Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interaction with SA

Interaction with SA

I recently went to the local mart and purchased some Nail Polish.
    I was in drab
    As I was checking out the SA said "Going to paint your nails?" Looking her square in the eyes, I replied, "Sure why not?" I did say it very nicely.

My answer stunned her and she fumbled the words of Really nice colors.

It was a fun interaction

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Banned Read only
    Heidi,
    It is lovely sometimes the things people say .

I still choose to go to my art group in drab but these days I'm so use to wearing nail polish I often forget to remove it . I was at the break in my class buying coffee , I handed over the money when the SA said , " I love a man who takes care of his nails !" It was a like a wakeup moment as I'd completely forgotten , I then replied ," I hope to wear it all before long to the classes ! " So she gave me an odd look so I simply said I'm TG and live full time in my own town , she then smiled and said , " I can't wait to see the girl sometime soon !"

Heidi, she thought you were the straight man in her joke, but you made her the straight man. Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have forgotten to remove my nail polish a few times. we went out to eat once and my wife says you still have you nails polished and I say oh well.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    LOL, I love it when shopping DRAB and a cashier thinks they are being funny and trys to make a little joke like saying "You are going to look cute in your new dress", I turn it around on them by just smiling and saying "Thank you".
    Last edited by Robertacd; 05-08-2019 at 09:55 AM.

I was at Charming Charlies recently purchasing some jewelry, (in drab) an elderly lady was at the checkout behind me and I was looking at the rack of earrings at the counter and she said you need some earrings, I said I have some necklaces and earrings I think I will like them. She smiled and we continued conversation. This is fun when people are accepting.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    My partner has bought nail polish several times for the purpose of getting unique colours for the models that he builds. Many of those times it was when he was in femme mode!

Good come back Heidi. I have seen several guys that are now using polish on their nails, but it was in Houston not in my hometown.

I’ve had the same nail polish experiences. I, too build models and use nail polish for both. One of my favorites is a mostly clear polish with little flecks of gold. We went to dinner and my wife noticed my polished nails. I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders. I’ve had SA’s comment about the nail polish color looking good. I just smile. I was shopping at Macy’s for a blouse and the SA asked if I was sure about the size. I just smiled and said “absolutely”. She smiled back. Some SA’s know and some don’t have a clue. It’s fun catching the unawares.

Years ago I was in Walmart and had two bottles of polish, red and pink, This was the first time I had bought nail polish and was before we had self checkout, of course I had other items. When the cashier saw the polish she said, those colors will look good on you. I was surprised she said that and just smiled, now I would ask what color she thought I should try first.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    My partner has bought nail polish several times for the purpose of getting unique colours for the models that he builds. Many of those times it was when he was in femme mode!
    Sooo … instead of a CDer buying nail polish in drab and pretending it's not for their nails, your SO goes en femme and pretends that it IS for their nails! There's a cute story in there somewhere.

My head hurts.

I like potato salad.

I wear polish 24/7 and get all kinds of comments about the color and have some checking to see what color I just changed to! I find it fun to a certain degree! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Heidi,

I think it's great that you owned up to it and left the SA speechless.

Robin

Silver Member
    Years ago I was getting a hair cut in a primarily beauty shop. There were a couple women customers. The gal cutting my hair and asked me who did my nails. She thought they were great. I actually was considering getting them done with a color, but let it go. I was attending a seminar dressed androgynously for 3 days. Decided my nails didn't need color.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Heidi,
    It is lovely sometimes the things people say .

I still choose to go to my art group in drab but these days I'm so use to wearing nail polish I often forget to remove it " So she gave me an odd look so I simply said I'm TG and live full time in my own town , she then smiled and said , " I can't wait to see the girl sometime soon !"
    If you have to think about these sort of things,then you "aren't there" yet,despite how you spin them to others here...This is an honest observation....
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I think Teresa is a very transparent member and shares her ups and downs with us in order to help us all. I love reading her daily interactions with everyone.
    Crissy

I am starting to wear Sally Hanson's "Tough as Nails" since my Dr recommended it for my weak nail problems.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    I find that as time goes on SA reactions are absolutely straightforward. I had a day and a half shopping this week dressed in male mode (except tights - see below). In Monsoon, Next, Wilkies (a Scottish womenswear chain) in Edinburgh, and in Oliver Bonas and Debenhams in Perth and I a Perth department store called Beales, when I asked to try on dresses I got smiles and was shown to the fitting rooms (female where there were both), usually with the words "Of course". A couple of them remarked on how lovely the dresses were that I was buying. I also bought dresses in charity shops and TK Maxx with zero reaction. In one charity shop I asked what size the dress was on a model in the window and it was my size. It was a designer (John Charles) outfit including dress, jacket and hat for £38 and I decided to take it - I do not try things on in charity shops as I wait until I wash them at home and if they don't fit or suit I regard it as a donation. I don't try things on in TK Maxx as the changing rooms are so horrible so I don't often buy clothes there - just tights. In a shoe shop, I was complimented for already wearing tights - she said so many of her customers have unsuitable clothes on for trying shoes - even big thick tights for trying on delicate sandals. At no stage was there the slightest reaction to a male trying on or buying these clothes - it was treated as completely normal. In the UK no one need have the slightest worry about shopping for themselves or even trying on clothes - just ask and it will be fine.

Banned Read only
    Rogina,
    In some circumstances you are in a similar situatioin judging by some of your threads posted in the NB section recently. You know the score with me , like you it's all work in progress , I will get there but in my own time and without too much fallout from family and friends around me . This policy has worked just fine so far , the important thing is I'm comfortable and happy . My drab appearance is literally a few hours every two weeks , even some TSs aren't acheiving that yet .

Silver Member
    I find it's the mixing of metaphors that throws people off sometimes. If I'm mostly in drab except for a girly top or a pair of flats, its easy for someone to be confused about how I'm presenting. Combine that same top and shoes with a skirt and there's no ambiguities about what I'm doing.

I have painted both fingers and toes before and have several comments, from women that they wished their husbands would paint their nails.
    My reply now is that I have been this close to dying three times in the last 20 years, (had 5x bypass surgery in '98) that I don't give a fly R A, what you think. I live in a nude resort and everything is exposed so when I paint my nails everyone see it. Most don't comment any more anyway.
    I justify the acrylics by saying my nail split up the middle, this is true, and the color is just for fun. I've found that women are very accepting to my nail color and the couple of men that commented told they'd had manicures but without any color.
    If you do it often enough, it will accept is as "your normal" and it's no big deal.
    Hugs

Interactions like that could be funny. It happened to me too in the past while shopping in drab. They just get surprised with the answer and don't know what to say any more.

I did a similar thing and told the SA I was going to be a bride, she arranged with her sister who owns a bridal salon for me to try some of their dresses.

I was single at the time and we formed a great relationship for a while.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Darn, I buy cosmetics and clothes for Tina in drab, and no one says a word to me! You girls have all the fun!😊

once at Kmart in drab buying a pair of heels the young check out girl held them up and said " So cute, Im jealous." I said I scored.
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"