Thread: Embracing Crossdressing as Valuable Fantasy Play

Embracing Crossdressing as Valuable Fantasy Play

I want to put a good word in for fantasies being enjoyed as fantasies and not feeling like they have to be made real in terms of involving other real people. I am defining fantasy here as a dream that is 'fantastic' - that reaches out to the stars in some way- substantially outside my normal life. I think fantasies are essentially day time dreams- and like dreams are the release valve for elements of my experience that need exploration.

My fantasies express parts of myself that don't fit the world I have access to, or that vividly allow experience of alternate life choices that are incompatible with the life choices I have made. Most of my fantasies are related to my crossdressing, meaning springing from the same needs that are the roots of it.

When I was younger I used to feel like I had to make all my fantasies and normal success dreams real or I would lose out- but now I am decades down the road I see that life is at most a couple of stories at a time, and involves being in and sustaining a community. This makes it more or less impossible to experience everything we want to in real life. In lieu of options like toss out my current life and start a new one- fantasizing is a really practical way to grow.

I feel after a couple of years of it- a very good way to round myself out. I get to exercise a lot of feelings, explore scenarios safely, think about it all afterwards, try again, and just relish the value of the experience I am fantasizing.- it is a very positive and useful practice with lots of positive benefits. I expand my range of feelings, I mature my views on things, I have a bank of experiences, etc.

I think the main drawback of fantasizing is that it is alone and that it takes time. If i am fantasizing I am not taking care of real life needs or building relationships. This is one driver for me of going out -to try to enjoy parts that can be enjoyed IRL. There is a danger of getting lost in fantasies, and not being sufficiently present with others in my real life, but I see that problem now as the same one I had when I was a workaholic- which is a socially acceptable fantasy world.

I offer this as a suggestion to members who are in doubt to feel good about closeted fantasy crossdressing, and to embrace and relish it and not feel 'less than'. I now do dream interpretation on my fantasies -- explore the picture and the feelings, ask myself questions and force myself to answer, look for symbolism, and apply the lessons and ideas to regular life.

Now that I have gone out and lived my fantasies about crossdressing, I can report that yes-it is very nice, internally. But it is troublesome to others, and a lot of the value for me was actually present already as long as I was full embracing the fantasy. So if I am alone, and crossdress as if it is my everyday clothes, and do my chores or cook or read a book, pretty soon it is, and feels like, daily life- and I didn't have to stir up commotion in those who weren't ready to understand it.

The remaining difficulty is then the degree to which I feel authentic in my non-fantasy life. I can report that I am more and more feeling that crossdressing is a preference, but not a necessity,since, through my rich fantasy life,I have grown emotionally. In my time alone I experienced and practiced and become more and more the more well rounded personality that was previously inaccessible, except in a crude way through my [originally] fetish crossdressing.

This is not to say that we shouldn't all be free to go out and gradually convert the society to embracing gender freedom- I would prefer that 100%. But under the circumstances many of us find around us, I propose that fantasy is a very constructive and valuable choice!
    We are all beautiful...!

I feel like you speak in riddles and are a more than a little ambiguous. Fantasy has its place, but the real world is where we live and must still thrive there first and foremost. I feel like trying to live in fantasy too often leads to depression thus making a viscous cycle of living vicariously through fantasy.

There is no fantasy about my dressing and female interaction.

There were some fantasies I indulged in when I was about ten.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not getting the repetitive nature of this post.
    You have fantasies OK we get that.
    Personally too much fantasy can't be a good thing.

Banned Read only
    As this is a cross dressing site I'm trying to figure out exactly what the fantasy may be. Once upon a time as a little kid I (we) were wrapped up in fantasies. We played "war" since all the guys' fathers had been in World War 2. We played cowboys and Indians because westerns were the rage on television. Of course, when playing baseball some assumed the role of a particular New York Yankee. Boo to 'them bums' in Brooklyn. I don't play video games. I wonder what the mindset is for those addicted to hours and hours of wearing out their thumbs?

