Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logic Behind Wearing Women's Clothes

I've often thought that my first "out in public" would be in women's straight leg jeans, a woman's plaid flannel shirt, etc.

Done well, it would be almost indistinguishable from men's wear, except to the very alert eye, yet it would suit me better than wearing the equivalent men's wear.

For me, it's definitely about the feminine presentation. Also, I don't get a thing out of women's outerwear over men's underwear, though vice versa works for me on a daily basis.

I guess the logic for me is, I have to express something that emanates and/or radiates from within, and anything that disrupts that chain won't work. It doesn't need to be completely in the open or even obvious to spectators, it's more for me.

There is physical comfort,and there is psychological comfort: I wear women's clothing because it is comforting to me to feel in touch with my femininity.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    I know I am going to take some heat from the deniers but...

The only logical reason is:

Being transgender, I feel the need to wear the clothing of the gender I truly believe I am.

Everything else is just an excuse. Believe me I made all those same excuses for 40 years.

I was lying to myself most of all.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 03-26-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    This exactly for me ^^^^^^^^^.
    I made all the lame excuses too and tried to deny what was going on inside my head.
    Too many try to explain why they dress in womens clothes and even make long posts about it but it looks like they are just adding more excuses in hopes they can convince themselves.
    Trust me I did that for many years myself.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    My explanation for why we crossdress is simply its how our brains are hardwired. During the first three years of childhood our brains experience synaptogenesis where we manufacture about 5-times the number of neural connections as the adult brain. (Synaptogenesis also occurs during puberty.) Then, largely through the learning process, some neural pathways are pruned away while others are reinforced. In this way we acquire an innate and immutable neurological response where feel good neurotransmitters, (dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and others) are released with crossdressing. In this way, the feminine clothing has positive psychological associations with our early childhood, and provides us with comfort, pleasure, and a sense of belonging.
    There seems to be a life long attempt for humans to justify their actions, whatever it might be, so why would CD'ing be any different!
    What Confucius says in the quote makes a lot of sense , at lease in my case. An early childhood memory was wearing panties as a punishment, and it struck. In puberty I started to dress, which lead to masturbation while dressed. I was unaware of it at the time, but I was developing and reinforcing a behaviour that has been a life long habit ever since. Guilt drove me to justify my actions, but as I see it at the end of the day, it still boils down to what the quote says. Yes, it has changed some what as I have gotten older, but the underlying message is still the same. I still flip back and forth with attempting to justify myself, that usually happens when I am feeling guilty about something. When not feeling guilty, it is now usually a slow burn until the urge for gratification is greater than the pleasure of just the clothes. That is the only logic I see in CD'ing from my prospective. Everybody will have their own prospective on this, as we are all different between our ears!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    You are just not looking hard enough if you think all men's underwear is boxers or briefs.

Before I switched to all panties, (sometime in the 90's) I had plenty of "man panties" most of them being colorful bikini cut without a fly. I even had men's thongs from Target that were silky nylon and came in a rainbow of colors.

My mom was the first person to turn me on to "man panties". She started buying me colorful bikini underwear when I was 14, in an effort to stop me wearing her panties.
    I had all that, when I worked in a machine shop changing in the locker room was a spectacle. The guy that had the locker next to me said I gave him and erection. I laughed if off and moved my stuff to a different row. I wore man panties for 28 years before switching to girls stuff. I like the selection better. First time my ex saw my underpants she ask me if I was gay.. I should have taken that to heart and dumped her. Would have saved a lot of time.

I love dressing because it makes me feel wonderful. Maybe we all should give ourselves a break and just enjoy something special that God gave us even though it may not be what the mainstream tells us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I know I am going to take some heat from the deniers but...

The only logical reason is:

Being transgender, I feel the need to wear the clothing of the gender I truly believe I am.

Everything else is just an excuse. Believe me I made all those same excuses for 40 years.

I was lying to myself most of all.
    Pretty much, yeah.

All the other fantastical rationalizations about the softness of the mother, women's clothes being more diverse in color, etc., etc., don't explain why transmasculine people (who exist in the world in about the same numbers as transfeminine people, although they're almost nonexistent here) have symmetrical reactions to men's clothing, although of course they enjoy different things about it.

To be fair, there are cismen who buy from the women's section and ciswomen who buy from the men's section because they care weakly enough about social norms and strongly enough about whatever they're finding there to do so. You won't find them for long on a crossdresser forum, either. In a venue that drew a big-tent audience of gender non-conforming people, you might.

Heck, I've even met transwomen who would have happily kept wearing many kinds of men's clothing, for practical and comfort reasons, if not for the need to be passable, and transmasculine people who were a lot more comfortable with the idea of being skirt-wearing boys than skirt-wearing girls. The world is a big and strange place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    BTW, for those who didn't catch on...?

