Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logic Behind Wearing Women's Clothes

Banned Read only

Logic Behind Wearing Women's Clothes

Women buy and wear panties and thong underwear plus 10 more styles to choose from because they are sexy, pretty, skimpy, colorful, soft and body hugging. There jeans are soft, stretchy, embellished and also hug the body. And a lot of different style shoes to choose from. And like the soft pima cotton/spandex V neck top I am wearing now are so much nicer than male T's. Compare this to stiff baggy male jeans and thick long male undies. And some wonder why we Cross Dress??? Feeling soft and feminine can be a nice change from the macho tuff male world. I like to feel feminine. I like to wear females clothes that fit and shows off my body. I like feeling feminine.

I do understand that blue color male jobs require tuff clothing and a lot of males aren't into soft attractive clothing, just comfort and don't care to much about how it looks. Then there are MtF Crossdressers like us that do.

Sometimes it's that simple isn't it?
    I've been writing in my journal a lot recently trying to fathom why I do what I do. Today, I wrote that I shouldn't overthink it.
    Introspection is fine, but sensuality tends not to need figuring out.

Um, skinny jeans? Andrew Christian underwear? Just because that’s what YOU wear in guy mode doesn’t mean that’s all that exists.

Platinum Member
    Clothes are clothes until they are not "just" clothes. I am a student of history. Decades ago when communism was hard core, i.e., controlling almost everything in life, there was little choice of clothing in those countries. This was especially evident in communist China. The state deemed clothes were nothing more than some utilitarian garment needed to cloth the body. Watch the news programs emanating from China. People like to express themselves in certain ways. Is it in a person's dna to express his or her feelings through what he or she wears? Personally, I do think so. You're correct about the undergarments. When I go to the men's section to buy undergarments the choices are restrictive; black or white or sometimes grey. Are underwear manufacturers or designers trying to intentionally stifle a man's choice? I think it comes down to what sells. Go to the women's section for undergarments. Yikes! The choices are overwhelming. This past weekend I was at JCPenny's. The central cashier station was in the aisle next to the bras and panties. Does a woman really need all those choices? Is there something in the general genetic makeup of a woman that directs her choices? I think so. I think it is more than societal mores and expectations. I think it has something to do with artistic design. That's where I personally butt heads with the drab clothing. When I was still working I found myself reacting to my dna by the choices I made with clothing. Just about all the professional men wore dark pants and white shirts with a red tie. Look at the President. Same outfit everyday. Stuck in a rut? I chose to express my inner feelings. Depending on how I fell out of bed in the morning I selected a colored dress shirt. In thirty plus years I never wore a white shirt. I also expressed myself in my selection of tie. I couldn't do anything about the pants because societal norms do not allow a manufacturer to be creative.

I always read on this forum about how pretty the clothes are for a woman. Yes, the colors, the fabrics, the style. It makes my head swim trying to make a selection. Is it not possible a woman's dna is receptive to this abundance of choices. I do accept my counselor's opinion that each person, man or woman, has some dna of the opposite sex. She goes on that in some people it is stronger than others. Makes perfect sense to me. Or maybe I am just hoping she is right. I know my wife, if she knew, would think I am totally nuts to have "collected," just like my coin collection, over fifty colors of my favorite Vanity Fair panties. My guy side is satisfied with the basic white or black men's briefs. I think the choices I make as a man who needs to wear women's clothing on occasion is reacting to the dna. It is not just the clothes. It's in the manner in which any man or women needs to express himself or herself. It does back to the "why" I do what I do question, and, not the "how I feel" response.

I probably rambled on too much this early in the day.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think the horse died long ago.
    Wear whatever you like and buck the trend and not play by the rules you hate so much.
    I could care less what the vanilla people think anyway so I blaze my own trail.

Banned Read only
    You are just not looking hard enough if you think all men's underwear is boxers or briefs.

Before I switched to all panties, (sometime in the 90's) I had plenty of "man panties" most of them being colorful bikini cut without a fly. I even had men's thongs from Target that were silky nylon and came in a rainbow of colors.

My mom was the first person to turn me on to "man panties". She started buying me colorful bikini underwear when I was 14, in an effort to stop me wearing her panties.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 03-26-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Pretty much everything you describe you can find a man's version of.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    This exactly ^^^^^^^.
    I don't see a problem here because you are free to wear what you wish.

Aspiring Member
    My own analysis of the affinity for wearing women's clothes doesn't have anything to do with skimpy, sexy, colorful, body hugging clothing. After all, I have some soft, comfortable masculine clothing that has no effect upon me. Also the majority of men can wear women's clothing and not receive the same wonderful sensations we experience. If the fabrics were responsible for the magic then it wouldn't explain why crossdressing is intrinsic in all societies throughout history.

My explanation for why we crossdress is simply its how our brains are hardwired. During the first three years of childhood our brains experience synaptogenesis where we manufacture about 5-times the number of neural connections as the adult brain. (Synaptogenesis also occurs during puberty.) Then, largely through the learning process, some neural pathways are pruned away while others are reinforced. In this way we acquire an innate and immutable neurological response where feel good neurotransmitters, (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and others) are released with crossdressing. In this way, the feminine clothing has positive psychological associations with our early childhood, and provides us with comfort, pleasure, and a sense of belonging.

Yes, crossdressers may be experiencing a sort of synesthesia where activation of one sensory pathway leads to an automatic, involuntary experience in a second sensory pathway. Not all males can experience the sensations we know. It's hardwired in our brains. In a way the the feminine clothing are just tools we use to release the feel good neurotransmitters we need.

Gold Member
    You are correct, Female clothes just do not fit in Construction, Like I did for 50 years.
    I could only wear my panties on the week ends, those ones that I did not have to work.
    Now I am retired, I have thrown away almost all of my male undies, and jeans.
    I am in bra and panties with Fem jeans every day.
    So I live a 50/50 world, and like it.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    Hi Deebra , It is very simple, It is just who I am & it I just what I do! >Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    The variety is where it’s at for me too. I’m just turned off in the men’s clothing sections any more, there’s so much more in the way of colors and styles and textures available for women, it seems. I spent most of my youth in jeans and sweatshirts no matter the season, now I think I’m going through a backlash lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    For me the "principle" is to ESCAPE FROM MYSELF and or "MANHOOD" for a while and become someone else entirely. AND, of course to become another person who is also a "Woman", women's clothes and makeup are necessary.-----As "another person", my own personal concerns simply "melt away" and being a woman not only widens the gulf between "me" and "Not me" but I am relieved of the obligations and pressures of "manhood" ALSO.----I can completely "RELAX AND UNWIND"-----and also get a "sexual charge" out of being a woman and the good feelings of "being pretty" also.----Its like a "fix" or "Drug" for me that I feel a need for every couple of weeks or so.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 03-25-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Try Ikingsky for some nice soft thongs

Banned Read only
    I've bought male sexy underwear like MIcki & Robertcd describe but they just Don't Do It for me, no different than boxers or tighty whities; but Women's do. Fabrics are softer, feel sexy, lace that is pretty, pink and they are women's and I'm wearing them. Men's undies are just not the same as wearing women's panties. It really feels good to pull on bootcut girl jeans that are made for a woman's body that hug and fit my body so nicely, I love how womanly it feels when I zip up the short front zipper and this area is tucked and flat and the jeans fit me in this area just like they would a female. As Confucius correctly said we are blessed with a wonderful feminine feeling when we put on feminine clothing that other males don't have. Lucky us.

On the spare tire cover on a lot of Jeeps there is a saying, "It's a Jeep thing, you just wouldn't understand". How about "It's a CD thing, you just wouldn't understand".

I cannot believe that you are still pedalling this "women's clothes are softer, and all mens clothing is drab, grey and harsh fabrics" thing. Where are you living or shopping? Wake up, open your eyes to the real world. Mens clothing can be just as comfortable, smooth, and colourful as women's clothing.

