I obtained through work a couple of tickets to the flower and garden expo as a surprise for herself.

This morning we were coming to our senses as the coffee worked its way through us and she asked "So what are you wearing today?" Meaning: Are you going en femme? I told her that seeing as how I had gotten the tickets through work, I didn't even want to take a chance and would be in my man disguise. She said "Oh … okay."

She literally looked and sounded just a little disappointed, lol!

When we arrived at the expo, there was also a bridal expo going on in the center and I said "Ooo … we should sneak in " She said "Would you like to be a bride?" I told her no. No one has asked me to marry them! That has set the wheels turning and it may be a 'thing' down the road if we renew our vows

We had a good time at the expo and stopped by a big box store on the way home to pick up dinner preps. While shopping about, she picked out a couple of bras for me and was thumbing through some cute capris and asking me about them. If I had been more alert, I would've jumped on it, but I was already getting tired and cranky and gently demurred. But with the addition that we should both go out soon totally girled up and have a shopping day!

Later on, our son arrived for dinner as per usual. Good talk, good laughs, good sarcasm, and healing of trauma like a good family dinner should be. At one point, herself gave him a fine bar of handmade soap that she picked up at the expo for him. He likes things like this, but she insisted that he cut the bar of soap, one half for showering, one half to put in his clothing drawer. Herself and our son began to bicker about it like they do and he insisted that he was a guy and women do these things (don't worry, it was playful, he doesn't get messed up over gender roles).

I said (and remember, by now I'm totally dressed en femme, albeit casual at home femme). Son, listen to me from a man's perspective. And a left a pregnant pause there for humor's sake. He paused. We both laughed. Herself laughed. Then he said "Okay, b--ch, tell me what you've got."

I feigned outrage and said to herself "Did our son just call me a b--ch???"

She said "Yes. Yes he did." In a 'matter of fact' voice.

More laughter, and I imparted my 'manly' advice.

Dinner went on until it didn't anymore, he's off for home, and we're relaxing and bracing for the work week to come.

Another successful Sunday in our weird little world.