Thread: It's a Good News/Bad News Kind Of Thing

It's a Good News/Bad News Kind Of Thing

Hi All

The good news ... my wife is spending a lot of time now at our summer/vacation/weekend house, leaving me here at our primary home (I work, she's retired). That means, of course, that Fran can emerge from hibernation. Yay!!!!

The bad news ... I went to Fran's hidden store of clothing in the basement and Eeeeeeeeeeek Critters got into the stuff. All ruined, mouse pee/poop/chewing/etc/etc/etc. It was all just too icky to clean.

The good news ... that means lots of shopping! I Love Amazon Prime! Costco has a nice skirt and top on sale right now! Target is On Target! Yay!!!!!!

The bad news ... dang, can run up a "nice" credit card bill this way, boo! (but at least we get miles :-)

The good news ... well, Amazon has delivered, Target has hit the target, etc, etc, and mornings and evenings are now Fran Time. More time to participate here. More time underdressed during the day@work. Yay!

The bad news ... no more bad news. Yay!

Fran

Fran, The key is having more good news then bad and other then losing your stored clothes I think you’re doing good. Maybe pick up some nice polish when out and about.
    Crissy

Fran,

Seems like you either need to get some traps or a cat!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I used to toss my stuff in the ceiling joists of an old servant quarters room in my house. The house dates from well into the early slavery period. Dangerous and dilapidated, no one but myself generally dares go there. Rodents have the run of that section from time to time. Silverfish are rampant throughout.

Part of the reason I came out to my wife was so that I could acquire and store my things properly. It wasn't the only or even main reason and I don't advise that anyone do so solely on that basis, but there was a point where I had to allow for some personal growth or stuff myself in a bottle. Girl, have I grown. My femme wardrobe rivals my male clothing in size now.
    Renée Theresa Davidson

Eeeew. I'd be livid if mice got at my pretty clothes. That’s why I store them in suitcases and totes with lids.

Have fun rebuilding your wardrobe. Thrift stores and clearance sections are your friends.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

that sucks that the mice got into your stuff Fran.
    those damn things are so destructive.
    Had a big problem with them here as well. But I think I have them gone for now.

Good luck getting rid of them.
    And enjoy your new purchases.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Enjoy your time. My last day of extended femme time is today. If I had critters like that I'd move. A coworker had an issue with critters (rats) in his basement. He went to the pound and liberated two cats and threw them into the basement. He said there was a heck of a lot of turmoil going on. But, the cats took care of the rats. Also, find a new place to keep your clothes.

Hi all

Thanks for the responses!
    This is the first time we’ve ever had a mouse issue here ... I’m sure it’s just one of those things. I have put out some traps; we’ll see.

And yeah, I do have to find some better (and bigger!) storage... I knew that anyway, now it’s just a wee bit more important. I’ve got a couple of ideas... and yes, Renee, coming out to my wife is one (though a very low probability right now for various reasons).

Crissy, cosmetics are in the agenda for next week ... between rebuilding a wardrobe and random other things (none bad, just time consuming) it had to be put off. Besides the satisfaction of just the basics right now is really great.

TTFN
    Fran

Ugh, mice are so annoying. Definitely need a better storage solution and mouse proofing for the future

Your bad luck just reminded me that it is time to put out a new open can of moth balls in my storage unit. So far, with a can constantly open no critters in my unit.

I just had to throw away one of my motorcycle helmets due to a rat that made his home in our garage - he used most of the inner liner of the helmet as bedding I guess because it sure was a mess!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Try one of those large Rubbermaid containers with the snap on lid to protect your stash.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Fran, Sorry your clothes were ruined, but enjoy your shopping and Fran time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Fran,
    That's what I like, a positive outlook. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Definitely a good news/bad news situation, but, just think how much fun you’re going to have shopping. I know it will hit the pocketbook, but..you’re right..no more bad news...you’ve made lemonade out of lemons. Enjoy.

I like your positive attitude to the mouse/clothes problem. Shopping is fun!