Thread: No opportunity to dress at home

No opportunity to dress at home

Hi girls,

My son (20) is home because he took a two week vacation from work, he lso works in shifts since earlier this year when he finbished his education. That means he sometimes goes to work just before my wife comes home from work.

All that doesn't allow me to dress at home for almost four weeks, but I'm used to dress at home in the morning until about noon.

I just left home with my clothes and everything to go to a city and came back to do neccesary work at the house, it's sunny and warm.

Last week, I told my wife that I'll take a four day vacation as Doreen, she doesn't like it but gives me my freedom. So now I'm looking forward until May 16th, when I leave to visit the Netherlands and Amsterdam. I really hope the weather will be as nice as it has been. By that time, I'll also have my new blue skater dress to wear for a night out.

I must admit, it seems very hard if you're not able to dress as you wish.

I'm in a similar situation and when the opportunity arises I grab it with both hands.

Faktenrock, I feel your pain, until three weeks I had one step daughter living with me, now two. So no chances to dress at home. I have to wait till I'm at a hotel.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Doreen,
    It is a tough one when you've had such great out times . Only you know what the bottom line is for you dressing/ TG issues , maybe at some point you will have to be discuss being more open at home .

I just have to accept the few hours each week in drab mode but I admit I'm not happy about it .

Reading other replies just brings home how unfair it is to be forced into living a double life , it makes it so much harder achieveing a balance .

Your freedom to dress whilst away I hope compensates for the difficulty of dressing at home.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There never seems to be enough time to dress. Most of the time I will snatch a couple of hours when my wife is out with her Study Club or Bridge Club. Two or Three times a year she travels with her Sister and Daughter our to the country. This is pure heaven. She is actually on the east coast this week. I have spent each day as Claire. This really gives me a chance to dress early in the morning and stay dressed all day. I will often leave the house for a couple of hours to pick-up lunch or get gas for the car. Any excuse will do. I have a GG friend who will go to lunch with Claire. This is always fun. I really enjoy a late evening, dressing in my favorite nighgown, sitting in the Den listing to music wth a glass of wine. This will often go into the early Horus of morning. It would be so nice to share such special times with but I doubt this will ever happen. Claire

Just enjoy your son ....life is short . If you can think about it this way that you are you no matter what clothing you have on.If you cannot and clothing is more important than family to you please set time for you to enjoy your family as much as you put time into dressing.
    I get it....It sucks not being able to be you all the time and I wish you could but please think of the complete picture. In a poof of an eye things change. So plan your trip but plan something special with your family as well.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I’d embrace the time with your son!

Banned Read only
    It sounds like you are in basically a DADT but with freedom to take it "off site".

Have you considered just coming out to your son? Melineals are very accepting, and after a few giggles I bet your son would be like "Whatever..."

BTW: I plan on coming out to my son this weekend for basically the same reason. Except I don't have to hide from my wife, and I am tired of hiding it from my son.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-25-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Platinum Member
    Based on your picture postings I'd say most of us would envy you. I had eight days of opportunity when my wife visited her cousin out of state. Now? My wife had an operation so she will be home for the next two months recovering. Zero opportunity to be engage in wearing women's clothing. Limited to this forum and buying clothes on line. Yes, enjoy your son while he is at home. Sometimes you'll never get an opportunity in the future.

So I have time to pack? LOL. Be safe!

Perhaps you could tell your son (with your wife's consent).

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Just enjoy your son ....life is short . If you can think about it this way that you are you no matter what clothing you have on.If you cannot and clothing is more important than family to you please set time for you to enjoy your family as much as you put time into dressing.
    I get it....It sucks not being able to be you all the time and I wish you could but please think of the complete picture. In a poof of an eye things change. So plan your trip but plan something special with your family as well.
    This is a wise lady. Please enjoy your family time. The clothes will be there after your son leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by faltenrock View Post
    I must admit, it seems very hard if you're not able to dress as you wish.
    I can imagine this. I avoided family life upon this basis and continue to choose not to risk it.

On the other hand though:

Now here you go again, you say..
    ..you want your freedom.
    Well who am I to keep you down?
    It's only right that you should..
    ..play the way you feel it.
    But listen carefully to the sound..
    ..of your loneliness.
    Like a heartbeat drives you mad.
    In the stillness of remembering what you had..
    ..and what you lost, and what you had, and what you lost.

Thunder only happens when it's raining.
    Players only love you when they're playing.
    Say women they will come and they will go.
    When the rain washes you clean, you'll know, you'll know.

Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions.
    I keep my visions to myself.
    It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams and,
    Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
    Dreams of loneliness,
    Like a heartbeat, drives you mad.
    In the stillness of remembering what you had..

Pertinent, but I hope you have a great time in Amsterdam with good weather... and no.. BLACK.. PANTYHOSE! .

- Lydianne.

Have patience your time will come hard as it is for you right now.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I wish I could dress as often as you!

Driving 375 miles each way this weekend to spend a few days dressed with some girls! Not cause of the wife she's going with me. Because of the very small very unaccepting town we live in. Best not show face out side.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Hi Di, and all others who've replied.

I love my son and I spend time with him. We go on windsurfing trips and plan a golfing day for next week - don't worry.
    I didn't want to give the impression that my son is any kind of burden for me, no.

Instead of going for a drive yesterday and dressing in a city, I decided to return home and do some work on the house, I painted a few walls and an outside stair in the garden.
    Later, at 6 PM, when my wife wasn't home yet, he came home.
    It turned out he went to an amusement park with the largest wooden rollercoaster in Europe with an old friend from school. He left at 10 am and didn't tell me that he left.

I could have dressed all day....

However, I'm aware that I'm blessed, having so many opportunities to go out in the world as Doreen, my family is most important to me.

My son knows about my dressing, we had a talk last fall after he saw me receiving a new dress. He's ok with it but doesn't want to see me dressed, which is totally fine with me.

Thanks girls, I'm doing well.

Doreen

I can empathize. My wife and I are basically DaDT. Between work, overtime, housework, yardwork, home projects, and taking everyone on camping trips I cannot remember a time I had to dress. Wife no longer wants to participate in my dressing. I honestly wish I still had business trips so I could have time to express my feminine side. Maybe someday.... Right now I can't find any time or opportunity. Hang in there!

You are not alone. Since my wife is not CD tolerant and the fact that she keeps me busy with projects and seeing our grown children as often as possible, I have very little opportunity to dress as well. Such is life. But I make the best of it when opportunity presents itself.

Daytimes are cd friendly here! Come by my house we can dress up.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Sounds to me Doreen that you have a good balance in your life between the need to dress and spending quality time with your family.the fact your dressing doesnt infringe on spending time with your son is a great thing.As someone who is estranged from my son,I would give the earth to spend time with him again

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson