Thread: Dilemma over haircut solved .

Banned Read only

Dilemma over haircut solved .

I'm finding it harder to go back to male mode in my new home town . I've dealt with most aspects but getting my hair cut to me was a tricky one . The last couple of times I booked my appointment in drab but just wasn't happy , at the end of my last appontment I asked if she minded me booking as Teresa and just slip my wig off while she trimmed the silver grey layer underneath . I have to say this time I did feel more comfortable wearing full makeup with a blouse and black boot cut trousers with heeled boots but no wig than I did sitting there in drab . She only books appointments so there's not usually anyone sitting waiting , truthfully I don't think it would have bothered me , To me it's the best compromise .

The stylist is from Lithuania , her English isn't perfect but the fact I was dressed made her far more chatty about the whole TG situation , so I'm glad I made this choice .

It may appear trivial to some but I'm determined to stop the chopping and changing as much as I can , I truthfully don't feel comfortable , it's down to a few hours every two weeks now .

Banned Read only
    I solved all of my haircut dilemmas the day I decided to stop getting my haircut.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-17-2019 at 11:52 AM.

I 've gone a year since my last one.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 04-18-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Banned Read only
    Roberta/Marion,
    May never be an option for me that's why I have this problem to solve .

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    just shave your head, makes wearing a wig easier.
    if you are full time then why return to man mode?
    if the family knows and just does not approve I'd would not change my ways to ease their fragile senses, but that is just my opinion and I don't live in your situation.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I solved all of my haircut dilemmas the day I decided to stop getting my haircut.
    Same here
    I just cut my straight cut bangs occasionally by myself.

BTW, I just tie it back when in male mode. it's way past my shoulders.

That's excellent news Teresa, it's not trivial at all. I really think the chopping and changing is bad for your soul so it's good to start narrowing it down to situations where you feel you really *have to* as opposed to just it would make things easier. I do hear you though... I have to admit I am slightly uncomfortable at the barbers these days with my NB appearance, but it has to be done and I'm not dialing it down for anyone.

Majella is not wrong either I have a #1 buzz cut all over these days and it is very handy with the wig...

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Teresa since I began to let my hair grow it made it much easier to just go and get it cut in girl mode.
    I go to a salon school and they are most accommodating for me. Always using proper pronouns and such.
    This past week even went to get a back wax. I never saw myself getting my own hair cut en fem and now it’s the norm
    Wish you well and glad you found your solution

Teresa, That’s not trivial at all but just another nice step forward for you. You are living the dream of many here!
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Eemz,
    It's the best compromise for me , I must admit I didn't feel as uncomfortable as I thought doing the transformation in front of her , it was a very similar feeling to visiting a wig shop . It may sound vain but even the few hours I have to do drab I still prefer to have hair rather than a total crop, it is frustrating that it just won't grow all over but wearing a wig does have it's benifits . The hairdresser did mention having another TG customer who has the hair cut in a femme style but she struggles with styling it as it very coarse which is a problem with some male hair, she was very interested in hearing the effects of hormones as she hadn't had that conversation before .

I know this was hard for you since you aren't a fan of a mixed presentation but it sounds like the best option.

Full time will eventually take over, you can't go on living a lie forever. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have a hair trimmer and I use the No. 4 "blade" to trim my own hair. I haven't been to a barber in years.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 04-18-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've also started trimming my hair to a four. Perfect manly shadow and I've received compliments from unexpected sources. Wigs fit divinely.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I completely understand.

You should not have to now. You are now Teresa.

It's best to be in girl mode full time, not back and forth. Basically it is easier for people to understand and accept, when they believe this is you, full time.

I find it is also better to meet people for the first time in girl mode.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Is it too late to change your name to, Chatty Cathy?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!