around outside the precincts of my garden, to go to my barn to my other outbuilding without getting unwarranted looks, all of my neighbours are the same and now my new post lady greets me lilke I m no different.
    This little episode gave me a "feel good" feeling, a boost to the day.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,

I heard Specsavers had gone bust in your area , people just accept have poor eyesight !!

Sorry , we know each others sense of humour by now !

I we have chatted about this many times so we are in agreement it does feel good but I must avoid getting road rage with people in car parks , not quite the image from a dizzy blond !

A while ago I was walking down my path to the driveway when I met the postman , we have met before but not face to face , so he asked point blank , " What do I call you now ?" I replied I prefer not the one my wife uses , " Idiot !" but Terri or Teresa will do fine .

Bobbi, You have done so well living in your little hamlet, of course your outgoing personality and sense of humor has also helped. Good for you!
    Crissy

So happy for you, Bobbi.
    How's the new car?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats the way it should be Bobbi

Banned Read only
    It's nice to read stories of acceptance. Acceptance of people for whom they are and not what someone thinks they should be.

"That's the way it should be", Tracii you are very true in what you say but how often we hear of other parts where its not, I think I am very fortunate with who I have round me that I can live my life so freely and not worry about people really think of me.
    My neighbours treat me like any other human and seeing me dressed is now a normal thing for them as well as it is for me.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    It’s always nice to go about and have normal interactions, and that’s as it should always be. We are who we are and should not hide it

New car, new friends, brand new life … look at you Bobbi! So happy for you

Bobbi, that's great that you were treated appropriately.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Nothing like a feel good day to boost the confidence.

The Spring weather does it I think.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It sure was a good day for me happenings like this are good for everybody, and in my case give me some very good memories as well.

That is great Bobbi! Congratulations. Have you spent all day like that, going into town to shop, eat or whatever. I think that you will get a lot of "normal" treatment from most if not all people. Enjoy.

Allie, Yes I did in my hamlet there's only 11 of us 8 of which are French and a Scots couple who hide behind 6' high black steel gates, they have seen me dressed, not close to to actually talk to to but the French couple at the top of my lane have seen me and of course at the same time spoken to me as well;
    I have been to town to the shops and to get petrol for my car? I care not to eat out much on muy own as it is a very solitary thing to do but an evening meal out somewhere is on my "to do list"
    Generally dressing as I please here in my hamlet is a normal thing to do.

Wonderful! I often eat out alone. But then I am in a nice suburb with all the good and bad, i.e. 30,000 people = fast food to upscale restaurants. Sometimes I eat off the bar menu while talking to the bartender and any unfortunate, or fortunate, soul who may sit next to me. I love tha social interaction wherever it occurs! I would guess that the larger nearby found could be a very friendly place especially if you found a small nice place to have lunch or dinner on a more periodic basis. Being a regular brings friendships, some security associated with a known friendly place and a potential opportunity to meet a few more regulars and locals to meet and maybe establish a casual friendship as Bobbi. Oh, what a wonderful world it could be. I have that world at my local coffee shop and love it.