Thread: The sunday dinner report - been a few weeks

The sunday dinner report - been a few weeks

I obtained through work a couple of tickets to the flower and garden expo as a surprise for herself.

This morning we were coming to our senses as the coffee worked its way through us and she asked "So what are you wearing today?" Meaning: Are you going en femme? I told her that seeing as how I had gotten the tickets through work, I didn't even want to take a chance and would be in my man disguise. She said "Oh … okay."

She literally looked and sounded just a little disappointed, lol!

When we arrived at the expo, there was also a bridal expo going on in the center and I said "Ooo … we should sneak in " She said "Would you like to be a bride?" I told her no. No one has asked me to marry them! That has set the wheels turning and it may be a 'thing' down the road if we renew our vows

We had a good time at the expo and stopped by a big box store on the way home to pick up dinner preps. While shopping about, she picked out a couple of bras for me and was thumbing through some cute capris and asking me about them. If I had been more alert, I would've jumped on it, but I was already getting tired and cranky and gently demurred. But with the addition that we should both go out soon totally girled up and have a shopping day!

Later on, our son arrived for dinner as per usual. Good talk, good laughs, good sarcasm, and healing of trauma like a good family dinner should be. At one point, herself gave him a fine bar of handmade soap that she picked up at the expo for him. He likes things like this, but she insisted that he cut the bar of soap, one half for showering, one half to put in his clothing drawer. Herself and our son began to bicker about it like they do and he insisted that he was a guy and women do these things (don't worry, it was playful, he doesn't get messed up over gender roles).

I said (and remember, by now I'm totally dressed en femme, albeit casual at home femme). Son, listen to me from a man's perspective. And a left a pregnant pause there for humor's sake. He paused. We both laughed. Herself laughed. Then he said "Okay, b--ch, tell me what you've got."

I feigned outrage and said to herself "Did our son just call me a b--ch???"

She said "Yes. Yes he did." In a 'matter of fact' voice.

More laughter, and I imparted my 'manly' advice.

Dinner went on until it didn't anymore, he's off for home, and we're relaxing and bracing for the work week to come.

Another successful Sunday in our weird little world.

Hi Macey,

Sounds you had quite the day.

Robin

You’re holding back Macey, get out there girl you know you want to :-)

Eemz, just a little bit, yeah. But I will get out again! Lol

I smiled and chuckled reading your post Macey. Keep going, keep enjoying, and thanks for sharing.

Karen

I would love to have a Sunday like that.
    Angie

Macey, If you renew your vows and you are both brides can I be a bridesmaid? Come on, I’ll bring the wine.
    Nice Sunday dinner!
    Crissy

Crissy, you picked up on that definitely maybe

macey? will there be any page boys we could start a new trend in dressing! i too would love to be there, you Crissy and I it would be a riot( nicely thought of course) and I do not have any inhibitions! oh my what have I let myself in for!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Bobbi, I call the pink bridesmaid dress!
    Macey, Bobbi is over in France, maybe he should bring some champagne.
    Crissy

Okayyyy I wont argue about colour but does champagne pink panties create a clash with you? and as for champagne yes where I live there is buckets of the stuff, Mouton Rothschilds chateaue is only about 21/2 hrs drive from me on the Gironde peninsula just a tad up from Bordeaux.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 04-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Lol, ladies, ladies! If we do that it would be a few years down the road

Is it wrong that I was casually looking at wedding dresses this morning, though? Lol!

Macey, I think this a latent dream that is slowly becoming reality run with it girl and let us see your new brides dress.

Macey, A few years down the road doesn’t cut it, Did you see where Bobbi lives and what she said. We may be able to put this together soon so you can be a June bride!
    Crissy

Oh, HECK no, I'm not going to rush my own wedding! Lol

Ok then, how about a nice September wedding? Us girls need a wedding to go to. My guess is you will have more bridesmaids then you can imagine.
    Crissy

I love the part with your son. I like to make humor about gender roles, like "let a real man do it" and such.

I do that sometimes Asew. When I first came out to an FTM friend of mine he jokingly asked "Will you be my girlfriend?" And I said "Yes!" and rested my head on his shoulder. We laughed.

Another time my friend was having relationship trouble and I said "I'll be your girl!" We laughed

This one is my favorite: Just recentlyI remarked to another friend of mine who is gay that it had been four years since we were together doing a fellowship teaching abroad. He said "We are getting old" I said "Don't tell me that! I'm only just starting my life as a woman!" I recounted that story to my mom and she said it was hilarious.

Exploring our gender identity and transitioning are serious enough without us constantly buying in and dwelling on how serious and weighty it all is. I feel like you have to use humor sometimes especially if you are someone who was quick with a witty quip before coming out like I was. Like I told my parents: I'm still me I'm just a fuller happier better and more complete version of myself--the kind of person you always wanted me to be: vibrant shining radiantly and full of life

Macey I loved reading your story as I'm not out to anyone except my wife and we sometimes joke about what is Jaylyn thinking right now, or when we walk pass a beautiful girl dressed up sexy like my wife whispered once which brain I was thinking with when we saw her. I replied I love her short shorts but would love to have her legs and those wedges she was wearing were to die for. We used to joke around about what would Jaylyn like in dresses for the wife and she would tease me some. After we got much older though it's not as funny and the teasing has stopped but I still enjoy my dressing time as much but just the dressing and soft things on my body.
    She still sometimes when she is buying herself panties and dresses will ask if Jaylyn needs any thing but the novelty has worn off run off.
    I tell you this because you need to really enjoy your situation as much as you can now while there is laughter and good acceptance and live it up in your weird little world as you called it.

It is wonderful when a family relationship gets to the level of yours.

Mine hasn't yet but I do know of someone else that has it down pat similar to your relationship.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.