"Now that I have gone out and lived my fantasies about crossdressing, I can report that yes- it is very nice, internally. But it is troublesome to others..." I don't know if I can term wearing women's clothing as being a fantasy. I know a person viewing me en femme will have the initial reaction that I am somewhat strange. "A guy in women's clothing? What happening with him?" Perhaps if I were donning the garb of some science fiction person and went to a convention fantasy would be a good characterization. Probably there are a lot of people who would like to the a "walker" on "Walking Dead" or "Fear the Walking Dead."

When I am attired as a woman I do not feel as if I am living a fantasy. I don't think when en femme I am a woman. I also don't think I am a man when not en femme. I just think "I am" who I am. I just spent nine days en femme. Most of my time was in doors doing whatever I would normally do. I read the books. I cook the meals. I did the laundry. Rather boring. I did not twirl around before a mirror thinking I was a Disney Princess. In the evening I did go for a drive down to the community mailboxes, and, then proceed on for a stroll in my chosen area. I guess I went for the strolls so I could say I did it. I found it rather boring to take a stroll because it accomplished nothing other than to feel the cool air on my legs.

I don't know if wearing women's clothing would become a preference. The clothes I wear, whether men's or women's garb, feel comfortable, although I find men's shoes more comfortable than women's which I guess I could get some cute athletic shoes with pink laces. I will concur with your statement that cross dressing in society is "mot ready for prime time." That has a bearing upon the life of a cross dresser as attested by the desire to go unnoticed.

I don't know whether wearing women's clothing is a fantasy for me and probably others. A recent thread on this forum has a segment calling what they do a "hobby." Is it a "hobby" when a person is trying to delude the viewer's eye into thinking it sees a woman? Fantasy behavior? Or, like me, I do not consider my behavior to be a fantasy. I am a complex individual who has two different sides of the coin. I am not a fantasy coin made up of two heads or two tails.

My take from this is Philli found reality doesn't always live up to your fantasies.

Banned Read only
    Phili,
    Fantasies cover a spectrum , some are totally whimsical and some can become a reality . When I first joined this forum it would have been a fantasy World to even think I would be dressing full time as Teresa . I find I don't have many fantasies now because I found I can beleive in myself , it's mostly in my hands now to make things happen . I guess I've found a balance, being Teresa is part of my life I don't have any fanatasies about how I'm going to achieve it .

Hmm- Sorry, everyone! I certainly seem not to have been clear or helpful.

I was trying to bring the word fantasy into use to mean a normal daydream of having what feels out of reach- wishful thinking about extraordinary accomplishment. I thought that 'fantasy' defines the practice of many closet dressers who are not going out, but are dreaming about, and enacting when alone, being/looking like/sharing some of the pleasures of women.

My suggestion was to embrace the fantasy as a form of real life, rather than an unfulfilled dream. Then enjoy the growth that comes from fully enjoying it as an experience.
    We are all beautiful...!

I'm sorry but you maybe right. They may not be ready for you, it's their loss.

Yes dreams are very important to life, I would say essential.

Are you saying you are or are not willing to change your presentation?

Yes clothes have so much more meaning to us here than the average person.

I believe you can change the world around you.

I feel you are the same. When they know you, the clothes are no longer a problem.

Banned Read only
    Phili,
    I get the feeling you're still searching for ways round your DADT situation , the last few hurdles are just too high to clear ! One day the daydream will become real .

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Philli, I hope you're not implying that men going out dressed as women is a fantasy come true? If so, u may irritate some ladies here!

Personally, going out dressed has NEVER been my fantasy. But, once I did, real fantasy worlds opened up for me. Such as:
    Appearing as the lead female in a music video. The lead fem character on a TV show. Spent a 10 hour day as Sherry modeling for a professional photog company. And finally, portraying Lara Croft at Ankor Wat.

I've done ALL of this over the age of 68! I would encourage u and everyone here to not simply dream about your fem fantasies. Get out or stay home, and LIVE THEM while u still can!

Said the guy currently completing a picto story about a pretty waitress who is turned into the Easter Bunny!

P1350480 (640x602) (2).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I admit I am dumbfounded, since it looks like I am wildly out of touch with everyone else's reality....

But wait! - that is a great definition of fantasy! There is always a silver lining!

Seriously though, the net result of my new strategy is that I feel more fulfilled, not less- so i'll keep on with it.
    Last edited by phili; 03-31-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    We are all beautiful...!