Thread: First transition approval letter in hand!

First transition approval letter in hand!

My insurance company requires following the WPATH guidelines for surgical transition. Which means one gating factor is securing two letters from different mental health professionals, recommending you as a good candidate for top or bottom surgery, with sufficient dysphoria to make surgery a medical necessity. I have already seen those people and gotten their verbal approval. Today I got to pick up the first of the two actual letters, to take to my doctor for my files. Once I have the second one, he can contact the surgeon and get me into the waiting queue for my surgeries. I should have that second letter soon!

Ceera -
    You are my truly an inspiration for me! I read your posts and think "I can do that!" - I have already made appointments to talk to my health providers about my own transition options and hopefully my experiences proceed as well as yours!

May each day exceed expectations!

Tina

I completely emphatize with you Ceera.i understand the happiness and excitement you're feeling, today I saw for second time my gender therapist. He's trasgender too and ask me what surgeries or medical procedures I'm needing in the near future to do the letters. The first is electrolysis for face and genitals.
    In February I saw the endo and told me that she would agree with the letters needed for surgical procedures the GT would recommend.
    I never thought these days would arrive so soon.
    Let's celebrate sista!
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION