Just wanted to vent. I have recently decided to take the steps to transition. I've bottled it up for decades upon decades and here I am, on the cusp of finally being brave enough to move towards becoming who I deep down have always known myself to be, even if I have rejected it over and over again. I just had my very first therapy appointment and have come away feeling as though I am on top of the world. I want to do laser hair removal before I start hormones because of everything I've read saying that hormones can have an impact on the success of hair removal, and if I start hormones first, and some day have to come off of hormones, I risk more facial hair growth. Anywhoo, so I have a consult with a local office that does LHR which is expensive but well known in the area to be the best, I get the test area completed, ask lots of questions, and am generally thrilled at the experience, and the staff, and the excitement of starting this only to hear, "well, you may want to hold off for the summer, because having a tan on your face can seriously increase the risk pf scarring and skin damage." UGH! Right out of the gate, I have to hurry up and wait. I researched, and researched, and read article after article but somehow missed every single part about tanning, and sun exposure in the summer months.