Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were asked to Dress up for Charity would you

To help raise money for a good cause.... absolutely!

Banned Read only
    Robbie,
    I wonder what sort of answer you would get if you asked the same question to a group of non-crossdressing men . They wouldn't care how good or bad their makeup looked , personally I feel we do need a sense of humour and be prepared to laugh at ourselves , CDing isn't all doom and gloom , there is a great deal of fun to be had .

It's a shame so many replies would be dictated what other people thought and not the charity cause . To be given the chance to fund raise is very special , it's a wonderful feeling to see the collection bucket emptied and the donations counted up . My group were so grateful to be handed a lovely thankyou message from the local Air ambulance operators . I'm all for doing the next one .

Aspiring Member
    I have done it. Wore skirt and top but no other additions and raised quite a bit for charity. Took a long time for them to abandon the teasing though.

I would do it. At my age I am not going to do power events or dangerous activities so something that might embarrass me (or not) is fine.

Yes. Recently, there was a vaudeville fundraiser and six of us dressed and did a dance to the old song “A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody”. At first, the plan was to look funny, but the director thought our skit would be better if we did our best to look as feminine as possible. She hired a professional makeup artist for our makeovers, which was very enjoyable. Of course, they didn’t need to twist my arm. It was the first time I wore false eyelashes. They looked good, but..what a pain to put on. Two of the guys wouldn’t shave their legs. The rest of us did. Of course, I wore my forms, my waist cincher and hip pads. We stayed dressed for the post show party. A delightful evening, it was.

Aspiring Member
    Robbie,
    Around 1990 I declined a role to play Marlene Dietrich in a church fund raiser. The person (GG)who took the role lipped sang one of her songs. Three males did impersonate the Andrew sisters in the musical.

Today I would accept the challenge to play a similar role. I do not regret turning down the role as I was involved in a building committee at the time, which consumed a great deal of my time.

yea I'm another one who would love this! would be over the moon to do something like that. i love all the frills and everything ☺️

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

my SO right now would probably do it for fun with me lol, she doesn't mind it.

NancyTO where did you get all those fun dresses ?

Especially liked this one

zzz.jpg

Hell yes in a New York in a New York minute.
    Angie

I can only wish that would happen. Square dancing I don't think so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I have dressed up on several occasions., it is part of what I do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    When I was growing up there was never anything at school or church where boys dressed up as girls. I never encountered anything close to being dressed as a girl by any female kids my age. I would probably have puked at the suggestion. When puberty set in and my interest in women's attire arose I think I would have not donned any female clothes to be seen in public. That was a time when I was not secure in my sexuality because any guy who wore women's clothing was deemed to be a homosexual which, at the time, opened a guy up to discrimination and worse.

Although I am secure in my sexuality and recognize cross dressing is a normal part of my inner self, I would decline just for that reason. I never joined a fraternity in college because of the hazing that went on. I would never do anything to demean myself. Having visions of myself prancing around in a frilly square dance outfit just seems to conflict with my inner female.

As a sidebar to this thread my father-in-law went to a Halloween party at the local Eagle's club with is girlfriend as a woman. I saw him. He definitely looked like a guy in a dress. He was having a blast. His girlfriend was having a blast. It was a total goof for him. I take my desire to emulate a woman too seriously. Acting goofy would be contrary to acting womanly. I'd be totally onboard with appearing as a normal woman and wearing attire appropriate for the event. I just have visions of laughter from the audience. As on response indicated some of the guys would not have their legs. A guy prancing around in a square dance outfit with hairy arms and legs and unshaven face next to a guy with a serious attempt to emulate a woman just seems wrong for a serious cross dresser.

I've viewed many of the Youtube pictures and videos of girls who have made up their boyfriends into prom queens, etc. The guys look great. But, there are also those pictures of guys just plain goofing around which are nothing more than a lousy attempt at bad humor.

As to my wife? She would not approve of her husband ever appearing anytime or anywhere as a woman for any reason. It's not so much the clothes. It is the mindset involved.

Absolutely, yes. Some years ago, my wife and I performed in a drag show for charity. We performed a song by Christina Aguilera and Nelly. Mimicking the video, I wore a flapper dress and she wore a zoot suit. I was really nervous, but the crowd was super supportive. In the end I was so happy that I did it.

Jamie

If it was a glamour role or even glamour drag I would. If it was camp or for a joke/laugh, I would not.

I nwould for sure charity do's are worthwhile things and sometging themed like our community, sure I would do it.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Yes, I would do it.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't need a reason like that to dress, I'm not in hiding.
    That said, I wouldn't be caught dead in a square dance dress. Definitely not my style. I'd do it but not in that dress.�� And definitely not in drag queen mode.

Aspiring Member
    Growing up I had several opportunities to crossdress in school, including skits and a womanless beauty pageant. I was always afraid of volunteering. However one good friend and neighbor was in one of our womanless pageants. His mom went all out and I was so jealous of his beautiful outfit. Ever since then I have wished I could be dressed all glamorous in a womanless beauty pageant.

In the small towns around where I live there are womanless beauty pageants. Recently the police sheriff won the event. In my fantasy my wife volunteers me to be a contestant. So it isn't even my decision. In the fantasy the organizer emphasizes that this has to be the best womanless beauty pageant ever, and supervises the progress of the contestants. So my wife encourages me to go all out and helps me with all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    NancyTO where did you get all those fun dresses ?

Especially liked this one

zzz.jpg
    Hi Robbiegirl. Got all my dresses and most petticoats off Ebay.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I have already done it several time and would do it again at a wig drop. I do not have any photos from those times. But this is my wife and I as models in a fashion show. I proudly can say that made her outfit, including the petticoats and fluffy shorts.
    What looks like dust on her skirt is bead and sequence work on a black netting over-skirt in a fireworks design and American flag. I even did the bows on her shoes.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 04-28-2019 at 01:37 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

No, that would be like asking for a disaster to happen.

but that is what they want.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I would do it. My wife would not let me if it was in our town but if it was downtown or a bit away probably would be ok but wonder why. And she would not want to wear one of those dresses for sure and more willing to dress as a guy but even then probably not.

I would in a heart beat. I'm wearing half of the outfit right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie, I don't need a reason to dress up. Not a fan of that style, but I'd try it once. Who knows, could grow on me...
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".