Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was your best experience out shopping?

I was out with my wife a few years ago and we were in a Marshall's.
    As we were waiting in the checkout line a lady was behind us with her son in the seat of the shopping cart. The boy had a ball and tossed it out of the cart towards me. I picked it up and returned it to him and got back in line. He tossed it again. Again I returned it. We did this about 5 times, all the time smiling at each other. Finally the mother said to him, "that's enough, the nice lady doesn't want to play anymore". We smiled at each other and off I went to pay for my items.
    It was very heartening to interact with them like that and kept me smiling all day long.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    As long as I buy something it's a good shopping experience.

Without a doubt mine was Sephora in Harrisburg PA during last month’s Keystone. My wife and I both had a great time!

Platinum Member
    Hi Victoria , Having been in this program for 72yrs. now I have had so many great shopping experiences.

when I go to a wig store I always allow at least an Hour & a half,
    Because I don't want to have to rush wile having so much fun.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lots of great shopping experiences over the years.

I bought a necklace at a thrift store. The girl at the cash said "you'll look fabulous with it". I gleefully said thank you.

I had a great experience just the other day, at JJill, naturally -- I was there to return a pair of capri pants that I'd ordered online. They were an L, and amazingly they were too loose on me and I got an M. The SAs at JJill all know me and are super-welcoming and helpful. I was wearing a gingham check skirt that I had gotten in the same order, and I felt like it was also a bit big. I asked the SA who handled the return for me what she thought and she took a step back and said "Turn around." Feeling a bit sheepish, I did so. There were a couple of women at the register next to mine and they started watching and commenting also. By this time there were 4 women, 2 SAs and 2 customers, examining me, obviously a guy, in my skirt and hose. They were all very complimentary and friendly. The consensus was that the skirt was flattering on me but I might want to try the medium to see if I liked that size better. (I did, and I did.) The whole thing lasted less than 10 minutes and I was very flattered and appreciative.

Hi Victoria,

I am so happy you had such a good experience buying a wig.

I have to admit that I was hesitant about posting on this thread because I have not had any experience whatsoever shopping out in the wild for myself. After reading all of your experiences I have to say that all you ladies are totally inspiring. Thank you all so much for sharing.

Robin

Robin I hope one day you can have a good experience shopping too. Like you reading everyone's experience is somewhat giving me self-esteem to want to go take the next step and get my make up done or dress and take that first step out of my front door. I am so happy that I found this site and can read and talk to others. Thank you everyone.

My best shopping experience was the time I scored three beautiful designer dresses—two Calvin Klein’s and a Ralph Lauren, at Ross Dress For Less on senior discount day.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Finding cute brand new shoes in my size. Even better if on clearance.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I’ve written about this before so I won’t go into a lot of detail, but several years ago and after pm’ing SometimesSteffi, I finally paid a visit to Dress Barn. Bottom line, I was treated very well and the SA was wonderful setting me up with a changing room and helping me find the right dress. The experience could not have been better. I have also had good experiences at several Vanity Fair Outlets remembering some pleasant conversations about pretty nylon slips and camisoles. I’m sure the SAs knew they were for me but they never let on.

Here's a shopping trip I'll remember! LOL... I still buy those Dillard's pants. they are so comfortable. I'm 70 now and feeling good!

Shopping at Sear's on Valentine's Day night 02-18-2012 ----

Valentine's Day afternoon I went down to the lake cabin make the boat cover was still on the boat, move a tv that I had been hauling around in the back of my car for a week down there and generally check on the place since I hadn't been down there since before Thanksgiving. It was all secure.

I headed over to Branson to the VF store but I got there about 6:30 and it was closed.

So I went over to the Tangier outlet mall (can you tell I'm in Branson) to the Jockey Store. I bought eight pair of Jockey for Her pants on sale for 2.99 plus a 14% Valentine's day discount. I got french cuts and extended briefs in every color the store had. The woman asked me if I knew about their 100% satisfaction guarantee....if SHE wasn't satisfied, bring them back for a total refund. I told her that I know what I liked and I am sure these panties will be satisfactory.

But I wasn't done. I headed back to Springfield and stopped by Dillard's in the mall and bought 5 pair of Cabernet full cut brief panties in black, red, white, blue and yellow. I asked the sales clerk if these pants (I used that word) ever went on sale. She told me they are such a good seller at that price and they were comfortable and they sell a lot of them. I told her yes, these pants are so comfortable that I keep coming back for more.

I was wearing a pair of elastic waist Chic blue jeans, an Eddie Bauer plaid shirt and a zip up hoodie. I was underdressed also. I like dressing andryogneous--

I had a 20% coupon off at Penney's and a 25% coupon off at Sears. I went to Sears and picked up a sears brand nylon night gown and a three pack of sears panties, not the VIP panties, the old blue package panties.

At the checkout counter, the girl asked is I got her the right size. I told her I am sure the size is correct. She then asked if I wanted to keep the hanger.

I said, yes.

