Thread: New job, better performance/ more productive and it's been noticed ...

New job, better performance/ more productive and it's been noticed ...

So - part of my new job is the ability to work from home every week. Today was one of those days and I dressed in bra, panties, stockings a blouse and skirt, - ironically what I consider comfy clothes. I say ironic because my wife always shakes her head about it since she can't wait to peel all of that off when she comes home.

I had a conference call, attended a go to meeting and even a skype call - yes, I changed out of my blouse and put on a shirt and tie for the 30 minutes the call took - they can't see you from the waist/ table top down so there was no risk of being seen.

Point being, I was comfortable, super productive and relaxed. My new manager has noted that the days I work from home I am even more productive than I am in the office and asked me what my secret was ... would love to tell her, but I leave it at I'm just more comfy, have less distraction and interruption than when I'm in the office. She made a joke about me wearing bunny slippers making my life better, so maybe she should buy them for everyone. I just smiled and said yeah, something like that - mental image of her buying everyone in the department panties n bras etc. That brought a smile to my face, but hey if it makes everybody more productive - I may be on to something.

Heather, It makes perfect sense to me, you are happily dressed the way you want and therefore are in a better place. I’m thinking the bunny slippers are a good start.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Just keep in mind the Alka-Seltzer commercial where the guy is working from home and sneezes during a conference call. Laptop falls to the floor and he is wearing his Jockey's. Bras and panties for everyone.

Heather,

Your post brings back happy memories of my time as a home based worker. It's true what you say about the lack of distractions. Not being interrupted every few minutes allows you to focus much better. I also worked more flexible hours. If there was something I wanted to finish I cracked on till it was done. Other days I'd find I was in a position to call it a day that bit earlier. Swings and roundabouts.

And yes, being able to sit in a soft flowing skirt, a cammi top (in the warmer weather) was just the icing on the cake. It was during that period wearing femme clothes became normal. I could put on a bra, tights to, as easily as any GG.

Oh happy days!

I know of a YouTube CD (Juliette Noir) who does this and has recently actively pondered coming out during a Skype call. That could be fun.
    Sometimes I miss work, but I sure don't miss working for the private sector. I make no money at all now, but I'll stick to caring for wife. No choice really. 😬

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather1970 View Post
    She made a joke about me wearing bunny slippers making my life better, so maybe she should buy them for everyone.
    Free bunny slippers??

I'll take a pair!

(You do realize that I now have to buy some for myself, right? )

(I also like the pig ones. And the koala's. And the raccoon pair. And... )

Personally I would keep the real truth under your wig, for me I tell them that Skype is too slow if I transmit video.

" I'm just more comfy, have less distraction and interruption than when I'm in the office."

Just stick to that story and it is the truth.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.