Thread: Another Step on the Journey

Another Step on the Journey

So on Monday I went to lunch with my really close friend who knows that I'm a CD. We got to talking about everything and ultimately it resulted in her agreeing to take me out shopping at the closest Kohl's. It was such an amazing experience and one that I had never had before. I was able to try on a couple of dresses and look at some other accessories. While I didn't purchase anything, it was so fantastic to try on things and get someone else's perspective on things. We made plans for a longer girl's day next time in town. Just wanted to share with you all this experience!

Hold onto that friendship, Enjoy!

Wait wait! We need details! She’s a GG? Were you shopping en femme? Was this your first time shopping for girly stuff in person? Inquiring minds want to know!

I'm with Micki. Story! Story!

Kelly, That sounds like a wonderful experience and yes it is another step on the journey. Congrats!
    Crissy

Great moment with a great friend!

She is a GG, one of my closest friends that I have known my whole life. We went out for lunch and I was dressed in my normal clothes, though I was definitely rocking some cute panties underneath my regular clothes. Our conversation was pretty normal until I brought up the fact that I like to dress up and wear makeup and how people need to stop worrying so much about things such as that and let people live their lives. One thing led to another and I asked if we could do a little shopping afterwards. This was my first time ever shopping for girly stuff in public, and it was quite exhilarating. It was so amazing to try to find dresses that matched my style along with trying out accessories like pocketbooks and shoes (even though nothing fit). I can't wait for our girls day the next time I get back into town. I may even venture to dress en femme for the occasion!

That is really awesome Kelly! That is a big step! And for it to come about spontaneously is even more fun! So glad to hear about your adventure!

Great story, you are very lucky to have such a good friend Kelly
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Kelly,

You are a lucky gal to have such a friend.

As for next time, definitely go enfemme. After all, if trying things on then you nedd to know if they fit around the bust line. Stuff hangs properly and that's the point of trying things on.

It'll also be an opportunity to do a foundation match/makeup session in store as well and having someone there to give you the thumbs up, a chance not to be missed.

Kelly, Sounds like you had a great time and have a great friend. Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Kelly, it’s so nice to have someone to share experiences with. None of my family. Or acquaintances know so going out is sometimes a lonely thing.

Here's to good times and great friends, hold onto that one.

Congrats Kelly from another Mass girl. Care to share which Kohl’s?
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I've noticed no one ever says - it resulted in him agreeing to take me out shopping at the closest Kohl's.

Trying on a dress in a store for the first time is an achievement - and exciting!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Thank you everyone for the kind words! It was truly a great experience that I keep replaying in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocelynJames View Post
    Congrats Kelly from another Mass girl. Care to share which Kohl’s?
    Jocelyn, this was a Kohl's in CT. It's great to meet another MA girl on here!

Hi Kelly,

I am so happy your had such a positive experience shopping. I love just reading these stories. Thank you for sharing.

Robin

Kelly, some of these early outings are purely awesome.

I remember some of mine.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hope you get another chance soon. Having a friend is so important especially the first time you go trying on clothes or using the Ladies toilets. I love girly days out.

Living the dream!
    Good for you Kelly
    Thanks for sharing your heart-warming story.

Kelly, it sounds like you had a great experience. Having a supportive friend is a real blessing. Cheers for more adventures.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra