Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were asked to Dress up for Charity would you

If you were asked to Dress up for Charity would you

I know many of us look back on chances we had to be dressed by girls growing up or to play girl roles in plays and were to scared . Has that changed for everyone or are most of us still to scared ?

If you were asked as part of a charity event to allow yourself to be dolled up with several other guys in Square Dance outfits for a skit would you do it ? Would you S.O. Allow it ?

If the women's club was putting on the show and playing the Guy parts would you be comfortable dancing about in Petticoats? What about your S.O.

searscw.jpg

sq 2.jpg

Banned Read only
    Well it really depends...

If it was going to be a respectable (for lack of a better word) event, then yes.

But if it was going to be "a big joke" just to raise money, I would pass.

I don't like being the joke. Yeah I know, I take myself too seriously.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-26-2019 at 04:25 PM.

I went to work in my exs wedding dress for charity. No-one else was in costume but I didn't care. I did get some funny looks on the bus though, as I used public transport at the time.

I don’t remember a single occasion “growing up” when anyone ever asked boys to play girl roles. Ever. These forums do certainly have an active fantasy life these days.

(Fun fact: my step mother and her twin sister were going to be the babies used to play baby Ricky on “I Love Lucy”, but Desi Arnez was a chauvinist and stepped in insisting “my son will NEVER be played by a girl”)

It was not a charity type thing but I played a cleaning lady in a cub scout skit once! I drew a few strange looks, but it was mostly for the fun of it! My wife approved at that time and only that time!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I would. I only had one chance to dress up for something when I was a kid, some classmates of mine were doing a project and they needed to do a short video showing how segregation was back in the day and they wanted me to play the part of the woman in the video. I was so scared of showing them that I was enjoying being dressed up that I didn't bother to show up. The group came up with another plan for the project after that.

Everyone is different. I wouldn't do it now, because I'd feel dishonest. But I might have when I was still in the closet, because it would seem like one of the few chances I might ever have to dress the way I wanted to in public without having to hide.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't care for frilly stuff so no

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I don’t remember a single occasion “growing up” when anyone ever asked boys to play girl roles. Ever. These forums do certainly have an active fantasy life these days.

(Fun fact: my step mother and her twin sister were going to be the babies used to play baby Ricky on “I Love Lucy”, but Desi Arnez was a chauvinist and stepped in insisting “my son will NEVER be played by a girl”)
    Sorry but you are Dead Wrong ! Many of us went to all Boy and Girl High schools in which many of the plays involved Boys playing girls parts and visa Verde

Have you never heard of Harvard 's Hasty Pudding Club

I'm pretty sure I would as long I could do full makeup and not clown makeup.

About twenty years ago I went to a Halloween Party as a Bride, when my wife did my makeup like a clown I was so mad.
    I then washed it off and did my own makeup it really bothered her. She said "don't bother trying to look good, it will never happen".
    I remember it as a great party night!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 04-27-2019 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats "vice versa" Latin for the other way around.
    Verde is Spanish for green.
    A visa gives you permission to stay in a foreign country.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-26-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Gold Member
    Yes I would dress up....As long as I did not have to leave the house.
    I am still and always be in the Closet. Sorry.
    rader

Banned Read only
    Robbie ,
    I've done quite a bit of charity work and dressed up in odd male outfits in the past , I've also enjoyed theme nights at my social group evenings . I don't have a problem dressing up if it's in a good cause . Recently we raised money for the local Air Ambulance which meant taking a collection bucket around the hotel it's always great fun most people give generously , on that occasion we were asked to wear Xmas jumpers .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-26-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Without hesitation yes

Ready when you are. Already got my outfits picked out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I would be forced to say YES!
    Crissy

NancyTO I like the purple and green ones! And you look marvelous!

I think for me it would also have to be something where the goal was to look good and not be made fun of.

yes in a heart beat

Without a doubt, would be a lovely day.

Who's Charity? Is she one of us?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    I wouldn't hesitate to go out dressed as me. A group of guys in dresses for a square dance skit sounds like the same brand of joke as where the football team trades uniforms and jobs with the cheerleading squad. I wouldn't go near it.

Yep I'd love too expecially if they done your makeup I love to be pampered

In my Catholic high school we had a 'sadie hawkins dance' where the girls invited the boys, the girls dressed as the boys and the boys dressed as the girls.

I am telling the square dance outfit ...with the ruffled panties (over your white briefs, of course) were the most popular. It is what I wore.

I always knew I was 'different' but until I put on a pair of ruffled panties I just didn't know how different! LOLruffled panties.jpg

Eh, no. Working in a profession which is 90% females, if I ever got caught in female clothing there would be a collective 'ah HA! I knew it!' heard from the peanut gallery. And there would always be somebody to bring it up whenever the discussions of if the guys in our profession were all gay.

So, no thanks. I will not reinforce the stereotype.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Thought provoking question, for sure.

I would probably insist on looking too authentic. Skits are usually for clowning around and getting laughs. I take my appearance as a woman too seriously for that. Everyone would notice that I look too good to be doing this just for a party. On the other hand, if all the ladies dressed as men and took it seriously, I may join the fun.

Members of this forum know that I dressed in a dirndl for Oktoberfest. Mine was not a cheap costume. I put over $400 and put serious time into my outfit. Whether I succeeded in looking like an authentic Frau, I don't know, but failure was not for lack of taking my appearance seriously. The guy taking tickets at the gate complimented me on how festive I looked. I danced with the crowd in ways sort of like square dancing. And I waltzed with a gentleman. But I was not there for laughs and no one did at my expense. I was comfortable in petticoats, so comfortable that I stayed until they closed the evening. There is a photo on this forum to prove all this.

I would give serious thought to how it would affect my place in my community. I doubt it would affect my job or my reputation among my peers. If it may adversely affect my role as a grandfather figure to all the church children that I know and work with, I would not dress for this event.

My wife would be livid if she found out. And I would ignore her protests, as I often do.