Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to be or not be a cd

Silver Member
    No.

If I were wishing on a star, then I would rather the universe revolve about me, and everyone else in the word embrace my crossdressing.

So there!

Oh and I hope Micki is opening a dispensary! Much earlier!
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 04-15-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post

If I were wishing on a star, then I would rather the universe revolve about me, and everyone else in the word embrace my crossdressing.
    Meghan, I like your alternative wish.

new kid in town

Interesting thread as I am new to all of this, just wrote my intro today. I am at a crossroads with this very idea. Should I dress or not. Will it satisfy me or bring me problems? I hope more people reply.
    thanks

While it was somewhat stressful in my younger years, I would miss this side of my personality. It's impossible for me to say how my life would have turned out without it being a part of me. I believe it has improved my sensitivity and creativity.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I would change how i looked at it and how i treated it. I would keep it but i would have shared it with my Wife a lot sooner, like before we got married. I would have embraced it more instead of hiding it and being ashamed of it. I would most likely still stay in my house cuz as my old man has said, "i have ugly on both sides of my family" =)

If I could change any one thing about myself it would be my aggressive driving habits. I'm at a good place with my crossdressing and trans nature other than not getting enough opportunities to fully dress. Dressing makes me happy and my wife and I are working things out in a way that seems to be working for both of us.

Aspiring Member
    If I was never, ever, a CDer then I would prefer to remain that way. I wouldn't know what I was missing and my life would simpler. I would think that I would not have had a low self-esteem during my adolescence. I would have been more confident about forming romantic relationships, etc.

If I was a CDer and there was a pill to permanently cure me, then I believe that my wife would strongly encourage me to take the pill. Crossdressing really hasn't ruined my life, but it made it more complicated. I remained in the closet to have the respect of my family. I feared the disapproval of my parents. I remained in the closet to protect my children. Also crossdressing has been expensive.

However, my favorite option is always to remain a crossdresser in a world where there is nothing to fear. I wish I could openly crossdress without fear. I wish my loved ones would not only approve of my crossdressing but encourage it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charleene View Post
    new kid in town

Interesting thread as I am new to all of this, just wrote my intro today. I am at a crossroads with this very idea. Should I dress or not. Will it satisfy me or bring me problems? I hope more people reply.
    thanks
    Thats entirely up to you and only you.
    Might as well give it a try have fun and experience life.
    To not try will always leave you doubting yourself.
    If you are the type that never sets goals and always under achieves you will never know.

Yes I would, but if that pill exists then surely we also have the transform into a women pill for a day, I will use that a few times first. But then would the first pill remove the memories from the second pill making it pointless. Maybe instead slip my wife the "I want my husband to crossdress pill"

Shortly followed by win the lottery pill :-)

Sorry this just got silly now, where is the delete post pill............

To follow up in Helen’s excellent idea of having started earlier, I wish I had known this about myself earlier, like maybe the first day of college would have been a good time to start, instead of after I was married, had 3 kids and an established career.
    On the plus side of becoming a closet CD’r, I’ve learned to appreciate much more about the diversity of sexuality and to drop judgments.

If I have to choose as a male I would choose not to be this way. If I had a choice I would choose to have the body that matched my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_mtf View Post
    Maybe instead slip my wife the "I want my husband to crossdress pill"
    This works for me, makes everything else a moot point.
    Crissy

To be CD for me. My life is great.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Of course be a CD. Why let just women enjoy all those wonderful female clothes.

I can truly say that being born without that inclination may seem inviting. But then I probably wouldn't have shed the people in life that were mentality destructive to me for more reasons than just being a CD! In the end being with a person that is supportive. So I'll pass on that pill. Now if got one for a passable body let me know. LOL

Life would be simpler and I would have saved a lot of time and money. However you are what you are. Self acceptance is so important and it’s better for me to enjoy the good side. I can’t imagine not having my collection of clothes and other female things. Not going out on a lovely day in a carefully chosen outfit. Best just to be yourself and enjoy it if your circumstances allow.

I think I’d take the pill.......but from time to time, I’d want to take the antidote and just get dressed up.

Like everything, CD'ing comes with its pros and cons. There are a lot of the downsides the others have mentioned. But I feel it has also brought some good things in how I view and treat others. It is part of what makes me who I am.

If there was one part of my life that I could magically change, CD'ing wouldn't be it.

Jaclyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Thats entirely up to you and only you.
    Might as well give it a try have fun and experience life.
    To not try will always leave you doubting yourself.
    If you are the type that never sets goals and always under achieves you will never know.
    I do try to experience all I can. Keeps me going all day, which I like. My biggest concern is how my actions will affect others close to me, should I reveal or be discovered. I do not live my life cautiously when my actions only affect me but tread lightly when my action affect people close to me. I think this may affect others. I shall continue to investigate my feelings for this new endeavor.

Shame + guilt = lower self esteem, and not feeling normal have all contributed to my shyness. I know I've missed out on life.” Okay, that’s you. Then, I ask myself:

1. Do I have Shame + guilt = lower self esteem? ANS: I sort of thrive on shame. And I like my low self esteem. I think my whole family did. Especially my father. I love being around people who feel they are low on life’s totem pole. The older I get, the more I like it. My family did not blend in with our neighborhood and we never wanted to be ... bus driver normal. Sorry if someone is a bus driver but if anyone in my family drove a bus for a living, it would be wrecked in a week.

2. Has not feeling normal ... contributed to my shyness? ANS: For me, breaking my front tooth ice skating and having a dentist make me wear a silver front tooth from 7 to age 16 made me shy. My normal should have been with men, not women. I’d would have been happier but I’d also be dead by now. I did not need more normal and sought not to be.

3. Did I miss out on life? ANS: I live in the Caribbean and don”t have to work. If that is not a great ending for a guy from a midwest city, I do not know what is. My greatest pleasure is the thought of having a perfectly disgusting 5 hours with 5 perfectly disgusting CDs in a perfectly delectable island motel. What could I have done to make it better? Be normal? That just does not compute ... for me.

Take a holiday. Don’t be normal. Time’s a wastin’.
    My best, YLBR ... Your Little Robbin the Bobbin ... like a sewing machine.

“Come on up and see me sometime”. Mae West.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 04-16-2019 at 03:56 PM.

I would not change anything. I like my life the way it is.

Hindsight being 20/20? I would have recognized, accepted and embraced my femininity at a much younger age and lived my life accordingly rather than to the dictates and expectations of society. I certainly would have not have gotten married and had children until I was much older, settled and having obtained a measure of financial security and stability.

A child of the Sixties, there simply wasn't any visible and reliable source of information.

I actually believed that I was the only male in all of the world that had a desire to experience and express feminity.

Give it up,? No, I would have accepted it and embraced it, rather than attempting to live what our society and culture dictates as bring "Normal"

Life is tough enough; why add more problems? It's hard enough to find a mate. Why make it more difficult? Unless you're insane, of course, I cannot imagine anyone choosing this life. There are a lot of contributing factors to what made me a crossdresser, along with all the transgender confusion that came along with it. So I would certainly have been a happier person had I not had to deal with any of it. No one benefits from being molested. No one benefits from having one manipulative, lying parent, and the other absent most of the time to escape dealing with her; no one benefits from having a perpetually angry older sibling who wishes you never existed, who beats and torments you as a routine. No one benefits from having a facial deformity. No kid benefits from having few or no other children to play with when growing up. No one benefits from being bullied throughout their school years. No, I'm pretty sure I could have had a much better life without all of that.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

To be or not to be. That is the question.

Dunno. The only thing about dressing I don’t care for is the strain on the wallet...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!