Thread: Back from the dead?

Back from the dead?

Well, to paraphrase, reports of their death has been greatly exaggerated. I do of course refer to the demise, or not, of dresses.

Well here in the UK it's wall to wall sunshine, "The UK is set for record-breaking temperatures over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend", forecasters have said and while driving around this morning their was no shortage of dresses being worn. True there were a few still in leggings, obviously folks who feel the cold, but legs out certainly seems the order of the day.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Helen

I can report the same here in the north east US.
    This past week we’ve had a few sunny and mild days ... at times up to 1/2 of the women were in dresses or skirts. And a couple of days were wet and cold ... not a skirt in sight.
    Definitely a weather thing
    And definitely wearing a skirt or dress is often by choice, whereas in the old days it was pretty much mandatory. Sort of like men wearing a suit & tie to work -

Fran

The sun is out and dresses are back here too this weekend. I've been paying attention all week because I planned to go a gig in town last night (I did, got hit on by guys, different story). In the end I went summery with the top from my avatar picture, but skinny jeans & ankle boots. Looking around there were definitely a lot more dresses about than usual. Yay summer.
    Last edited by Eemz; 04-20-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Not around here. Occasionally, one might see a skirt, but it seems like the modes are still tight jeans and yoga pants. Maybe when it warms up a little? Time will tell.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Still cool in my part of middle America 57 degrees and rainy at the moment.

Banned Read only
    Helen ,
    Any chance they were all Cders ?

It's so good to start wearing nice Tshirts and skirts and a short sun dress in the garden . I have a feeling trends could be changing , there are only so many things designers can do to a pair of jeans but skirts and dresses are limitless .

Banned Read only
    In my neck of the woods it's not going to break 60 F for the next week. It may not be warm enough for the dresses to make an appearance, but, it is sure making my grass grow. My wife broke out her dresses yesterday because she just had abdominal surgery. She really looks nice in a dress although I know she feels like crap.

Yes, it’s 24°C in Hertfordshire where my brother lives. 14°C/57°F here. I hate him a lot right now, lol. However, the sun is shining here too but I can pretty much guarantee mine will be the only dress today (nothing says spring like a button front floral midi length dress with a tie back)

As the weather heats up I do see more dresses and skirts. Thanks for the nice weather.

Banned Read only
    Stories of dress's death are greatly exaggerated.

The death of the dress is fake news, that much I can tell ya.

Silver Member
    I was scanning the web for a nice black slip. Almost every time I clicked on one I liked and my size, "Sold Out". Slips don't go well with leggins.

A change of weather and a change of fashion.

I saw some girls in short shorts and very attractive legs protruding out of them.

I had forgotten, maybe it was a long winter. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Always nice to get the shorter dresses, light outfits on but the Downside to a sweltering hot easter,here in Scotland anyway is "Taps aff" translated lots of fat sweaty bellys on show

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I love spring, it seems to bring out the more feminine side of women, at least first.