OK, here's my take. Yes, men's clothing can be soft, colourful etc. But the comparative (keyword) choice is smaller and requires more effort. Case in point, I've flatly told my wife I can't shop for men's stuff at our local Primark. Women's, yeah? In fact bought some sandals in a wide fit only Sunday, and there's a pair of neon pink daisy dukes that will be mine tomorrow. But the men's, jeezus h. Corbett! Zero dice. I have a less common male dress sense is a factor, as is my refusal to advertise my preference in band etc, but I feel impelled to try a lot harder to find men's fashions I'm in love with.
    If I want to settle, fine. Bob's yer uncle, all day, every day. But that's the problem with men too often. Settling.

Of course if we're talking why the label 'women's'. is important then that's a different question surely. For many it's the intrinsic expression of the presentation, more than the actual fashions. For some it's a paraphilia, only women's will do. And for others meh, reminds us of mother, simple comfort, whatever.
    What was the question again?
    Logic, yeah? Scant little of that when we can't form a quorum for why we do this thing we agree to call 'crossdressing'.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Eliot

How glorious it is, and also how painful, to be an exception - Alfred De Musset

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage - Seneca

We suffer more often in imagination than in reality - Seneca

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kayegirl View Post
    I cannot believe that you are still pedalling this "women's clothes are softer, and all mens clothing is drab, grey and harsh fabrics" thing. Where are you living or shopping? Wake up, open your eyes to the real world. Mens clothing can be just as comfortable, smooth, and colourful as women's clothing.
    I have seen other people post with this same state of mind as deebra on here. I tend to just shrug off the koolaid they are offering and go with the certified organic orange juice instead!

I have found some men's clothes that work well for me, if they are in feminine colors. I have a few standard colored men's shirts that I use for situations where that is expected (like doing some environmental consulting work on a mining operation). And they fit my body form pretty well. Many women's blouses and shirts are way too tight in the shoulders and if they are a fit in the shoulders they are too big down below. Just the way I am built. Sad but true.

For sheer comfort as well as expression, clothes made for women cannot be beaten. The fabrics are often different and extremely soft and reshape well with body movements. Personally, I stick with solid colors in public, but the colors are a tell that it is a women's item - you just don't see those colors in men's clothes. People do notice - women smile and men usually just look without expression. I do what fits me in terms of what my identity is.

That said, I fully agree with Stephanie and Confucius as to the basis of this need. You both make excellent points and there is a lot of scientific evidence to support what you say - it is no speculation. Men and women have a lot of differences in various parts of their brains that are well established as being related to the foundations of our personal identities. And both have some of the other's configuration and therefore function. It is a question of how much of the other's and why aren't they more distinctive?

Lots of reasons for that including the interplay of genetics and the effects of small timing errors in development and growth mixed with environmental influences. And each error leaves something that is not completed exactly according to the idealized blueprint. It is not a defect; it is just normal variation because in biology developmental precision and the genetics that drives it does not use the precision seen in the chemical and physical world. In biology, "close enough" is the guiding principle and that is at the very heart of why living things are diverse and evolve.

There is a little bit of that in some places in the physical world but it is rare. In biology it is everywhere. So, it really comes down to Popeye being one of the greatest philosophers and scientists ever - "I yam whats I yam 'cause thats whats I yam." However, there is also a flexibility in that which is possible within certain boundaries established by genetics and development patterns that became locked down at some point. By the age of 16 a person's gender identity is pretty much fixed, but variations around that established pattern can occur afterwards. If you are feminine biased by all the things that happened before you were around 16 you will always be feminine biased. Still, that "close enough" principle provides flexibility so we have adaptive capabilities.

There is no logic when it comes to wearing women's clothes. Not in my case anyway.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

No logic to it. I wear what I like. But there are plenty of stores that cater to guys, a lot more than there used to be. I even have a couple pair of jeans that have a little stretch to them. Times they are a changing.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Oh, I can relate to this in my own personal way...

You see, I'm a total leggings junkie. And I've got it *bad*, baby!

Like, I have no idea how many pairs I own at this point -- and I don't want to know. Yet I keep buying more. And I can't stop.

All I know is they take up a *lot* of space! Gotta measure that stuff by the cubic yard, or something.

