Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dresses vs. Pants

I am out of the work world, but in the US women wearing dresses certainly has declined. I like wearing dresses and I sometimes think I'm the only one in the mall wearing a dress.

And virtually none wear hose.

However, in Australia I see a lot more women wearing dresses (I spend about two months of the year there). But I never see women wearing hose there.

So my preference is dresses or tops and skirts but I will wear jeans out occasionally.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    Kayla is over-critical to the point of being intolerant of those of us who prefer dresses - on a site called Crossdressers.com! If you want to 'blend in' feel free but do not require the rest of us to do so.
    How about actually reading and comprehending what I wrote? EXACTLY where did I say I was critical if wearing dresses????!!!!

I am calling attention to the fact some people think hose is a requirement for wearing dresses when basically no woman actually wears them anymore.

Also, the reason I pointed out celebs on TV is because apparently some people ignore ALL the woman actually around them. The media (and red carpets) is not all outrageous fashion and the majority is "normal". Of course I see some would rather post a knee jerk snark remark without any thought behind it.

I don't care whether or not someone like hose and insists on wearing them. Wear whatever you please. There is however a real lack of awareness if someone thinks it's a requirement for dresses.

And again Susan, WHERE did I say I was intolerant of people preferring dresses????!!!!!!
    If you are going to call someone out learn reading comprehension first. How did you even come to a conclusion that is so far off the mark that is lands in the realm of the absurd??

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post
    Uggh, tons of CDs have a fetish for hose/stockings and fail to realize that is a fetish. How is it that so many so clearly fail to actually observe what women wear nowadays??? Instead, people will conjure up some outdated image of a woman in their mind to amplfy their fetish and ignore reality. Women hardly ever wear stockings or hose anymore. Even if all the women in your life somehow escaped the modernizing of their wardrobe I am sure you have actually viewed a TV in your life. How many women at red carpet events are bare legged? Um, maybe all???? They spend hours getting ready and have professional stylists. I'm pretty sure they would know how to look "right".

Come on everyone!! Seriously, get a dose of reality. It won't hurt.
    That last bit is addressed to "everyone" and then we are commanded to get a dose of reality. The bit above puts that command in the context of what woman actually wear. I stand by my remarks.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    That last bit is addressed to "everyone" and then we are commanded to get a dose of reality. The bit above puts that command in the context of what woman actually wear. I stand by my remarks.
    And yet you STILL do not say where I am intolerant of those who prefer dresses. My comments are completely about the combination of dresses AND HOSE. You do not address at all what asked. So now you not only can't read my original reply but can't even read my response to you pointing this out.
    Last edited by char GG; 04-21-2019 at 09:14 AM. Reason: bordering on a snarky comment

Banned Read only
    OMG, you'd think there was a serious anti-hosiery faction among us! Unless your legs are perfectly unblemished, hosiery should be an absolute requirement with a dress. And the variety of different colors, shades, deniers, adds to making a fashion statement. Besides the fact that pantyhose feel luxurious!

For my reply, I suggest you refer to my previous answers on a number previous of occasions. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am with doc too, I dress like what I like seeing. I generally like skirts with tees, it also makes it easier to blend. But who doesn't love a summer dress when it is warm out.

HI

First, I'm a stay-in-the-home crossdresser, so I don't have to pick clothing based on what would be appropriate in some public situation. So, when I can dress, I can wear what I feel like, when I feel like it.

That said, I've been finding that at times, when I get home, I prefer to put on a pair of women's stretch/skinny(ish) jeans as opposed to a skirt or dress. It is just as satisfying. I _think_ that the reason is that I still do the full package: panties, bra, pantyhose, top, and so on. Also, women's pants/jeans/... fit and feel different as opposed to those for men, even a man's skinny jean vs a woman's skinny jean. That different feel acts as a feminine reinforcement. So I am still feeling like and dressing/presenting as a woman, and that's what the real goal is.

(As usual, YMMV)
    Fran

Thank you. I feel liberated. I wish I had read this sooner.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    I respectfully disagree with your premise. To me, the simplest thing to do is grab a dress and throw it on. Pick out a pair of shoes and, boom, your done. Much more complicated is to put together a skirt and top combo to suit the occasion. But it's also more fun just exploring the possibilities.

The hassle comes later. A dress rides up more in back when you bend over, so bend at the knees. Keep your knees together when you sit. Don't flash your knickers when you get in and out of the car. Dresses ars less common than they used to be, so more attention will come your way. Etc, etc

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I wear hose with dresses mainly as my legs although generally in decent shape,have blemishes,that and I like wearing them.But had a discussion with my GG friends at work and it was their view that bare legged is the norm these days,unless perhaps it's a dressy ocassion.The exception being fit n flare or tunic style dresses worn with opaque tights.

Mind you why anyone should argue over your preference bemuses me

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 04-28-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I'd wear a dress every damn day if I could, hose and all. Hell, if it wasn't for us, the women's clothing factories would go out of business as real women don't dress like women anymore.

I despise pants, and I'll only EVER wear pants as a man, I'll never wear or consider pants as 'crossdressing'! Wearing women's jeans just means you're dressing like the woman who's dressing like a man...makes as much sense as milk bucket under a bull.

CD from ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Where I am dresses are a rarety! all ages here seem to be in jeans, skinny ones and such like to see a women in a dress is something to ogle over! I don't know what has happened to fashion likes, in my mind a dress of a certain style/colour makes a woman plus here skirts are usually black! methinks pĂȘople round here are in the dark ages!
    I work at a Department Store here in the US of A and I will tell you I feel the same way about this state. You are lucky and I mean really lucky if you see a girl or woman in a dress or a skirt. If they are they have leggings under them. So if a guy wore a skirt where I live it is almost the most talked about thing for the next week or so. Sad country we live in out here in the boonies when we cannot even chime in on this topic.

My mom always wore dresses because she was so overweight and no she wouldn't influence me in the least as to what I wear but I know it would be skirts and dresses and you would have to kill me to take them away "IF" I could.

We have a dress code at work. The heart of it is basically no jeans and t shirts. Also minimums for hem and neck lines.
    I usually wear a nice dress with hose and heels, and occasionally I do nice slacks to. However, knee highs or trouser socks are a must. While hose are not dress code, I have a thing about wearing closed shoes with bear feet. A lot depends on the weather to. With summer just around the corner, I will eventually switch to dressy sandals, at which point the hose will have to go away to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinhose View Post
    I'd wear a dress every damn day if I could, hose and all. Hell, if it wasn't for us, the women's clothing factories would go out of business as real women don't dress like women anymore.

I despise pants, and I'll only EVER wear pants as a man, I'll never wear or consider pants as 'crossdressing'! Wearing women's jeans just means you're dressing like the woman who's dressing like a man...makes as much sense as milk bucket under a bull.
    I'm not sure what is more shocking, your entire comment or the fact that no one has bothered to call it out for what it is in the week+ since it was originally posted.

It seems that in Buffalo, you can relate more to milk buckets and bulls than how real women live their daily lives not giving a hoot what LOVINHOSE thinks of their clothing choices.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I grew up in the northern US where it was really cold for much of the winter. Girls in my school were not allowed to wear pants in school, even if they walked to get there. I still live in the north and the situation has changed much for the better. Essentially, anything goes. Nowadays, even rather revealing leggings are allowed.

If a woman wishes, she may wear a skirt or dress whenever or wherever, limited only by practicality and sense of fashion. Under day-to-day circumstances, clothes selection is dictated by individual standards. I would not wear a classy dress when attending a football game in freezing weather any more than I would select jeans filled with holes to wear to a wedding.

A demonstration of the current state of affairs was brought home to me during a recent trip to an island in the Caribbean. There, I had the opportunity to observe many women going to or from a large grocery store. The clothing the women wore was quite interesting. About 25-30% wore bathing suits under a cover-up. About 30% wore shorts or crop pants. The remainder wore loose fitting dresses. That was, to me, very unexpected. However, I soon realized what a wonderful garment a dress is! Open at the bottom and if not cinched at the waist, a thin fabric dress is lightweight, cool and airy from about the knees to the shoulders. No wonder the dress is so often worn even in warm climates.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I was out and about this week and like the majority of GGs out there I was wearing trousers,in my case bootleg denims and ankle boots,worn with nice top and hooded rain jacket,of course I felt no less feminine than if I was wearing a skirt,Its ludicrous to suggest as Lovinhose does that women are crossdressing in trousers,absolute nonsense

Sophie

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson