Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body Image Issues

Yes I have body image issues. Flat butt, narrow hips, big feet, big ears, hooded eyelids, and jowls. I don't worry or obsess about them, I simply acknowledge them and deal with them best I can. A little padding, and improving makeup skills helps me do that.

Karen

Silver Member
    Kelly,

Funny you should ask. About a month ago, after a meeting of the LBGT employee resource group, one of the gals asked if I had body image issues when dressing. Sure do, just as you mention. I am particularly sensitive about my chin and waist.

In male mode, there still are issues but so much less. I think social media and photo editing certainly put our issues into overdrive. Not that we shouldn't have SOME ideals to help guide us. Appearances can be indicative of self care. Just don't get carried away.

Banned Read only
    About the frequency of the weighting. Yes, weight fluctuates during the day. The medical advice I received which has been consistent is to weigh yourself in the morning after ridding your body of waste; liquid and solid. Also be butt naked. I know my body can have a four pound swing during the day, but, I will be at my lightest in the morning after purging bodily waste. The point is people become more conscious of their weight with frequent weigh-ins. Do it once a day or once a week. The advice of not weighing oneself everyday seems to border on becoming discouraged by the fluctuations. My personal thoughts are I rather not binge eat during the holidays and find out I gain five pounds at the end of the week. I queried the nurse at my last weigh in about their readings because I always weigh heavier due to the fact I do have clothes on and have drank and eaten. The nurse said they are more concerned about the amount of weight gain or loss rather than the number. Since I have been banging away on this keyboard I have gained at least one pound because I have consumed two eight ounce cups of coffee. PS: Don't monitor your blood pressure right after coffee.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My only issue is finding some willpower to keep a diet going,there's a good few pounds need shifted

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Yes I do it my belly it to big. I look pregnant when wearing some things. and I do think there is to much body shamming.
    Angie

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thumbs up Weighing myself every day IS important.

Yes, my weight varies daily. But, it accurately shows me when I'm beginning to PUT ON WEIGHT!

Then, it's a simple matter of cutting back for a few days to get back to 150.

If I didn't, I mite suddenly find myself 10 lbs over!!
    Which isn't so easy to get rid of!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Damn Doc, you’re a skinny ass mother. Good for you.
    Crissy

I had some body issues when I was growing up. But once I found that women had a much higher priority for money, success, public status, and then added in charm, it seemed that my few failing physical attributes weren't really very important at all. I do have the benefit of being tall (about six three or four, depending on how I stand) so that's an advantage, but I'm not very handsome in other ways yet that never seemed to be a problem once I had confidence in myself and learned how to be all the things that 'tick the boxes' in women's 'want' lists. Years after my divorce, I've even learned to blame my occasional ED problems on a past accident which 'caused some intermittent nerve damage issues'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Two things
    Personally, when I started dressing to go public. The first dress I put on knowing what I wanted to see in the mirror and what I saw looking back I was crushed! The wife said to me. Now you know how it feels. Your expected to look a certain way, have fantasy body type, even look beautiful when first get up. You better start learning to laugh at your self! Welcome to the club.
    Society, tribalism is alive and well. Yes, every body can be an individual as long as your just like us!
    Self-centered people always expect others to conform to there imaginary ideals.