Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veterans

Sheren, now that is an interesting statistic, thank you. I also wonder what the future will bring with changing social attitudes

10 Years Australian Regular Army from 1993. Dressed beforehand and in secret while serving. I find that I use dressing as a coping mechanism.
    Last edited by bronwyneve; 04-01-2019 at 07:19 PM.

USMC 1995-2003
    I didn't CD until a few years after my active duty time.

6 years British Paras in the 70's. CD as a kid, tried to purge while I service always felt bad. Been doing it since.

when i was been in arm soldier . i had little problems. i hv'nt got maskular body form . therefore they observed to me all of time

I joined the U.S. Army in 1986, stayed active until 1991, for education and employment mainly. My desire to crossdress manifest itself around 11 or 12 years old. I wanted to be a soldier since I was like 5 years old (or at least as near as I can remember). As far as I can tell there was no correlation between the two. I've always been pretty confortable with my "manhood" weather in pants or a skirt, so maybe unlike some, I don't think there was any "compensation" motivation. My crossdressing has always been a pretty private thing, and yes I did dress privately while in the military. Anyway, that's how I see it.

Thank you all for your service, whether during war or peacetime, I and my family are truly grateful to all of you.

MeeShell
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

ARMY --US54834710------------IN COUNTRY JAN.20 1969-------------11Bravo----------Tigerland, North Fort Polk La. Sept. 1968---December 1968
    Last edited by JaniceP; 04-06-2019 at 08:53 AM.

I read in a book (long before internet) from a gg that all crossdressers she ever met were or are in the military. Count me in

USAF 1985-2005. Hid as much of my femininity, bisexuality, and transgender nature as I could, from myself and everyone else. Was attracted to military for lots of reasons, none of which I can connect to my, 10 years later, accepted nature.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

First point here... each and every one of us is different but the same. ( confused ? so am I )
    Been crossdressing since 5 or 6. I was my sisters play sister. Quit for years after she passed away. Started again when my two brothers left home.
    Discovered girls and boys, prefer the girls. Six years in the Navy as a cannon cocker, General discharge after being outed by First ex. She knew from before we were married. Second ex also knew from before marriage, to long a story for here.
    Ex deputy sheriff, been a long haul truck driver for over 40 years.
    Growing up always tried to be macho in everything I do. It took me meeting my wife, yes I told her the night we met, to really begin to accept myself. I have come to realize I have some feminine tendacies but actually am just a guy in a dress. I don't go out and don't want to. My wife is supportive and very helpful.

Aside from the normal raging hormones as a teen, i didn't know about dressing. I joined the Navy at 19 and did a four year stint in the pacific from 57 to 61. My pink fog set in after I married and has been here ever since. The Service played no part in my little world but I saw some sad endings for a few who went a bit too far while in.

Usaf 1987 - 2010

US Air Force 1970-1974. Crossdressed before, during, and after. Just a nice part of me that has always been there...and I expect it always will.
    Last edited by NitaCD; 04-09-2019 at 04:37 AM.

What a great thread! I was never in the military but wish I had been. Thank you to all who served!
    Crissy

74 - 80 us Navy submariner , rotten Groton and pearl harbor .................. Dressed while I was in , being a van owner good place to hide clothes .......

I am a Navy veteran, I crossdressed long before I joined in the 80s. I'm not sure there is any correlation between serving and crossdressing.

USNR 66-75, active duty from 68-70. Quit dressing for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy 107 View Post
    What a great thread! I was never in the military but wish I had been. Thank you to all who served!
    Same here. I tried to join in the 80’s, but had a GED because I was homeschooled. Peace time Marines didn’t want anyone with a GED. I had passed the ASVAB easily, but no dice. I have nothing but the greatest respect and gratefulness for all who have served our country. Thank You!

As a side note, my curiosity has been more along the lines of how many of us are there with a more typically masculine job, or strong masculine expectations placed upon us even from childhood? I know I started experimenting with girly things at a very young age, and I was the oldest. My younger sister and I have always been very close, but I can remember wishing I was a girl when I was very young (5-6?) because I recognized the difference in how we were treated. I love being a man, and considered a “man’s man” amongst my peers, but I also love this feminine side that I learned to accept and embrace.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

In countries that use conscription systems, most trans women do not want to do military service.

Macey,

Some. For me I knew the older I got if I had stayed home the more I would investigate or question my crossdressing. I really needed a job, I had nowhere else to go really. I just had to keep my little secret. So I boxed up all my emotions and clothes put them far from my mind and new lifestyle so I could keep my job. And I survived 25 years.

Now that I am retired, and can explore more those feelings I have reached out and started to ask friends that knew my past, that knew what and who I was when I was Active Duty. It hasn’t been easy, for me and I have found that my softer side the side that has been boxed up for so long wants to assert itself more and more...

This trail is long, and full of obstacles and I am trying. I have a good compass and my map is current. So I guess we’ll see where it leads.

@—}——-
    Michelle

US Army 1985 - 2009

Miss Mars, thank you for resurrecting this thread! I'm interested to hear about South Korea, CD and Trans acceptance there, conscription and military service, etc. I love learning about other places and other perspectives

Michelle, thank you for serving. If anyone in the states, you and all of the other vets have earned the right to live how you darn well choose. Keep exploring, you're worth it!

Darla, sorry I'm getting to your comment late! Interesting how the military standards shape over the years in times of peace and times of war and through the decades. My father came up hard. Hadn't been to high school a day in his life. He signed up the day the Korean war broke out, but being underage, they needed his father's signature, which he provided (forged, father dead for a decade, they didn't check this stuff out too carefully then). He got his GED while in the service during the war. He went on to double major at NYU. In the late 80's a friend of mine was given the choice by the judge (conversation between the judge and my friend's father), sentence or Marines. In those days 'jail or military' was still a 'thing', but not on an official level. When I joined during the first gulf war, much like with you, they weren't too interested in those who hadn't finished high school. This was still before the DADT policy as well, so they also tried hard to weed out homosexuals and also drug offenders.

Banned Read only
    With reference to military service during war time I encountered the Vietnam War experience. The marines and army were not choosy who they took. Essentially, each needed bodies to replace other bodies. I knew of many GI's who did not even possess a GED. Some did not even speak English. I remember a non English speaking kid from Puerto Rico who was paired with another who translated for him. I had no idea how he functioned in the Nam. There were guys who declared themselves to be gay under the premise they would not be drafted. Drafted anyway. Locally (Fort Lewis) there was a famous case of a career military guy who was discharged for being gay just before retirement. He had declared his gayness when he was drafted. The army did not care during the Nam period, but, some officer decided twenty years later to make an issue of it. The GI won his court case and was reinstated. In my squad there was a kid from the backwoods of KY who was given the choice of jail or the army. Took the army and survived. The way it worked for conscription during the Nam was each draft board which was run by civilians of the community were given a quota of bodies to meet. If there were many guys in the area the board took single guys. Otherwise, the boards dipped down into married, then married with kids. There were at least two KIA's in my company who were married with kids. One had two kids, one of which he never saw. I never encountered anyone in Nam who seemed to have joined up to be a macho guy. Maybe there were macho guys, but, combat beats that notion out of you real quick. Most of the guys were farm community/small town boys or big city kids, all of whom were of lower economic classes who were either drafted or enlisted. Personally, I never encountered anyone who was gay or a practicing cross dresser in a combat unit. You put your efforts into returning home alive and not maimed. I suppose stateside, if you had the opportunity to go off base, you could do whatever you wanted on your free time. When I was in the barracks life did not lend itself to any intimate encounters...forty to fifty men in an open bay barracks. With what I see locally (Fort Lewis) army life is a lot different now.

U.S.M.C. 1975 ~ 1995 (Retired)

I have dressed as long as I can remember.

My parents came to me and said we are not helping you with college. If you want to go you have to find one and you have to pay for it. They also said that once I turned 18 I was either paying rent or I was out of the house. I chose the military.

Joined the Army in 1978 and served till 1981. One day in the laundry room I noticed clothing stuck behind some pipes. I pulled it out and it was a skirt. We had no women in our unit so there may have been another crossdresser in the unit. When my roommate went on leave I would wear the skirt.

Started college while in the Army finished after I got out.

From the day my mind starting recording I was a crossdresser, so my time in the Army, between 1965 - 1967 did nothing to start my dressing. It just slowed down for the years I served.