Okay, so some brave men wear leggings as stand-alone pants sometimes, sure... Particularly during some sort of fitness activity. However, they're most typically associated with GG's, at least in my neck of the woods.

But I'm not a CD'er, remember.

Especially considering these days I present as a guy like 99.44% of the time, and I'm not trying to emulate a woman, after all.

Though even then: The sheer amount of leggings for women must outnumber the men's versions by *at least* 20:1... Maybe 50:1? More??

And I absolutely *love* the HUGE variety I have to choose from in the women's side of the aisle. I like their colors better. I like their prints better. I like their different fabrics & cuts & styles better.

But I'm not a CD'er, I swear!

All very logical, you see.

Come on, even a basic pair of plain black leggings? Yup, I still choose the women's version.

Why? At the very least, I absolutely hate the way many of the men's pairs are stitched differently in order to accommodate (and even accentuate!) the male frontal thingie... Especially when compared to the GG-equivalent. Same goes for the "butt stitching," which tends to do the opposite in a women's pair.

So, even though I'm a guy wearing women's leggings... I promise I'm still not crossdressing!

You know, considering I have very sound & valid reasons for wearing what I wear, which unequivocally nullify that term (at least in my head, which psychologically comforts me) that seems to sport such negative connotations.

Seriously, though: GG's really do have it going on when it comes to their leggings. Miles beyond the men's side of things, at that.

Ergo, I happily choose the women's stuff, all day, every day.

Banned Read only
    kayegirl, a better and more accurate question is Where Have You Been Shopping, apparently jolly old England doesn't have enough women's clothing stores that you could see what you are missing. To check out what you said I went to the very back of my panty drawer, pulled out a male nylon thong and compared it to a Maidenform Tanga made from soft silky white nylon with one and a half inches of lace up the cheeks. When I put it on it feels feminine, like a woman. Another Tanga has the whole back in see through nylon. The female thongs I wear are nylon also and trimmed in white lace and are pink, black and white and "look and feel" feminine when put on correctly. The male thong is made of stretchy nylon but it's heavier to hold something women don't have, it's not feminine. Women's blouses are softer than any male shirt you can buy and hug and fit your body better. They do not make men's jeans as soft, stretchy, embellished and body enhancing as women's jeans. So if you are born with a feminine mind male undies come up short. It's really how feminine and like a woman you want to be.

While feminine women's clothes are different, I wear Jockey male bikini underwear with many colors. Many women are going around in loose yoga/sweatpants.
    So I don't agree with the "I like the feel of women's clothes". It is more of our own concept that we moving outside our societal gender norms and expressing whatever we consider feminine.
    For some that means body hugging clothes, for others large breasts, for some the makeup, others the lingerie/undergarments. Bridal dresses, feeling pregnant, whatever...
    It is the "I like feeling feminine" that is the key, IMHO. And that is based on what Confucius noted what science has found.

It is not acting effeminate - most of us do not do that while in drab. It may occur when feeling feminine and dressed, but can occur when just feeling feminine and no chance to dress.
    Hugs, Ellen

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    I won't jump on the bandwagon this time but maybe take a step back and think what the actual materials you describe mean .

We know , satin , silk , soft nylon even soft leather and some plastics are lovely to touch and do feel good when worn but these materials also suggest the softness of a woman's body , part of these feelings are suggested to take us back to our young childhood and the closeness and softness of the mother . That feeling can also be slightly erotic so as we get older and our sexual side becomes aroused some of us find the whole expereince becomes a sexual turn on .

When I read so many of your threads I read this into your thoughts , I understand them but I feel you haven't moved on from them . I'm sure I recall you saying you do go out into the RW and often still in this frame of mind . I'm out full time and find those feelings have to be put on the back burner , I'm not saying they don't surface on occasions but not while I'm out in public . I may flirt with people especially the girls but I make sure it's not sexually suggestive , people tend to find that creepy .

We are all different and wear the clothes for our own reasons but there's no denying they are on the whole more pleasurable to wear , I'm not interested if I can find soft male clothes simply because I hate doing drab , I'm less and less comfortable as such .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-26-2019 at 08:29 AM.