Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Busted buying pantyhose at Target

Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn louisa View Post
    Do you think a lot of ladies really believe that men like to secretly dress up in women's clothes?
    No, I don't think they believe that.

OTOH, I'd like to think that if someone asked me that, I would cheekily reply that I have great legs, and offer to show her a picture with proof.

The last time I was at Target, using the self-checkout, I was dressed, wearing red tights.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I think that someone went on a fishing expedition, and caught a CD fish! I have had SA's go fishing also, and my honesty has helped me get better service. So what's the big deal, it wasn't your next door neighbour, was it?
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wonder if you'd headed this thread:

"Spoke to a strange woman at Kmart", u would gotten so many comments!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I had a similar encounter once, and ironically, it was at Target! I was in male mode looking over the pantyhose, and a nice lady, probably about my age (customer, not employee), asked if I needed help with sizing. I was so caught off guard that I politely declined, but it was a missed opportunity in my book to have a good interaction.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Most women are much more open minded and understanding than men. I get compliments from women all the time when I wear my leggings to the gym. As for pantyhose, I buy them all the time in male mode. When I first started years ago I pretended they were for my wife. Now I just own it. As someone here pointed out you aren't doing anything illegal or immoral.

I am still afraid to buy in person, working on my courage. Seems to be in short supply with regards to dressing. Most of you seem so comfortable with CD. I'm working on it.

Banned Read only
    Suzanne you said "women don't think CD's have anything to be ashamed of or embarrassed by", Are you sure you are right on this? I thought they wanted men to dress in men's clothes, not women's and look manly. Definitely not my husband. What you said would make me think women accept and are just fine with men dressing in women's clothes including bras, panties and heels and presenting in public this way. Please Respond.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn louisa View Post
    "Oh come on - don't all men secretly like to dress up in women's underwear?"
    Yes, I don't believe that either. I believe it should be rephrased as "Don't all crossdressing men secretly like to dress up in women's underwear?" I don't believe that even half the men out there have a secret desire to wear women's panties. Sure, some might dress up at Hallowe'en, in a caricature humourous sort of way, with pantyhose over their hairy legs and jockey shorts....but that's it. As to whether women believe that of men, I seriously doubt that too.
    Last edited by Piora; 04-22-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I, too, don’t think you were “busted”, but more a comment from someone who knew something about cding. Back when more women wore pantyhose, I got by with “they’re for my wife”, but with the decline of hose wearing women around here, I think it’s now more obvious who the hose are for. A SA at Macy’s once asked if I needed any help, but I knew exactly what I wanted...color, size, brand, etc. She just smiled. When I checked out, she again smiled and said, “enjoy”. I just smiled back. I didn’t consider myself “busted”, but acknowledged, maybe. Could it be that it’s us who are sustaining the hose industry? If women aren’t wearing hose...who is?

Some women treat it as a joke when they see a male buying female clothing, others are more suspicious and have fun by making searching statements that might embarass you. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

hello Caitlyn,
    once when I was buying tights (as pantyhose are called in the UK) the sales assistant assumed that I was a walker and buying them to wear under my trousers to keep warm on country walks in the winter; I did not correct her.
    luv J

Quote Originally Posted by Charleene View Post
    I am still afraid to buy in person, working on my courage. Seems to be in short supply with regards to dressing. Most of you seem so comfortable with CD. I'm working on it.
    Charleene, We were all like that at one time but it really is a fun easy thing to do.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Hi Caitlyn , My thought is that her husband is a Crossdresser too. >Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Makes you think there is something called "CD radar." I think some women will tease to get the guy all flustered whether or not they actually think the guy likes wearing women's clothing. The key to these adventures is to find a woman who would enjoy getting you to war women's clothing, and, then getting you out of them.

I honestly don't know but I think Macey got it right.
    "I think a lot of ladies believe that most men will at least try it. Also, I believe that a lot of ladies believe this is only 'other' men and not theirs"
    LOL
    I think you should be happy, you had a pleasant exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Some women treat it as a joke when they see a male buying female clothing, others are more suspicious and have fun by making searching statements that might embarass you. :-)
    ...Especially when the man in question acts in a secretive way, as if he were doing something wrong. That can come through in one's body language and is a dead giveaway.

Just another reason to bring it out in the open. Act like you have nothing to hide, because you don’t. Men buy things for women all the time.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I would love to own a pair of Wolford high sheen but they are too expensive. I have settled into L'eggs Sheer Energy Sheer panty. Great mild compression, silky feel and seem to last a long time.

Good question, it does seem that sometimes I notice women wearing hose that just looks far better quality than the norm. You get what you pay for I guess!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    You were only "busted" because you wanted to be thus exposed. You only had to say,"I wouldn't know, I was just buying what is on my list". Sure you weren't getting just a little thrill from the encounter? And there is nothing wrong with that, for sure!

I was at the checkout in Target in Burbank once many years ago, and I had a basket with a bunch of clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup since I wanted to dress but had nothing feminine with me. I was a little nervous back then, but picked a quiet time later in the evening. There was a lady who joined the line right behind me, and she watched as the clerk pulled all the items out one by one. After a little while, she said "wow, you're gonna have some good drag time with that lot" or words similar, and I replied it was all just to dress somewhat normally... she laughed and bade me a good time many women are just fine and feel unthreatened by us.

I had a lady comment on my purchase one time at Target in Hickory NC.

I bought some female tops off the discount rack for both wife and me.

As I was checking out she said that's a very feminine purchase for a guy do you think they will fit? I said sure hope so.

The clerk never missed a beat scanning the items and never said a word.

Interesting experience. I had a few encounters in the past when shop personnel hinted at me with remarks about wearing female clothes or shoes when I was shopping in drab, but never had a conversation about that with random customers.

Nice story, I have only been asked of something was for me once and ironically , I was buying eyeliner for my wife. I would say she was in the know, most women would presume you were buying for your SO
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Target is perhaps the store where I feel most comfortable buying fem clothes in person...I'm always in male mode as I don't go out dressed so far. Have had the clerks help me find stuff on the rack as well as always politely asking if I needed any help. One time had the "area manager" or whatever you want to call it for the intimates/workout wear area assist me in finding the panties I was looking for. Generally if I can't find the item I am looking for I'll just flag down the nearest clerk and ask her, I figure better to get what I need and get out than fumble around looking for it. Normally I just wait until I have a list of other things I need and drop in the ladies department when I have a bunch of other items in the cart.
    And I personally LOVE the "A New Day" hoisery line carried as a store brand. Lots of variety and the sizes fit me well.
    -Cheryllynn

Aspiring Member
    Caitlyn,
    No reason to be embarrassed with your purchase(s), as it is simply clothing that you want. Take ownership of your items. If CD/TG individuals demonstrate it is no big deal - i.e. it is quite normal, the rest of the world will hopefully come around in time. I believe many responders to the OP have shared experiences that demonstrate this approach.

Although I wear ladies attire when shopping, sans wig, I strive to communicate with SAs. I have had some cold experiences and some very normal exchanges with SAs. About a month ago I went to a Spanx store, which was very busy. A SA asked if I needed help, and I told her I was looking for a garment that enhanced my butt. She responded, "yes, we have the booty booster" and took me to the rack. I asked for a medium, which she retrieved from the back room. At checkout she asked "if I had a special occasion that I needed it for?" I told her no, but I wanted to be prepared for one. She gave me a discount card for future purchase and all the sweet messages that GGs usually get. It was a very good experience.