Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dresses vs. Pants

Where I am dresses are a rarety! all ages here seem to be in jeans, skinny ones and such like to see a women in a dress is something to ogle over! I don't know what has happened to fashion likes, in my mind a dress of a certain style/colour makes a woman plus here skirts are usually black! methinks pêople round here are in the dark ages!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Where I am dresses are a rarety! all ages here seem to be in jeans, skinny ones and such like to see a women in a dress is something to ogle over! I don't know what has happened to fashion likes, in my mind a dress of a certain style/colour makes a woman plus here skirts are usually black! methinks pêople round here are in the dark ages!

This is an awesome post... but probably not for the intended reason .
    - Lydianne.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nikki , In my rather large collection I have a good number of dresses also,

and when the notion to wear a dress it is a pleasure to go all out to look as feminine and natural.

That is what is so much fun about Crossdressing. >>>Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Nikki,
    I never thought I would wear female jeans or trousers , well I had to bite the bullet because most GGs do , IT'S PRACTICAL !! I have to admit when I get back home I do slip on a skirt because I find it more comfortable and relaxing rather than tight jeans even in softer femme material . Today I've just returned from a shopping trip where I picked up some heeled wedges , I wanted to see the effect so despite the cold rain I slipped on a skirt and stockings with my old wedges . I picked up the order from the sales desk and went to try them on and there was a large hole and a run in my stockings , brand new that morning ! I took it in my stride and as I was paying for my shoes I mentioned to the sales girl that I was heading off to the other end of the store to buy another pack of stockings ! She smiled and slapped her thigh and said why do you think we choose to wear trousers to work ? She loved my wedges !
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-13-2019 at 09:06 AM.

[QUOTE=Teresa;4353269]Nikki,
    I never thought I would wear female jeans or trousers , well I had to bite the bullet because most GGs do , IT'S PRACTICAL !! I have to admit when I get back home I do slip on a skirt because I find it more comfortable and relaxing rather than tight jeans even in softer femme material.

Teresa you hit the nail on the head. As someone who has decided to go full time you can see why sometimes pants or leggings are a part of a lady's wardrobe. I said I'd never wear leggings, but coupled with a short skirt and flats it makes a cute combo (at least in my opinion).

I love dresses, but day to day I wear womens jeans or leggings and love them. They are practical, comfortable and can be worn with many different tops and blouses.

I love dresses, hose, girdle and heels. They are the reason I dress. While I do own some women's leggings, they are the only women's wear that one could consider pants.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Majority of my time is dressed in skirts,but I do love wearing dresses esp on evenings out, in the past I never wore trousers at all but I do more and more these days,can still look really well turned out in trousers,heels and pretty top,blouse etc

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    I hate pants. I have a few pairs of jeans, a pair of capris, and a pair of dressier pants but I rarely wear them. I'm a skirts and dresses girl. If I want to go casual I wear a casual or denim skirt, and in summer, a tank top or camisole or a sweater in winter; casual skirts are quite common around here. More formal, I wear a dress, or a more business-like pencil skirt, nice feminine top and a blazer.

In winter or cool I wear pantyhose. Otherwise it's bare legs. My legs are in pretty good shape from tons of cycling. Muscular but I've seen lots of female cyclists with similar legs.

I'm okay with pants, leggings or dresses. What ever seems appropriate at the time.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

When I'm at home, which is mostly, it's dresses or skirts, mostly casual; when I'm out or working on something its women's pants or jeans. Dresses or skirts are so much more comfortable' pants are kind of like armor and will stand rougher use, but I'm happy to get out of them and into a skirt.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Dresses are so alive and well. Just make a trip out to White house/Black market, Chicos, New York & Co, dress barn. You will see more nice dresses than you can count. GG's are wearing them and 95% wear them without hose. GG's know how to look and feel great with bare legs. Look around in the summer, the only ones wearing hose are grannies and trannies.

Jodi

I wear mostly gg jeans.
    I wear them 99% of the time whatever mode I am in.
    I love just having a feminine body (hips, waist and bust) so it does not matter what I wear.
    I do not like drawing to much attention I want to just feel feminine and comfortable in what I am wearing.
    A nice pair of high waist gg jeans can still be feminine.
    I do wear dresses but there needs to be a event or a reason to shave my legs(LOL).
    Prene

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Let's face it, dresses are a hassle. To look right you need hose, and the other accessories.
    Uggh, tons of CDs have a fetish for hose/stockings and fail to realize that is a fetish. How is it that so many so clearly fail to actually observe what women wear nowadays??? Instead, people will conjure up some outdated image of a woman in their mind to amplfy their fetish and ignore reality. Women hardly ever wear stockings or hose anymore. Even if all the women in your life somehow escaped the modernizing of their wardrobe I am sure you have actually viewed a TV in your life. How many women at red carpet events are bare legged? Um, maybe all???? They spend hours getting ready and have professional stylists. I'm pretty sure they would know how to look "right".

