Thread: 2 cents!

Post 2 cents!

In drab, I went to Goodwill to donate 2 women's shirts. The store was kind of busy so a SA said to me in a hurry, "I'll take you over here hun!" I gave her two laundered shirts. She looks at each one of them with inspecting eyes and while she was looking at the second one, I said that it was practically new and had only been worn once. To that, she responded, "Yes, but they should have tags on them!" I said I didn't know that tags had to be on. She just rolled her eyes. She then punches a few keys at the cash register and asks, "Would you like to donate 2 cents?" I said I would. She said it would be $10. I asked her again about the 2 cents donation. She couldn't understand the confused look on my face. I asked her finally if I had to pay to donate clothes at Goodwill as it was only my second time at the store, the first being many years ago.

She then said, "Aah, you are donating these, aren't you?" I replied affirmatively and she said, "Now I understand your confusion." She canceled the transaction on the register and proceeded to give me a donation slip for tax purposes. So, up to that point, she assumed that I had tried those two shirts at the store and lost the tags and I was buying those!

It sounds like an SA who does not like her job. Shrug it off and next time donate clothes to the Salvation Army.
    Crissy

The Goodwill's in my neck of the woods have a separate donation center in back or on the side of the store. There is always someone available to help unload the car and print up a donation slip. Certainly avoids any confusion.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go around back and someone will come out and take your items.
    No wonder she was confused the standard operating procedure is donate around back.

Banned Read only
    Who donates two shirts? Last time I donated to Goodwill it was like four big garbage bags full of clothes.

Most of them probably came from there

When you return stuff or donate it make sure they know, I was double charged trying to return some unwanted goods I had been charged for previously.

I was also going to be charged for a bag of cotton rags that I was donating also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.