Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was wondering -- does anyone use a gaff? and do they hurt

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

was wondering -- does anyone use a gaff? and do they hurt

I guess my being of smaller stature in certain areas has its advantages. but i was woundering do anyone out their really use thease things they sound frighting and lets face it what happens if you get excited or have to go potty?

I as because tuesday my first full day out i was confronted by another cd/tg and she asked me if i was wearing one and where i got it when i said no she got lived and all mad at me. so not i'm thinking.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Gaffs don't hurt (but...)

Charlaine,

Consensus here appears to be that gaffs are a waste of money, which which I concur. Lycra "control-top" panties do the same thing, and are available at your local discount store, like "chez Target", rather than an expensive Transvestite specialty store. Save your money for silicone breast forms, which you can't buy anywhere else!

You asked, does wearing a gaff hurt? Well, no, but tucking does hurt a little until you get it right, and the only real reason to wear a gaff-like-thing is to keep your "stuff" in tuck. Once you get it right, in my experience, it doesn't hurt, and once you get the "stuff" out of the way, you can wear a lot of dresses, tight slacks, even bathing suits, that you couldn't have before. Google "how to tuck" and you'll find some useful instructions.

For a nice laugh about tucking, see one of my all-time favorite cartoon strips: http://venusenvy.comicgenesis.com/d/20011203.html .

Hugs,
    Susie

Tucks

I preffer the Love pats prand of panty and usually wear control top pantyhose (One size too Large) with a just my size girdle. With everything returned to where it started when you were born and folded neatly I am comefortable all day. I like the love pats because there is no crease to rub on sensitive areas and the girdle holds everything in place.
    Krysten

I suppose that I find it harder to hide or get the look I want to see down there when I am wearing a tight pair of jeans, so yes, I use a gaff. Tucking takes practice and after a while you learn exactly what works for you. Everyone is different. I also wear a Veronica 2 hip and butt enhancer. Going to the bathroom is not a difficult thing at all. It just takes a little more time. I bought my gaff from an online store called Suddenly Fem. I don't know if it is any better than any others out there. It's the first one I have owned.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Gaffs, no thank you.
    Tape and tuck if it is necessary or whenever I want to neaten myself down a bit. Mostly it is not really a needed thing, but rather a feel good accessory.

However practice is needed in terms of the how to and no, it has never hurt and yes, band aid or duck tape is cheaper than gaffs are.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

I only really need to tuck when I wear jeans and I find that a good pair of control top pantyhose will keep me in place as well as a gaff.
    [SIZE="1"]Hopefully coming to grips with getting older[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]http://360.yahoo.com/randi_789[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    ok let me say this abought the gaff ... i bought one , only to find just how much i did not like it at all .... i said it before and i will say it now ..........
    the gaff was made for cd'ers by people that don't like us too much or thay would have made it so it was comfy.....

I have been using stretch panties and contron top pantyhose, I am going to get a gaff and see if that will hold me in place. I tuck things back where they came from, but they won't stay in place without the pantyhose and I want to wear more thigh-hi's this summer. I couldn't wear skirts or dresses without tucking.

Meag

tuck ! a gaff is a waste of time and money. if you want to know how to make a comfortable wearable tuck pm me.

to gaff or not to gaff

Gaffs are expensive but work well for a smooth crotch area, however the right pair of panties work just as well and cost much less. I tuck sometimes but mostly like the instant access that no panties provide....

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

a little guilt

I guess i should amit that i dont own any panties. I have no clue what size i need so i where underarmor boxer breefs and my pantihose. but even still i'm small enough that i vener liik like i have panties on at all.
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Access

Instant access is what is a must and that is just what taping does.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

I always wear a gaff when I want to hide the package...I've never tucked and taped. Never found it to hurt much if at all.

Aspiring Member
    I have a gaff, but wear it very seldom if at all.

I now wear panties 24/7 and I find that wether wearing slacks, or a skirt, i have no problems with a smooth from, by tucking, and every thing stays in place where they should be.
    I find a control top Panty hose helps also, in maintaining the desires shapes.
    I have been dressing long enough, that I do not get aroused from dressing, wether it be wearing slacks or a skirt, as it just feels like the normal me.

Denise

Anthea, you can make a sling shot out of it....

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaineCadence
    I as because tuesday my first full day out i was confronted by another cd/tg and she asked me if i was wearing one and where i got it when i said no she got lived and all mad at me. so not i'm thinking.

What, is she a gaff salesperson? Why would she get mad at you for that? Gaff snob?
    [SIZE=4]Sophia[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rexy Lee
    Gaffs are expensive but work well for a smooth crotch area, however the right pair of panties work just as well and cost much less. I tuck sometimes but mostly like the instant access that no panties provide....
    I guess I don't need one...

Well I don't worry about that, lycra panties do the trick for me with a bit of tucking...

I dont own a gaff, I find if I tuck, and am not going to be really active, a good thong will keep things in place. A panty girdle or anything made of spandex does the job well.

Charlaine, gaffs are a rip off. By a Dance Belt, from Capsio or any dancers supply store. This is the garment Male Ballet dancers wear under their tights. It give them a nice smooth finish in the crotch area. Great with pants or shorts. It's like a jock strap but tighter. Cost about $30.00, and very comfortable.

to gaff or not

How wonderful to pose this question. Was looking at the gaffs on sale at Suddenlt Femme and am glad that I haven't as yet puchased. I enjoy wearing panties and thongs and generall can keep tucked without taping. Thanks to all the wonderful responses and thank you Charlaine for posing this topic!

My Mothers other Daughter Janelle Young's Avatar

Skip the gaff

I have never owned a gaff and tuck all of the time when dressed. For me tucking is comfortable but then I think I first tucked back in the early seventies. A pair of tight panties keeps everything in place. Also like others have said pantyhose also helps or a panty girdle.
    Feeling and looking great

Jasmine and Donna

Swiss Miss

Banned Read only

No Gaff.....it's a waste of money....

A good lycra enhanced thong is as good as a gaff. Just trundle down to the Sally Anne and pick up a few. They are pretty blase wrt crossdressers shopping there. Experiment with many options before you venture out. Everyone is different and you don't want to be halfway through a rollerset with a real problem arising.....
    Personally I use a light lycra girdle. I tuck everything up and in, even Mr. Happy. I get a really flat profile. Even a saleslady saw me in my foundations as she helped me at Melanie Lyne (my favourite store) and still thought that I was transsexual rather than a Cd. I tried folding him(M-H) back on himself towards my anus, but that is really uncomfortable after awhile. Especially if you drive a standard!
    Just a tip girls which will save you some embarassment. Don't drink too much liquid before you go out tucked. Your balls and penis occupy an area usually reserved for an expanding bladder and it's a real drag...oops, no pun intended.....to have to go to the ladies rooms and undo everything so often with your storage space limited. Also, if you tuck as I do, put a good pantyliner over everything. Especially if you are trying on outfits and expensive cocktail dresses! If I have too much in my bladder even coughing lightly can cause a little leakage.
    Cheers, Ranee

Just want to tell you, I wear one all the time when iam dressed.It is no more of a hassel, then a thong. I like the way they smooth out the parts you do not want to see, at least when you wear a tight skirt. Beleave me from my expereance, there great. USE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT,ON WHAT FEELS GOOD TO YOU, think smooth

Gaff or not

Hi gals.

I read an interesting (for me anyway) article on the internet written by a TS and she explained how to move the testes up into the abdomen where they were before they dropped. By doing this and stretching the penis out and under you can hold everything in place with a good pair of panties or even a thong. I look very smooth down there and all I wear is a pair of panties, no tape, no gaff, no discomfort.

Carolanne

I have one & have tried to wear it. I just don't like it. Period. I use pantyhose & my GB-1 padded panty/girdle from Glamour Boutique serves the same purpose.