Thread: Glad For My Accepting Son

Glad For My Accepting Son

On Sunday my wife said I could go running after she dyed her hair. So I changed into my running skirt and worked on cleaning around the house. Around 11am she told me to go running since she wasn't going to get to her hair until after lunch. As I was heading out the kids started acting up so she joked "you have to take one of these kids with you". Well my youngest son (elementary school) pipes up and says he will go running with me. So I told him to get ready (socks and sweatshirt) and my wife said "oh you don't have to go" to the kid. But my kid didn't care about the skirt and insisted on going. We took a dog with us and went hiking on the trails with small bursts of running and several stops on "cardiac hill" for about 30 minutes total. Totally worth it to trade my run for a hike with my kid

It was my first outing with one of the kids in a skirt (besides Halloween) and it was his choice. It just makes me feel accepted for who I am. And this is why I wanted to tell my kids sooner than later, since I feel at a younger age that it seems a little more normal. There are plenty of threads about telling your kids and whether or not it is a good idea, and I think for me it was the perfect choice for us to tell them. This day proved to me I made the right choice.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Asew, u R LUCKY!

My live in, adult daughter is NOT accepting. But, I'm still glad to have her!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Credit to your accepting son!

I'm not sure how much is luck, but I am sure that a lot of it is your parenting - being more resonant than the bad influences.

I hope everything continues to work out because there could conceivably be some testing times in the future. Hopefully not though.

- Lydianne.

Banned Read only
    Asew,
    That is a lovely story .

My son ( much older ) isn't on board but I'd love to show everyone the picture of me as Teresa playing with my granddaughter ( aged 6 ). I hope my daughter will have it printed in the new picture album at Xmas .

Gold Member
    You are very fortunate to have a son and wife like that.
    Rader

I came out to both of my children when they were in their 30's! Of course I was in my 60's! They both said, "Whatever makes you happy, dad!" My daughter helps me when I need it, like zippers and checking that things are right! My son is an hour away and there is not much contact at this time!
    As long as your children do not get teased or bullied about it, it is fine! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Asew, what a wonderful story. Your son is a credit to you and your wife.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Asew, That is absolutely an awesome story, I just love it!
    Crissy

Great that you can hike and run with your kids. Wish i knew which hill was cardiac hill i could use the work out myself

The more you show yourself off to the family the quicker they accept it as normal behaviour.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Asew,

It is so nice to have an accepting family. Very happy for you.

Robin