Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a Fem name...

Choosing a Fem name...

I have agonized for a long time about choosing a fem name for myself, I don't know if others on the forum have had this mental block. Choosing a name I can feel that describes me, feels good to hear but yet avoiding names that might offend friends and family. Williewallie has been my online handle for a long time, today I became Joanne. Would love to hear how others have arrived at their alter identity.
    Joanne, aka williewallie.
    Joanne

Well my first name is an alternate feminine form of my male name, and I’m kind of a good so “Finn” was the natural surname to complete the pun (I’m a knockout! Get it??).

As things progress in my life, I’m considering a change of surnames as I’ve been adopted by a drag haus.

Platinum Member
    Hi Willie Wallie , Ten years ago when I joined this forum I thought long and hard about a name,

I didn't want a name that wat connected with anyone in my life past or present,

So I came up with Blue Which is my favorite color,

And Orchid which is my favorite flower,

and on 12/21/2008 Blue Orchid was born. >Orchid ..oo..
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 04-04-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    My female name originally was just the feminine of my given name. As I have always said that I am the same person when dressed, just a feminine version.

That is what I used when I registered for the forum, but recently I have changed my female name to Rochelle, but I don't want to create a new account on the forum.

I chose Rochelle for no other reason than I have always thought it was such a pretty name.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-05-2019 at 11:02 AM.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I lucked out, I just added a vowel to my given name and away I went lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I first thought of what name I would choose if I could choose anything, However, I already used that name for my oldest daughter. That put that name out of the running.
    I then started playing with my male name and came up with Grace by changing a couple of letters, and decided that I like it.

Hi Joanne,

I chose Elizabeth simply because I have always liked it and thought it pretty.

Thanks Micki, Roberta and Michaela, I could only wish a letter or two would give me comfort in my new name, but what the hell could I come up with WALTER, that's how williewallie came about. Now, Joanne gives me comfort.
    Joanne

I wanted something feminine as a regular name and as a nick-name. Nicole vs. Nikki.

I just picked it. It doesn't have any significance to me.

My surname was my father's middle name.

Interesting thread.
    I'm now in the process to change my female name.
    It was Vanessa but that used to identify me with the image of a woman I had being young and crossdresser.
    Now I'm ready to change my real legal name and Vanessa doesn't represent the person I'm now.
    My male name is David and for always wife calls me with a nick name Devi from a short way of devito, so for me is very comfortable now be Debbie.
    I already request the change in this forum and the health insurer team that support trasgender is helping me in all the issues for the legal change.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Quote Originally Posted by williewallie View Post
    Thanks Micki, Roberta and Michaela, I could only wish a letter or two would give me comfort in my new name, but what the hell could I come up with WALTER, that's how williewallie came about. Now, Joanne gives me comfort.
    What about your middle name? I know some girls pick something that’s totally out there from your real name, but I can’t imagine. I had a hard enough time learning to respond to Micki. Last thing you want is for someone to call your name and you don’t recognize it.

Micki has a good point. I had some bad experiences when working in a company and by the intercom call to Va ESA. I thought it was a joke from someone that know that part of me but there was a girl name Vanessa.
    Debbie sounds so familiar in my ear and I keep my initials.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Micki, I never had a middle name, back in1938 when I popped into this world a middle name, was I guess not necessary, I went into the Navy with (n) as my middle name. Never had one, no need to start now.
    Joanne

Hey Joanne,
    I didn’t choose my female name...my wife did. The first time she did my makeup, once my wig was settled on, she just blurted out, “Well hello, Darla.” It seemed to fit, and I could not imagine changing it now. When I am en femme and we are together, she calls me Darla as naturally as she does my male name otherwise (although most of the time just our normal terms of endearment).

Vanessa, my name is also David. I think “Devi” is a beautiful way of saying your male name in a feminine way. Although “Darla” fits me and I would not change it for anything, I would have been just as happy to be called “Devi”.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I am named after Saint Gerard Majella, the patron saint of mothers and women in labor. So I switched it around to come up with my Screen Name. People have called me Jerry on and off my whole life so I chose Gerri as my feminine name, I just changed the spelling.

Call me Gerri.

I prefer Gerard when not en femme.

"Prudence" was already taken.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

All the names I thought of were the names of women I knew and I did not want to be them. I wanted to be Robin because a Robin is responsible for my first Pink Fog so many years ago.

My male name is Chris but when I was a kid and being bullied they used to say, Crissy is a sissy. I really hated it then but love it now.
    Crissy

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Crissy - happiness is the best revenge
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I spent no time thinking about this name when I signed up. It is the name I would have answered to had I been born a girl. I don't particularly care for it and don't use it but I am too lazy to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelasfun View Post
    Crissy - happiness is the best revenge
    I agree, I’m very happy now. The sooner one learns to stand up to bullies the better off they are and I finally did.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 04-05-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Crissy

Krista, because I keep same first initial and because I have a Scandinavian last name and Krista is mostly found in Sweden, Finland and Estonia. Plus I admire the radio personality Krista Tippett.

I chose Brenda because it had good connotations for me, it is female, and it isn't a permutation of my male name. And well, I just like the way it sounds

Aspiring Member
    I too adopted the feminized version of my male given name (not my on-line name, I chose that one to sign up before I had decided on my female name). Like Roberta, whether I am dressed as a woman, or cross-dressing as a man (!), I am the same person, I just have to make some adjustments and cross-dress as a man in certain social circumstances (why? "It's complicated").

Joanne will do you fine, if you wish to change your login name it may have to be Joanne with a surname or a number after it.

We will always remember WillieWallie though:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.