Thread: Enhance my experience

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

Enhance our experience

My friend and I are making our annual pilgrimage to Sparkle TG Weekend this July,just the 2 of us this time sadly
    So we are looking for new experiences to enhance our trip,we spend way too much time with a drink in our hands.We want in a sense also to push the envelope,last year we went wig shopping and had our nails done,we also ventured further from the canal street/gay village hub to dine out and of course indulge in a little retail therapy.Would be interested to hear if anyone has any ideas what else we could experience that a couple of Ladies would do in town.

PS Kylie is performing the first evening were down,a little too ambitious?

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I would look at the Sparkle website for ideas.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We've pretty much done everything we can at Sparkle Beverly, we're thinking away from the village, we've been thinking perhaps a theatre trip

Sophie

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Perhaps a sight seeing tour?

Sophie,

A variation on the retail therapy could be to go, if you already haven't, to the Trafford Centre. It's a fair old size and all undercover. There's a regular bus direct from the town centre and any taxi driver will know the way.

If you want to go further afield then I would recommend a train journey to Chester. A return fare should be about £15. Chester is a lovely old walled town with loads of half timbered building. I've been a few times enfemme and never had any issues there. If you really wanted to push it a little further, from outside Chester train station you can catch a bus to Cheshire Oaks outlet park. Takes about 30mins if memory serves. It boasts the biggest M&S in the country but also their bargain basement store, selling off old stock store as well. Many a bargain to be found. If you set off from Manchester say at 09:30 you can be at Cheshire Oaks by 11:30. Shop, grab a bite to eat, back on the bus to spend a few hours in Chester before catching a train back to Manchester. I've done similar but traveling from North wales which is a slightly longer journey.

Edit; Last time I went to Cheshire Oaks I picked up a gorgeous red handbag from Clarks for £12 as well as 3 skirts from M&S that together cost less than £30 if memory serves. Oh and seek out the Cadbury rejects shop. Bags of seconds an very tempting as well as fattening prices.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 04-12-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would just go into the main City and have fun. Lots of lovely shops and places to eat and drink. If you look passable no one will care. I never think twice about going out dressed in the North of England. Enjoy!

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire girl View Post
    I would just go into the main City and have fun. Lots of lovely shops and places to eat and drink. If you look passable no one will care. I never think twice about going out dressed in the North of England. Enjoy!
    While I wouldnt consider myself passable,Last year saw us out and about in the City centre for shopping and dining out,and it was a great experience,even enjoyed a walk around the city centre on my own without any concern
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Sophie,

A variation on the retail therapy could be to go, if you already haven't, to the Trafford Centre. It's a fair old size and all undercover. There's a regular bus direct from the town centre and any taxi driver will know the way.

If you want to go further afield then I would recommend a train journey to Chester. A return fare should be about £15. Chester is a lovely old walled town with loads of half timbered building. I've been a few times enfemme and never had any issues there. If you really wanted to push it a little further, from outside Chester train station you can catch a bus to Cheshire Oaks outlet park.
    Helen,We did consider the Trafford Centre,but werent sure if it was too ambitious,you've certainly gave us food for thought we both certainly would enjoy the experience

We just want to enjoy things that we haven't done in the Last cpl years,Sparkle has become one of the highlights of our year

Sophie

Sophie,

As Cheshire girl says the city centre is a good place to go. One thing I would say is Manchester is known for it raining so having somewhere indoors could be a better bet should it tip down. I wouldn't worry about acceptance while in Manchester, it has a reputation as a tolerant city.

Setting aside the actual venue as a way of adding to your experience, if you've never used public transport then I would suggest it as a way of putting a tick in a box.

Being in such close proximity to the muggles and then living to tell the tale does wonders for your confidence. Traveling by bus(and train) I've ended up chatting to complete strangers like it was the most normal thing in the world for them. Dress to blend, you'll be fine.

Helen,This will be my 3rd visit to Sparkle, last year we were so lucky, think we got the week of sunshine that year lol, less said about my first year and the pouring rain and broken brolly story though the better.

Have limited experience on public transport bar a cpl times leaving from home,so it's definitely a box to be ticked

Sophie