The bulk of my prior post was extremely tongue-in-cheek.

Uh, at face value, I'm a dude wearing women's clothing -- of *course* I'm crossdressing!

Unfortunately, I do see enough of that mentality out there, however.

"Oh, but I only wear some clothing of the opposite sex sometimes because of this, or that, or whatever. But I'm not CD'ing!"

Mmm, yeah... Sure. Whatever gets you through the night?

Not sure what the big deal is, really. It's only a freakin' word.

And one that's been officially & universally established "by the professionals" well before any of us were born, with a very simple, cut-&-dry definition.
    But Heaven forbid one personally gets associated with that kind of stigma.

Can you say, "triggered"?

However, with that said...

In regards to my strong preference for *women's* leggings, everything I mentioned certainly holds true.

If you feel otherwise, feel free to prove me wrong.

I could also make a similar case for women's tops, which I adore for all sorts of logical reasons.

Hint: For the most part, men's & women's clothing are, indeed, different from one another -- in all kinds of ways!

*Gasp!* I know... The shock, the horror.

I am going to sound naive here...
    But why is there a lot of rejecting of the original post's proposal about why we wear? What if it is really as simple as more options to choose from?

I plan to wear clothes that I *like* during my life, not one specific gender's typical wardrobe, and that includes men's and women's clothes!
    The colors and fabrics are mostly what draw me to any clothing I like, so there's no internal feeling of repressed femininity/trans identity that some here have suggested.

But feel free to convince me otherwise! I'm just a noob ;-;

Considering that women's clothing is designed (mostly) by men, and that they are rather impractical (how deep are those front pockets in your girl jeans? If they even have front pockets... ) and created to highlight the female form, I find it amusing that someone would use the word "logic" in describing the wearing of women's clothes.

I mean, just look at men's jeans vs women's jeans. Men's are tougher, coarser, have useful pockets and will usually last a damn sight longer than a woman's pair. A woman's jeans are made of a softer denim, and will usually showcase a feminine derriere. And there is that pocket issue again.

Shoes? Really, how practical is it to stand on stilts? Yes, we all know how they improve the look of our legs, but seriously? And bras, sure they may be soft and sexy and cute, but their sole function (with the exception of sports bras) is to 'push 'em up, push 'em out' and scream out "HEY! Get a load of THESE babies!!!"

The only logic I see in regards to the female wardrobe, is that it is designed to appeal visually to males, and to make women more vulnerable. Ever try running in 4" heels?

All that being said, I like my girl clothes and wouldn't give them up for the world!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

"Considering that women's clothing is designed (mostly) by men..."

I understand what the media likes to say. And I'm sure they have their reasons for doing so.

However, real-life "boots on the ground" (i.e., people who actually work in the industry, which includes plenty of GG's) say otherwise -- that most are, indeed, GG's.

That's been my brief professional experience, as well... More GG's than men, with a higher-than-normal prevalence of gay males, to boot.

Eh, believe whatever you want to believe, as long as it suits one's narrative?

BTW, don't confuse a male CEO, with someone who actually designs the stuff. The CEO is there to run the company, itself, that's it. Much different responsibilities.

P.S. GG's here have already explained the smaller pockets thing.
    Last edited by ellbee; 03-26-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Pretty simple logic for me, I love the feel of women's clothes, Always have
    and the feeling if having breast in the outfits, well that is just a bonus.

A nice dress and all the other bonuses of women's clothes.
    1000% better then any men's clothes I ever had.

The men's clothes are functional for guy stuff, But
    for relaxing, I have no use at all for them.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    "Considering that women's clothing is designed (mostly) by men..."

I understand what the media likes to say. And I'm sure they have their reasons for doing so.

However, real-life "boots on the ground" (i.e., people who actually work in the industry, which includes plenty of GG's) say otherwise -- that most are, indeed, GG's.

That's been my brief professional experience, as well... More GG's than men, with a higher-than-normal prevalence of gay males, to boot.

Eh, believe whatever you want to believe, as long as it suits one's narrative?

BTW, don't confuse a male CEO, with someone who actually designs the stuff. The CEO is there to run the company, itself, that it's it. Much different responsibilities.

P.S. GG's here have already explained the smaller pockets thing.

Then I stand corrected.
    And I must have missed the 'short pockets' explanation. Care to enlighten me, or point to the post?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

that's where I join in, it's the infinite variety of the clothing that keeps me going back for more. Colors, styles fabrics, designs, prints, and I could go on. And that's just the clothing, there is also the jewelry, hair styles. It's just heads ahs shoulders above the choices that men have.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

A quick search on the pockets thing turned up this most recently...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...=1#post4339025

That post (#189) does a pretty good job explaining the logistics of it.