She asked if I wanted to use my sears card and she looked up to see if I was a member of the Sears Club. I gave her my phone number and She must have seen my purchase history because she said I bet you have 5 of these hanging in your closet in every color (if only she knew!)

I told her we had enough colors and I was actually looking for white and coulted find any white nightgowns in the size I wanted. She commented that the gown I picked out--- just a basic sear's nylon VF knockoff-- would certainly look cute on me... I told her A lot of things look cute on me. In my mind, I said, I have a perfect body. We both laughed.

I could sense another person in line behind me. The clerk kept up with her banter. I was enjoying it, I don't think I was blushing, but it was fun.

She picked up the package of panties and told me she thought I'd look cute in the pink panties, and the blue and beige ones too, they were so cute. I again told her I was looking for white but didn't find any. I had picked up a size 9 package--these run big because I had bought a size 11 before Xmas and they swam on me.

She told me did I have the right size as these run big. I told her I knew that and that there is even a note in the package stating that fact, these panties run big but shrink down in the wash.... I know because I am using that card as a bookmark in the book I am reading... she said she didn't know that.

She asked if I wanted a receipt or an e-receipt.. I opted for teh e-receipt. So, I don't know her name but she did make me smile.

I think she knew who I was buying these for. When my wife got home from work this evening I told her what happened. She wondered how many old men buy panties from Sears.

I reminded her of the time she and I wear at the VF store in Branson and the sales clerk told me, as I was purchasing VF briefs (for me--- when shopping with the wife, while she will pick out styles she thinks I will like, she makes me carry the panties and pay for them, she tells me what to do. She wonders if I want to buy something pretty. I always do.)

Anyhow, several years ago at VF store, at the check out, the checker...a middle aged woman about my age, maybe a little younger, says 'these are very comfortable, lots of men buy them.' I said something like yes, they are comfortable, not agreeing that I wear them or not. Then my wife says oh you now you like to wear them.

Well, they are comfortable I said. The clerk said I thought so. I asked how. She said the sizes. Oh. I was buying big sizes and my wife is about a size 7. Have a nice day and enjoy your purchase she said, I will said I.

I once went to a fancy dress store to get a costume for Halloween. I was looking at male costumes and was getting some help from the female sales assistant. I hinted that I would be willing to consider a female costume. She immediately jumped on that and said that she suspected that was my plan all along and she thought I had never any intentions of getting a male outfit! We settled on a princess outfit and she told me to get over to Victoria's secret for undies!

Three satisfying shopping moments come to mind.come to mind. A cashier at Marshall's gushing about how good I'll look in the red dress I was about to buy. Two women in a lingerie outlet complimenting one on my makeup. (I wish I had done it myself). A discussion with the manager of an Avenue store when , much to my surprise, a pair of shoes in a size smaller than what I normally wear, fit perfectly.

I've had a lot of great experiences shopping, too many to put in one post. Was in shoe show a few years back here in KY and a woman and her teenage daughter approached me and asked me to help them find shoes to wear to a wedding. It made me feel good that I passed well enough for complete strangers to be comfortable with me helping them pick out shoes. There are more people out there that appreciate us than what you think. You just have to present yourself in a natural way like any other GG would as they go about there day. Basically you don't want people thinking freak or wierdo at first glance.

Um, my next one?

I have a number of them.

Probably my favorite (wrote about it in the pictures forum) was my first time out locally. I planned a Sephora makeover (which was absolutely fabulous and is the basis for my makeup routine now) and a shopping trip to Nordstrom. I was scared to ask (beforehand) whether I could come in dressed, but they said yes. I show up after my makeover and find a dressing room with 15 dresses hanging in the room. I ended up with two dresses (including my favorite dress) and two GG friends. When I was in the same store last Thursday (many of the SAs there know me now) I met the store manager and she knew of me, and I told her the story. She was very proud to hear compliments about her team.

A second time was Halloween 2017. I was at Nordstrom trying things on, and was putting on the dress I was going to wear out to dinner with my GG friend who was working (the dress is my avatar). Another customer walks by and says "so cute".

Another was last December at the other Nordstrom in town. I was trying on the off shoulder turquoise dress I wore to dinner in my last post (and I wrote about in Kandi's Land) and a guy nearby says, "you have phenomenal legs, you might as well show them off ".

Silver Member
    The first wig I bought was from my land lady who was a beautician. She picked it out and it worked well. I wore it for a few years when I went out. The second wig I bought was interesting because the owner and her husband were there and they told me I would make a great looking girl and no one would guess other wise. One of the comments she made was that, I had very natural feminine movements. As we talked I admitted that I had grown up wearing girl's clothes.

I think the most fun was when I went to buy a bra at Nordstrom and was taken into the fitting room to try it on only to find that they had not emptied the dressing room of the lingerie from the person before me. The SA asked if I wanted everything removed. I said no I might find something. As luck would have it, it appeared to be perhaps a bride to be. It was full of bustiers and other bridal lingerie. Who ever she was wore the same sizes that I did. The clerk came by and I told her that I was still trying on the bustiers. She asked if I needed help. To the this day I wish I had said yes instead of no.