Thread: Vote for me !!

Banned Read only

Vote for me !!

I'm still smiling from this little incident earlier today .

I had a piece of dark wood furniture I'd decided to give a paint makeover on , I had dressed that morning as usual and put on my makeup and wig . I wanted to give the item another coat of paint but didn't feel like changing , at the time I was wearing a short black sun dress with white spots , bare legs and wedges . The easiest choice was slip a very old pair of male working trousers on with an old pair of trainers I keep for decorating . I was happily painting away in my garage with the door up when a voice behind asked if he could rely on my vote ? It was the conservative party candidate , without me having chance to answer a second one appeared , so they started to ask if I had any issues I'd like to raise with them ? Without hesitation I asked if they were happy with the TG vote , they looked at each other as they obviously hadn't been asked this before and started to nod to each other without looking at me saying no we don't have a problem !!

I'm actually glad they did call as I'm registered to vote in my male name so I needed to know if I had to vote in male mode , according to them apparently not .

I checked in the mirror after as to what I looked like , well it wasn't too bad but again this was a first for me meeting my Conservative Party candidates as Teresa , OK in slightly mixed presentation .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-20-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Teresa, You really should be keeping notes on all of your adventures and don’t forget us when you make your movie! 😀
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats awesome.
    Conservatives usually are accepting,at least thats been my experience.

Good for you, Teresa.

The labels are misleading in this case. British conservatives are more closely aligned with Democrats in the States. Yes, Democrats are that conservative.

American conservatives at their fullest expression are generally considered insane.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    I mustn't turn this into a political thread but just to explain the UK system . The Conservative party traditionally was the party to represent wealthy landowners , wealthy business men etc . The labour party was formed with backing of trade unions to represent the ordinary working man , there are many other parties but these two carry the majority of the votes from the electorate . The lines are not so well defined anymore , I still feel everyone should use their vote , people have given up their lives to give people the right to vote , we should value their efforts . No matter how we choose to dress !!

Now we have had the explanations

Please keep political references out of this thread
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Political parties are often quite the opposite of what they are named. Often to confuse and fool people. The names themselves often contrived when a group gets a bad reputation among voters and then names itself to reflect something it is not.---for VOTES of course. A "Government Control" party will name itself something suggestive of freedom and individuality, for example. "Liberal" or "Conservative" (Beginning with Capital letters), on both sides of the pond DO NOT conform to the dictionary definitions at all. The Lower case "conservative" and "liberal" are what is in the dictionary. The "Insane" parties" are the ones that do not use "Common sense" and are hyper Hypocritical---supporting opposing programs, principles and groups. Generally speaking those that Capitalize are the opposite of the Dictionary----In America, for example a "Conservative" (big "C") is closer to a Dictionary "liberal" ( espousing individual freedom, etc .) while the small c "conservative" is the more "repressive sort"----Yes, it is all confusing. it is meant to be. Fooling the voters is a politicians' job.

Let's be careful here and not let this thread grow too political for this site. I am trying to keep politically neutral here as much as possible.---My point being the DICTIONARY will not help you define a party by what it is called.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 04-20-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Teresa - the canvassers were probably happy to find someone willing to talk to them at all There's a lot of door-slamming in that job. Well done on your handling of it.

Somewhat related, I once had religious zealots come to the door (in drab, both of us lol) and I was possibly too polite because they kept coming back; maybe they thought they had a "sale" on their hands. I seriously considered answering the door in a dress some day just to see their faces, but I never did.

Teresa,

If you quite rightly opt to exercise your right to vote and present enfemme then I would suggest making sure you have proof of ID with you. It may well not be necessary but it saves any argument. The last scene from Some like it hot springs to mind but in this case it's you ripping off your wig and declaring, "But I'm a man"
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Not my favourite occupation but I did have to accept that compromise when I had my hair cut . Good point though I have my new driving license in my purse so it shouldn't be a problem .

Helen. There is no requirement currently to show ID at UK Polling Stations, though I believe they are testing it in a few areas. If you answer the prescribed questions (which are basically are you who say you are and have already voted) then they have to issue a ballot paper.

Helena,

I understand what you're saying. However, I'm quite capable of giving my SO's correct details but I don't think they'd give me a voting slip if dressed in drab! I'm more likely to be arrested.

Banned Read only
    Helena/Helen,
    I had an amusing conversation with another dog walker this morning , I joked about recognising the two candidates from one of my social evenings , he repiled they will do anything to win a vote these days . So I added they will have to learn better colour coordination , you can't wear a blue rosette with the outfits they had on !

I'll have to update this thread after I've voted to let others know if there are any problems .

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    American conservatives at their fullest expression are generally considered insane.
    All political references aside, tell us how you really feel. Lol

Don't tempt me.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Patience/Tracy,
    Don't forget Shelly is keeping tabs ! You don't want to stir the Scots too much !

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eemz View Post
    Teresa - the canvassers were probably happy to find someone willing to talk to them at all There's a lot of door-slamming in that job. Well done on your handling of it.

Somewhat related, I once had religious zealots come to the door (in drab, both of us lol) and I was possibly too polite because they kept coming back; maybe they thought they had a "sale" on their hands. I seriously considered answering the door in a dress some day just to see their faces, but I never did.
    Funny story. I had zealots come to my house and they were supposed to come one evening. I had forgotten and opened the door. I had on a sheer top and pants. Under them was a lace bra and panties. They didn't come in and left quickly. Only after they left did we realize that they could easily discern what I was wearing under my outer clothes. I guess they didn't want to save us.

Another vote for women?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Looking at the fashion choices of conservative leaders such as Theresa May and Thatcher,theres yet another reason not to put my x in their box lol

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Sophie,
    Look around we don't get much choice no matter where we choose to put our mark . I actually now live the town where Margaret Thatcher lived as a child , my mother in law told stories of what she was like at school . The corner shop is still standing where Alf Roberts ran his business , otherwise there's not much sign of her having been here .