Come on everyone!! Seriously, get a dose of reality. It won't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post
    Uggh, tons of CDs have a fetish for hose/stockings and fail to realize that is a fetish. How is it that so many so clearly fail to actually observe what women wear nowadays??? Instead, people will conjure up some outdated image of a woman in their mind to amplfy their fetish and ignore reality. Women hardly ever wear stockings or hose anymore. Even if all the women in your life somehow escaped the modernizing of their wardrobe I am sure you have actually viewed a TV in your life. How many women at red carpet events are bare legged? Um, maybe all???? They spend hours getting ready and have professional stylists. I'm pretty sure they would know how to look "right".

Saying "get a dose of reality" right after you mention red carpet and TV was priceless. Lol.
    But seriously, I wear tights in the winter/autumn for warmth. I also hate how socks constrict my ankles and cause circulation issues. Less fetish, more practical.

Pants are worn daily to work. Either women's jeans or slacks. Love 'em with a nice blouse.
    But my heart will always be with dresses.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Banned Read only
    I wear pantyhose, regardless of whether wearing a dress or pants. It's part of the whole feminine experience. And maybe it is part fetish for me. But one could argue, why wear panties either? After all, nobody can see them. But I would guess that for most of us, wearing panties is also part of the feminine experience. And where is the line between fetish and feminine experience? I would argue that it's pretty blurred.

Banned Read only
    Happygirl, my mother wore pantyhose every day regardless of wearing slacks, jeans, or a dress, and she always wore panties under her pantyhose.

So, no you haven't crossed the fetish line with that one.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-19-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla_bayarea View Post

Everyone is entitled to their preferences. Women don't have to like hose, and likewise some of us can like them. (And I wouldn't consider celebrities to be "reality" in any sense.)

People at work don't know I'm wearing Lee Boot cut jeans 12 Short, lacy supportive underwear, and Clark's sized 10. I'm dressed female from the waist down. And if anybody asks, I tell the truth. They just fit better. Then I joke to a woman, "I don't see YOU wearing men's jeans."

Aspiring Member
    Kayla is over-critical to the point of being intolerant of those of us who prefer dresses - on a site called Crossdressers.com! If you want to 'blend in' feel free but do not require the rest of us to do so. When I go out in a dress (usually with sheer tights and (yes!) a SLIP!) I am acting and I am in costume. I do it for fun. It is not real because I am a man. I prefer to wear these clothes and I can so I do. Some of us are in it for the clothes - live with it. As it does nothing for me in 'that' department it is not a fetish. Where some of us live there are lots of women who like to wear similar clothes. I go to upmarket boutiques and hotels when I go out and their female customers are often in dresses and sheer tights too - less so in the supermarket but I am not alone. In any case I do not dress to blend in - I dress to be elegant and if that stands out I am fine with that. Perhaps the critics of those of us who like dresses and skirts should live with it. We are going to carry on wearing dresses and skirts.

Pants are a hassle because it requires tucking. One can go without hose with a dress but that pretty much means the legs should be tanned on way or another. Not to mention shaving them!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Here's a dose of reality, we are all men here arguing over femininity.
    Some people need to keep things in perspective

They do make summer-weight hosiery. I have 6 and 8 den stockings that keep my legs looking nice without getting hot. I do also have to admit to being flummoxed by the whole “what other women wear” argument. You’ve already broken a bunch of “rules” just by stepping out the door, what’s a couple more? If you're not wearing what you actually want to when you go out then you are just cheating yourself - you only live once!

I'm laughing in that this has broken down to the level of wearing hose or not. I started this post just to give my thoughts of dresses or skirts vs pants. I wear pants in male mode so if I'm going to dress up, I'd prefer not to be in pants although there may be times when I do. I do wear hose to give some color to and cover up the bruises on my pale and battered legs. If you have tanned and blemish free legs then go bare. Do what you're comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    Here's a dose of reality, we are all men here arguing over femininity.
    Some people need to keep things in perspective
    Here's a dose of reality. Some here are trans. Some here are non-binary. We don't all share the same gender.
    Wear what feels comfortable to you.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.