Thread: Hrt

Hrt

As I said in a previous thread I am trying to write more about what is going on in my life. My Therapist sent a letter about a month ago after meeting with me for awhile.May 17 I have appointment with Endocrinologist.

This is the first meeting, they refer to it consult. I am assuming they will ask me general questions why hormones is my choice, schedule a blood test. I am not sure if they will discuss meds at this point and I am not going to get ahead of myself lets see what the test show first.

In a way I am very calm, hoping there is light at the end my Journey in which I will feel better and more complete. I have waited a life time, whats a few more days/months.

Lisa

Silver Member
    They may or may not prescribe immediately. Some prefer to see test results first. My doctor did in order to avoid problems.

I would not expect any but cursory questions about why.
    Lea

Congratulations! Taking this step will probably make you feel wonderful because you'll be on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Lee View Post
    This is the first meeting, they refer to it consult. I am assuming they will ask me general questions why hormones is my choice, schedule a blood test. I am not sure if they will discuss meds at this point and I am not going to get ahead of myself lets see what the test show first.
    In terms of what will happen at your first endo appointment -- it's probably going to depend on your particular doctor. I see you're keeping your expectations low and that's a good thing since it can only improve from there, right? My experience is that they don't care much about the mental side of your transition -- they know you have a therapist and that the therapist has signed off on HRT, so they'll mostly talk to you about what you're hoping to achieve from HRT and what the likely side-effects are. Whether you walk out with prescription in hand will depend on the doctor. Either way, you're going to be seeing these folks regularly for a while until they stabilize your dose and then you'll probably see them twice a year.

Good Luck!
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I echo what Pat said and will add, it will also depend on what you say. If you are on the fence, it may end up being an informational rather than a, "Let's see if your current health allows you to go on any types of MtF (or FtM) HRT and to what extent" consultation. I knew what I wanted, so mine was, "Let's see how soon we can get you on hormones.".

leaP

I am not expecting too much even though inside my head is jumping up an down with joy.

Lisa

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi Pat an Allie,

I have done alot of homework, reading threads and looking at articles on the internet over the years. I have waited a life time, and having some patients will help I hope. I know at my age its not always straight forward. I am not a smoker or drinker 19 year now and I have the usual issues cholesterol, Prostrate at my age its normal.

Lisa

Update, I had my first Edo appointment on May 17 and I was a bit frazzled. Not only because I had never been to this hospita but because because my GPS went on the blink and had to ask for directions twice.

I will have another one June 6th. She asked that I bring in all my scripts, the visit will be to go over the estrogen injections. As for a T blocker she will talk with my primary Doctor, to discuss some issues she has with my prostate meds. If anyone does the injection let me know what you think the doctor didnt seem to have an opinion on way or the other between options. Since I work outside and was worried about the patch falling off.

Lisa

I have my next endo appt on June 6 also! I am seeing them for the first time as my endo retired! He put me on patches and Spiro right away! No expectations but waiting to see how this goes at 7 months! Wishing you the best on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You can read my post a out one year on hormones.
    I read your update and looks great.
    Honestly I had expectation on the physical changes more than the emotional or sicological changes but the last ones had been remarkable.
    I had read about the peace and the feeling of realization ut was t sure about me. I thoought that could be self therapoy as placebos but it has been amazing.
    It was as they put a key in my heart and open a new life.
    Now in process to legally change my name.
    Today I had an appointment with my pcp to refer me for electrolysis and urologist for orchiectomia.
    Wow! I vouknows believe all this one year ago. The more important achievement is how my wife supports me and had embrace my changes. That produces me a deep feeliking of gratitude toward her.
    You can't live a transition without a SO near you.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

On HRT, you will find many different opinions on what is the best method. I am doing injections now, but I also have done pills. I have found that injections have been more effective in keeping my estrogen levels up. From research I have done injections are the safest way, but there are many who disagree about this. I receive an injection once every 2 weeks. For me, I cannot give myself injections, so for a period of time I had to switch back from injections to pills. Now, I have a doctor whose office Will give me the injections. So, check out if you would have to do them yourself. The cost for me is around $800 per year for the medication, and $10 for having it administered each time.

Grace

Aspiring Member
    I use patches. I’m very active with crossfit, running and outdoors work. I was using weekly patches but did have some adhesion issues towards the end of the week. with twice weekly no problems.

I remember that first trip to the endo fondly. She actually partners with my therapist. I gave the therapist permission to discuss my situation with the endo, and when we met, it was almost like she knew me. We hit it off on that first visit and before I walked out the door she had written my first script. I did show up with fairly recent lab results, though
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Today was the day I met with my Endocrinologist for my first injection. I was SO ready when she asked if I had any questions I couldnt think of any. I reasearched it so much I felt I was just ready and happy to take my this step. Really the only question I thought of was about t-blockers. She will review that after three month saying sometime its not necessary.

I really made it a day for myself which I will post in another thread to celibrate this journey.

I think I am going to cry tears of JOY!

Lisa

Wow! Great news Lisa. It's good to hear that your in your journey too. Please keep us posted about you experience from now.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Lisa It's wonderful to read this news! I wish you continued happiness on your journey! Congratulations on reaching this important milestone!

its been about 2 months now with my injections. My breasts are sore, and Areolar Tissue seems dense. I have to say its more comfortable wearing a bra its like having a protective sheild. Instead of adding forms, it feel more natural without them. I have a blood test coming up in August, with a doctor visit in september. I will be able to see the results of the blood test online, althought i am not sure I will understand the levels yet since this will be my first one.

Thanks for the update. It sound like everything is moving along or "growing" nicely.