Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you were asked to Dress up for Charity would you

Silver Member
    This post sparked a recall. After WW11, my scout troop wanted to buy military tents and back pack frames from a Gov't surplus auction, but no money. One of the scout moms suggested raising the funds by charging a small fee (small town) for tickets to a fashion show where the scouts would be dressed as girls... clothing to be supplied by scout moms who also had daughters. The younger the scout, the younger he would be dressed. So, with some major encouragement by the scouting adults who said it would be OK and fun, the troop agreed, and over 20 boys put on the show. I got to wear my moms blue, one piece bathing suit and rubber swim cap. I remember being embarrassed when Mom put rolled up socks in the suit to give me boobs. The fashion show WAS fun. Everyone got a kick out of it, and we raised enough $$$ to buy what the troop wanted / needed.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    As related here before I took part in a tg charity fashion show,where part of it was as Bride and it was to be one of the most wonderful experiences of my life

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Yes, I'd be totally onboard with appearing as a normal woman and wearing attire appropriate for the event. Provided a good cause I support.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why not? Obviously it's a charity I believe in! And, being a guy, I'd want to out do the other men in dresses.

C'mon, Nancy, let's do this!
    P1160505 (537x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would do it in an instant. Charity event would be a great excuse to dress up. I'm not scared to show up dressed in front of others, but to admit that I'm a crossdresser.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Of course, my Church had a Womanless beauty contest a couple years ago. Since I was not the ONLY guy there dressed up, I had no problems being dressed in public. However it was more a church "Fun event" rather than actual "Charity." ---our 80 year old retired preacher, won (The fix was in)

I'd include a picture, but the photographer forgot to put the card in the camera.

Ignoring the fact that my wife would probably veto the whole thing, I've only got two questions... "I don't have to actually try to dance, do I?" and "can I keep the dress?"

Aspiring Member
    I do charity work so yes, I would for a good ‘respectable’ cause.

Years ago when I was in my 20s I worked in a big office and we had pretty wild and raucous Christmas parties and three of us dressed as the Three Degrees and mimed their songs. Can’t remember where the dress came from, but it was filled with a couple of balloons for effect.

On a similar theme, a few years ago I wrote on this Forum about a New Year party my wife I attend regularly (and still do). Usually there are about 6 or 7 couples, and we do a Murder Mystery. The girls often take guy parts and dress accordingly, so I suggested we all do a crossdressing Murder Mystery. Initially everyone agreed so my wife helped me get some female kit together, mid length grey skirt, blue blouse, very cheap wig, socks for boobs etc. Then the other guys backed out, but I went en femme anyway. Thoroughly enjoyed it, first time in public although no pretence of trying to be female. Now I don’t consider it to have been proper CDing and not full public.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I have done it and it was wonderful, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was great fun and the bills that were stuffed in our bras went to a good cause.

I have.

And I LOVED it!

Aspiring Member
    I don't think my wife would be very keen, but I think I'd give it a go.
    I volunteer as a technician at a local stage school and one year they wanted me to be in the "teachers' skit" as part of the Christmas show, dressed in white leotard, tights and tutu. I agreed to it, and even bought the costume, but it was pulled from the show, so it never happened.
    I still occasionally get the costume out. I may be a fat lump, but somehow I feel more elegant in that costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    This post sparked a recall. After WW11, my scout troop wanted to buy military tents and back pack frames from a Gov't surplus auction, but no money. One of the scout moms suggested raising the funds by charging a small fee (small town) for tickets to a fashion show where the scouts would be dressed as girls... clothing to be supplied by scout moms who also had daughters. The younger the scout, the younger he would be dressed. So, with some major encouragement by the scouting adults who said it would be OK and fun, the troop agreed, and over 20 boys put on the show. I got to wear my moms blue, one piece bathing suit and rubber swim cap. I remember being embarrassed when Mom put rolled up socks in the suit to give me boobs. The fashion show WAS fun. Everyone got a kick out of it, and we raised enough $$$ to buy what the troop wanted / needed.
    Love this story ! Were you wearing a skirted one piece swim suit ? Would love to hear what some of the outfits were. Were petticoats or babydoll nighties modeled ???