Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Busted buying pantyhose at Target

Busted buying pantyhose at Target

Last night I stopped off at Target to buy some pantyhose at Target using the self checkout. A middle aged lady at the adjacent checkout was paying attention to me. "Aren't those pantyhose just the best?" She asked. "My favorite" I replied. "How did you know that I was buying them for myself?" I asked. "Oh come on - don't all men secretly like to dress up in women's underwear?" She said ! She turned to leave then gave me a wink and said "Enjoy your dress up fun !". Even though I was enjoying our exchange my face turned bright red. Do you think a lot of ladies really believe that men like to secretly dress up in women's clothes?

I think a lot of ladies believe that most men will at least try it. Also, I believe that a lot of ladies believe this is only 'other' men and not theirs

Anyway, sorry it may have caused you some embarrassment, but chalk this one up to a positive experience/exchange!

Don't worry at all if you continue to buy from target, A you will get used to buying things and B, he staff will get to know you and will help you out this is the way with me, I remeber way back now wanting to buy a bra in my usual supermarket but I could not find my size so I asked an sa for help and just said outright it is for me, not intending to put her on the spot more of well saying I'm not buying for anybody else, nothing wa said no strange expressions or anything, life was normal.
    it will be the same for you too.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Busted ? No not at all.
    Thats was a nice encounter IMO

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Loved to hear about this encounter. The good, she acknowledged you were buying "best" pantyhose and not garbage!

As Tracii says, you weren't "busted" because you weren't doing anything wrong, dishonest or immoral.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Caitlyn, busted is when your mother catches you in her cocktail dress when you are thirteen, this was just friendly banter.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    ok, lets rephrase this, saying all men secretly like to dress like women is like saying all women have penis envy. is that relevant now?

Banned Read only
    That's far from busted... Just a GG that knows what's up, now if it was somebody you knew then sure.

I have had random GG's comment on things in my cart and hands, One GG even asking if I was in theater because the shoes I had in my cart. Then there's always the cashiers, they know what's going on after a while. I have had several over the years complement my purchases and say I going to look great in them. I always smile and thank them.

That makes me want to visit my neighborhood Target.

Methinks, she has first-hand knowledge.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Spammer
    A lot of women are "tuned in" to what we do and accept it just fine.
    Its no big deal unless you make it one.
    I have lost count on how many encounters with women I have had over the years when buying womens clothing items.
    Most just smile and say have fun or thats a cute outfit you sure you have the right size ? or that will look great on you.
    Had a few think they were outing me but I owned up to the item being for me which defused her ploy of outing me.
    Its all up to you how you take these encounters but be sure they are going to happen.

Hi Caitlyn,
    You weren't busted. You even owned up to the fact they were for you. If anything she shouldn't have been snooping in your cart.
    Robin

Banned Read only
    I think that's a cute story. She was just having some fun, and you owned it. One time when I was buying pantyhose, SA inquired what type? I mentioned control top, to which she asked "how much control", with a little giggle. Busted When ringing me up, she told me about a bra sale. I actually enjoyed the banter and her giggling.

I was in a Walmart to pick up 3 things. Saw some pretty bras, in my size and put them in my cart, along with a couple of mundane impulse purchases. When the cashier rang me up, the bill came to over $50 and I quipped "I came to buy 3 things! I can never get out of here without spending $50 dollars or more!"
    The cashier smiled and said "Yeah, but those bras are cute, aren't they?" I had to agree.

I was in boy mode at the time.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

part of the fun of wearing is the shopping for the fun things. It doesn't have to be in secret, no one cares much what we are doing, except us!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by Shely View Post
    part of the fun of wearing is the shopping for the fun things. It doesn't have to be in secret, no one cares much what we are doing, except us!

What she said!

We worry more than is necessary about what others might think or say.
    My philosophy is that as long as I don't hear anything negative while I'm present, then it doesn't really matter.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Am I the only one who’s curious about what the best pantyhose are?

Banned Spammer
    Which ever ones that don't run when you put them on.

Banned Read only
    Caitlyn,
    Some women do like to tease a little , she saw your reaction so she knew she had caught you out ! I use to get this sometimes when shopping in drab now I just buy what I want and if I can't find it I ask , there's no catching me out because I'm fully dressed .

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Methinks, she has first-hand knowledge.
    That's what I was thinking. She probably had at least one spouse or BF that liked to dress up.

As far as getting "busted" while shopping, I like to be the one that does the busting. Cashier says something like, your wife will like this top. My response, "I'm not married anymore so I wear these things myself". Or if they make a joke about me wearing an item I'll say "yes I'll be wearing it this weekend"! It's fun!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Just one more reason to use the regular checkout.

Self checkout is just another way for Target to avoid hiring more people.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I think you have asked if the woman was single and go from there! 😃
    Crissy

Silver Member
    I collect bras along with most other things. On one occasion I had one of the security women at a Ross store ask, do you wear one every day. I was bent over and am sure she could easily see my bra band through my top. I stood up as I said, yes, Do you have a problem? I've seldom seen someone chocking worse on their words. She said, "no, I was just asking, I don't have any problems.

One other time I did have a security person come by and tell me the bras I was buying were not my color. I asked what color should I get.

I was checking out at TJMax and the cashier asked if the bras were for me. I said yes and she said they will go great with your eye colors. As we teased back and forth she and the other SA realized that they were for me. The other SA slid down the aisle whie my SA checked me out. She was actually friendly and I would have asked her out had she been sexxier. AND, I wasn't married.

Silver Member
    GGs are not fooled by most of the things a GM does. But they also don't think crossdressers have anything to be ashamed of or embarrassed by. They know womens clothes are nicer to wear, better to look at, more interesting and fun, so they're not surprised when a male wants to give it a try. I get nothing but compliments and supportive comments.from random GGs.

I concur with the others who say that you got into friendly banter, not "busted"