Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing dress up

Playing dress up

Does anyone ever connect to “play dress up”. We are a large community here and I’d think there are others like myself who’d like to have another like minded to dress with and share tips, like real women do.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't think I'd find much enjoyment playing dress up with another CD, now playing dress up with a woman, that's another thing. In fact i don't get the whole hanging out with group of CD's thing I'd rather fly solo. JMHO

Tbh, most “real women” I know don’t “play dress up” together. FYI, they don’t have slumber party pillow fights either.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dressing is not a game to me so no.
    Another point where being trans is different than being a CD.
    It sounds like a case of a man thinking that all women do something like dress up so they feel they have to do it as a CD to be more like a woman.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-14-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I agree with Traci here. I don’t play dress it’s just what I wear to be me

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    And yet I have played dress up with several "real women", no pillow fights but...

Tracii, this is the section for male to female "crossdressers" so it might be assumed that the people here are into playing dress up as a "CD" thing to do and we all know that trans is different. I would never go to the trans section and give my opinion because I don't have that mind set. JMHO
    Last edited by Majella St Gerard; 04-14-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Hey Lindsey, I'm sure there are, this is a big site with a diverse range of interests. It wouldn't be my thing, but whatever floats your boat

Majella - no pillow fights? Dammit another illusion ruined LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    now playing dress up with a woman, that's another thing
    I can't help but think that cross-dressing is such a quintessentially male thing to do, I don't know why so many women have a problem with it.

If you’re talking dressing up at home with a friend, then no. I’ve had people invite me to do so, but not my thing. However, going out with CD friends is kinda similar. Often we will share a hotel room for changing. So, as it gets close to the time we need to leave, to make our dinner reservations, there is a flurry of femininity as each of us puts on the final touches of our outfit and usually ask each other for advice. It’s much less so, when we get back to the room to deconstruct and make our way home.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Quote Originally Posted by MiniRock View Post
    I can't help but think that cross-dressing is such a quintessentially male thing to do, I don't know why so many women have a problem with it.
    Ummm... what???? How is being a woman “quintessentially male”?

Aspiring Member
    I did that as a child with a neighbor boy. We'd both try to dress as feminine as possible. Then our fathers found out and it was stopped. I lost contact with that neighbor boy for many years. Years later I found out that he died of AIDS. Sad.

Nowadays whenever I think of playing dress-up its always with my wife.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    And yet I have played dress up with several "real women", no pillow fights but...

Tracii, this is the section for male to female "crossdressers" so it might be assumed that the people here are into playing dress up as a "CD" thing to do and we all know that trans is different. I would never go to the trans section and give my opinion because I don't have that mind set. JMHO
    I'm so sorry for barging in where I don't belong.
    Gee just give an observation and get lambasted for it.

I've never "played dress-up" as an adult, but it sure would be nice to have a helper sometimes, to hook my bra straps, tighten my corsets and zip up my dresses. Unfortunately, I always have to do these things on my own, sometimes with a little help from improvised MacGyver-like tools.

- Diane

While it is not “playing dress up”, I enjoy dressing more when my wife is involved. I value her input on everything from makeup to clothing selection. And, she is brutally honest with what works and what doesn’t. She is slowly bringing my fashion sense in line to where I don’t look like a “frumpy old woman” as she puts it.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Ummm... what???? How is being a woman “quintessentially male”?
    You missed the whole point of MiniRock's post. What she is saying is that the whole concept/term of "crossdressing" is invariably applied only to men who indulge in the practice of dressing in the clothing of the opposite sex as defined by the existing societal and binary gender-based norms and expectations still prevalent in the western world.

Women have far more latitude in what they can wear without raising any eyebrows. They also manage to fly under the "crossdresser" radar (unless they are "drag kings" in the truest sense of the word) by wearing male-inspired a.k.a. "menswear" style clothing rather than the original versions of those same items as worn by men. Of course, some women do the latter as well for alleged comfort or practicality purposes or else to demonstrate an "edgy" fashion sense, but even at that, there is no stigma attached to a female doing so.

As for her related question as to why women get so upset over men indulging in this crossdressing activity when it is only they who do it...well, there are all kinds of psycho-sexual and gender-based expectations attached to this aversion that trigger it, not to mention the forced socialization from birth that both males and females are subjected to in order to conform to the "acceptable" binary mold. But you already know that, and if it weren't for the stigma attached to men crossdressing, there wouldn't be a need for forums such as this where "weirdos" like us come for solace, validation, and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I've never "played dress-up" as an adult, but it sure would be nice to have a helper sometimes, to hook my bra straps, tighten my corsets and zip up my dresses. Unfortunately, I always have to do these things on my own, sometimes with a little help from improvised MacGyver-like tools.

- Diane
    This is all I was talking about!

Banned Spammer
    When you ask a question be ready for all kinds of answers LOL

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    I do that ALL the time. I like to experiment with different looks and different characters, the more radically different the better. And then I take photographs with different lighting effects and poses (Photo shop would be "Cheating") I get effects ranging from 1920's silent movie stars, 1940-50s blondes, witches, and many different other looks. I hope to think, I don't even look like the same person.-----which is the FUN of it. Its what I do because I do not go out---save for the occasional Halloween party or Costume contest (Like at church) A real good tip is to photograph using HD Video rather than still photos, all kinds of odd poses and pictures show up when you freeze frame, that you can make stills from and never duplicate any other way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real women share tips, talk about clothes together however unlike real women most of us never go shopping with others. So in my past I have met others, crossdressers transgener whatever everyone wants to call themselves or others that are genetic man who love to put on women’s clothes for whatever reason, to dress with. I’m not here to debate any of that it was never written!

Simply, we don’t typically get Togo shopping together so instead I’ve had great experiences....here come the air quote...”playing dress up” with other like minded,enjoyers of the same pleasure of dressing in women’s clothes. Just seeing if any of the thousands of other members here have done the same. It’s a nice experience, I highly recommend it.

Banned Spammer
    I have done it with actual women a few times ( the dress up thing) and it seemed like a fun thing but I didn't get excited like I was one of the girls.
    They were women and I was just the gay guy wearing womens clothes we both acted like ourselves, gender wasn't part of the equation.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My wife and i often share Tina time, but it is always AFTER the transformation. I, for one, don't particularly feel comfortable "in between" genders and don't particularly like that transformation ritual interrupted. Once transformed, Tina is very happy to share ideas with her girlfriend ("his" wife) and we have a really terrific time, and that can include changing outfits, makeup, etc.

I'm sure we all have a spectrum of feelings about the transformation process, and for those who are less binary about their gender presentations, I can see where one could have fun sharing in that transformation process.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Yes, I have and still do. It helps when my partner Vanessa is a cd as well. However, the more fun is having a planned event to go to (like many of the outings that I have shared on this forum) and my buddy Mutt comes by earlier to get dressed up in our vintage themed outfits. Actually shopping with Mutt in preparation is even better!
    Oh I should include Vanessa’s mom as several times she raids my closet and I have to dress her up to suit the event we are going to
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 04-14-2019 at 05:11 PM.

I only play dress up by myself, my wife has no interest in playing. And I have no interest dressing up with other CD, but I love going to my GNO to hang out with them dressed up.

Yes that can be a real hole in your life, not being able to share the experience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lindsey, I belong to a meetup group that meets about every six weeks in Northern Virginia. The next meetup is May 4th if you are interested give me a PM and I'll send you the link. So yes, I like to meet other and talk.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".