Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just told my wife

I just told my wife

I finally broke down and told my wife tonight, that I had a feminine side. Surprisingly she was VERY supportive. She knew I wore pantyhose and polished my nails, and have even bought both for me..... but nothing more than that. Tonight, after I told her I felt feminine at times, she asked me if I wanted to dress and act as a woman..... I told her yes. Although that surprised her a bit, she told me not to worry or stress about her feeling different because she actually felt closer to me with me being able to confide in her. She asked if I thought I may be a bit transgendered and I said yes, I thought so. We spent over an hour discussing this, and amidst my tears, she assured me that the only thing that it did, was strengthen our relationship because I could tell her that. She also said that no matter where this journey takes me, she’s very supportive and proud to be my wife. She also said she appreciated the fact that I didn’t keep it a secret any longer and we could ease my journey going wherever this made lead me, as a couple. I think I have a keeper...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats good and I am happy for you.
    Now just don't blow it all by going too far too fast. Thats a good way to maker her change her mind in a hurry.

Thank you. Very good advice.

I echo TraciiG, take it slow and let your good lady take her own good time to compute wwhat you have told her, don't pussh for things to happen too fast.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Spammer
    For example:
    Don't incessantly talk about dressing up or girl type subjects. She wants her man most of the time.
    Its not all about you so remember you are a team /couple.

Good luck to the both of you! Don't forget that she needs your support as much as you need hers. Maybe even more.

Go slow and best wishes to both on this journey called life! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Congrats on a huge step forward and like others have said just go slow. Never take some level of acceptance as a given to go much further. That can hopefully happen but your wonderful wife needs time for this to sink in.
    Crissy

You have one awesome lady there hun.
    Angie

Gold Member
    Congratulations, You did the big jump. I am glad your wife accepted you and your Fem side.
    My wife was also accepting my dressing. She even bought things for me.
    Please go slow, let her dress you up. Ask for ideas on what to wear with what.
    Good luck to both of you.
    Rader

Congrats, happy for you.

Banned Spammer
    Acceptance and understanding is not a green light to go hog wild and start ordering a bunch of womens clothes online LOL
    You would not believe the number of times I have seen that happen on websites.

Banned Read only
    You are one of the lucky ones, I am too and I am just going to say listen to what everyone else has said and enjoy the journey.

way to go, now don't change what you have been doing and see how it goes

For me it sounds great.
    I told my wife 3 years ago I'm bisexual, now in HRT one year I realized I'm not, but we're doing ok, slowly, be open in your feelings and let her be open too, as Traci well said, she wants her husband and mat be doesn't know what transition really means if neither you know. Transition is a very personal journey and different for everybody so give yourself time and of course for her too.
    Being trasgender is not about dress, believe me, that moves to a third or fourth position when you transition...
    I recommend you get gender therapy, not family therapy, individual and as couple.
    Best wishes for both.

Debbie
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Banned Spammer
    Vanessa makes some great points.
    Sounds like you don't really understand what you are feeling just yet so therapy is a good idea.
    A bit transgender? How do you figure that exactly? would that be like being sort of gay for example.Perhaps you don't know what being transgender is at this point so do some in depth research on the subject.
    Just because you like to wear womens clothes does not mean you are transgender.
    Its pretty common to have more female feeling about things and a lot of CDers do have those but it does not make them transgender.
    What I am trying to say is there is way more to the whole thing than you realize and it will take time for you to figure that out thru research and your own life experiences from this point forward.

I would like to see this pan out in your favour, you are lucky to have an understanding wife and I would do as she may suggest if you do go further.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for all the support. She told me that my ability to tell her, meant that I trusted and loved her, and that actually made her feel more in love with me than ever before. I’m going to let things settle down for a couple of months so she realizes nothing will really change on this end.

Sounds like you have a good plan, we wish you luck!
    Crissy

That is great news, but I agree with Traci and others that slower is better, and also remember that her feelings could change over time as you move forward.
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

That's awesome news, thanks for sharing! I think you had a very good indication that she might be supportive because she already knew about you wearing pantyhose and nail polish--especially since she had actually bought those for you. So you were already out to her to a point. That's probably why she has expressed being glad you came out all the way.

Yeah, you definitely have a keeper. Thanks again for sharing. Please keep us posted if you would like.
    Last edited by Leelou; 04-18-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Awesome news! Very happy to hear your spouse is supportive. Just take it slow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stilleto gurl , Ok now the ball is in her court, Just don't overwhelm her now. >Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's great,

I told my wife about my CD-ing after 37 years and things were tuff for over a year.
    We don't talk about "Do I still dress" at all and things seem great but, I hate having this secret that I dress every week!
    I try to justify my secret dressing with the fact that we know quite a few friends that cheated durning they're marriage and as far as I know Crossing-Dressing isn't cheating!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

She knew you wore pantyhose, nail polish.. you had to tell her you had a femm. side? Would think no surprise there!!