I suppose one could also Google something like "why do women's pants have small pockets" -- at one's own risk.

Just be sure to have a fairly large grain of salt handy, nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    And some wonder why we Cross Dress???
    <snip>
    I like to feel feminine.
    <snip>
    I like to wear females clothes that fit and shows off my body.
    <snip>
    I like feeling feminine.
    There are plenty of men's clothing which is quite comfortable, as evidenced by all the WOMEN who wear it to feel comfortable. So it's not the physical comfort which is driving you to crossdress.
    Something is causing you to embrace femininity and your desire to identify with being female.
    Perhaps try to identify when exactly this started, and maybe you'll be able to figure out what it was that began those desires.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't see logic in wearing in wearing women's clothing , more like fantasy and desire

Personally I've never felt so comfy in my life, right down to my socks, pantyhose, and bra. Speaking of pantyhose that's the warmest garment going. Today I had to go to the Harley Dealership and pick up my new Road Glide. It's was 48°F so I put on a pair of Marilyn Monroe Silky Smooth Control Top Sheet with Reinforced Toe under my jeans and I was warm and toasty all the way home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    There are plenty of men's clothing which is quite comfortable, as evidenced by all the WOMEN who wear it to feel comfortable. So it's not the physical comfort which is driving you to crossdress.
    Oh, I'm sure the physical-comfort factor plays at least a small role for many, if not most, CD'ers.

Comparing men to women, in this case? Apples to oranges, really.

And things can be different, yet still equal, ya know.

I won't pretend to speak for all GG's & all CD'ers on this. But from I understand...?

"Crossdressing comfort" for a GG oftentimes means warmth, thickness, coziness, oversized, etc. Stuff in that vein.

Think: A men's hoodie, or a flannel shirt, perhaps, that's "too big" on them. All that extra fabric = *cozy* comfort.

"Crossdressing comfort" for a guy, on the other hand, oftentimes means smooth, sheer, tight & stretchy, etc. Things of that nature.

Think: A pair of tights/pantyhose/stockings, or leggings, or a stretch-velvet dress. Silk, satin, nylon, spandex, etc. = *sensual* comfort.

Anyway, obviously this isn't all-encompassing, that it's true for all. Just that I've seen enough of that out there.

But the bottom line is, both are two sides of the same coin... Physical comfort.

*Why* the differences? I couldn't tell you, without at least speculating.

I don't want to wear my mens clothes out, they are too expensive to replace. :-)

I look better in women's clothes anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Something is causing you to embrace femininity and your desire to identify with being female.
    Perhaps try to identify when exactly this started, and maybe you'll be able to figure out what it was that began those desires.
    Just this year, at least where I live, the retail outlets started stocking stretch pants/jeans for guys. Those are the best pants I own. I would get them a couple of sizes small because they stretch nicely. No more stiff cardboard looking jeans for me. I don't have to get adjusting them to get on and off my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenJeanette View Post
    Personally I've never felt so comfy in my life, right down to my socks, pantyhose, and bra. Speaking of pantyhose that's the warmest garment going. Today I had to go to the Harley Dealership and pick up my new Road Glide. It's was 48°F so I put on a pair of Marilyn Monroe Silky Smooth Control Top Sheet with Reinforced Toe under my jeans and I was warm and toasty all the way home.
    If there is logic to any sort of dressing, I've found pantyhose to be the best in this regard. I used to do a fair amount of camping in tent and sleeping bag, and nothing helps more with the cold toes in the wee hours than a pair of pantyhose. A great insulating layer with essentially zero bulk. I'm sure they would help when riding in cold weather too, although I'm somewhat less inclined to underdress when doing things I know could be inherently hazardous.

I wore tights more than once while riding long before I started CDing. Riding to Aberdeen in winter would have resulted in cold-inflicted SRS otherwise. 🤣

Banned Read only
    sometimes_miss,

We have disagreed on a few things but not this time on your thread #42. So to answer. At the age of 4 I was playing with a little girl and saw her beautiful shoes. I suggested we switch, when she wanted them back I didn't want to take them off. At 6 or 7 I use to watch my aunt get dressed in her white, shiny, silky underwear. While playing at 12 the urge hit again to be like a girl so I wrapped myself in a blanket to feel like a skirt. At 18 it was first panties and then slips, bras, and more and more. Now you know. As Confucius correctly said I believe 100% that I was born with a mind that was a big part female, different than masculine males, that is why at 4 I wanted to wear her shoes.

I look at women nude, dressed in underwear, outerwear and how they present and go about. They are beautiful and have so much to work with, not only the clothes that allow them different looks but the feminine demeanor that is a woman. Done the man thing, would love to try being the most attractive feminine woman I cold be.