Thread: Don't dare me

Don't dare me

We went for dinner and we walked the mall, my wife went in a shoe store and I decided to sit on the bench in the mall and play a game on my phone. My wife came out of pointed out to me what a coincidence I was sitting next to a store window with a pantyhose display and I didn't even notice. I looked up and the store was called SOX and there were pantyhose in the front window. In a pouty voice and talking to me like I was a child, my wife asked me if I wanted her to buy me some pantyhose.
    Not to give her the satisfaction I told her I didn't need her to buy them and that if I want them I will go in the store and buy them myself, well she started laughing and telling me that I'm embarrassed to walk through the Walmart ladies department and that it's not likely I would buy pantyhose in a small store like that. I looked in the store and seen there was nobody there and the sales lady was a little older that she could be cool or she can be a old school type women. I told my wife that I would bet her that I could buy them, she said that was to easy and she dared me no go in and not only buy the pantyhose but ask the lady what size I need. WOW! I decided to show her up and I told her I would do it, I took a big breath and went in. I went straight for the pantyhose section and I alway wanted biege fishnet stay-ups, so I grabbed the package and that's when the lady came over and asked me if she could help me, I told her yes I can't seem to figure out from the chart on the package what size I need. My heart was beating so hard and I could feel a drop of sweat running down my face, without a flinch she asked me how tall I was and she guessed about 6 feet. I told her honestly I'm 5'11inches. She went to her register and got a calculator and I asked her what she was doing. She said those pantyhose are from Europe and that the chart was in metric and that she would have to do the transition. She got my size and handed them to me and then she told he there having a special if I buy to pairs and suggested since I bought a pair of biege I should get a pair of black. As she was explaining this my wife came up behind me, I guess wanting to see what was going on. She didn't hesitate to get some revenge asking me if I found what I was looking for. I held my ground and came back with, not only did I find what I was looking for I got a great deal and that the sales lady helped me find my size. My wife walked out and made a comment that couldn't believe I did it and never dare me to do anything again. I know it seems like nothing compared to what other sisters do here but for me that was huge. And what a great sales lady, I never felt uncomfortable with her, and my wife won't admit it but she enjoys sharing these little things with me. Maybe things are starting to change slowly.

yea for you Maria. That is showing who also wears the pantyhose in your home.
    Think you ought to see if she will buy herself a athletic protection cup? grin.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Wow, that is great that you got to buy two different styles on a discount!

Well done and your wife has shown you her support once again

Next time you'll proudly strut into the shoe store with your wife and both of you can walk out with cute shoes

Good for you, Maria.
    I sometimes take for granted my facility with dealing with SAs honestly. I've never been a sit-outside-the -shop kind of guy. In fact shopping with my wife in a women's clothing store a stranger asked my wife if she could borrow me as she'd overheard me observe to my wife that a top she was admiring would go well with an a-line skirt (this was years before I even thought about CDing). I guess that's just how unusual it is for us guys to be involved in our SOS clothing choices. 'How about this?' Heavy sigh 'Yeah. Er, that's Er, whatever' etc.
    I digress....
    Having done it once you'll start to find you can start to manage shopping face to face more often. Dare yourself if you need a push! 😉
    I'm happy for you. Life's little triumphs

Now that you’ve done it and you see it’s pretty easy there may be no stopping you. It really is very enjoyable and the SA’s are fine with helping.
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    I'm so pleased you didn't back off from entering the shop , you didn't mention how you were dressed so I'm assuming in drab , otherwise it wouldn't have been so much of a dare from your wife .

That heatbeat experience , I'm so glad it's all behind me but you'll get there , don't put yourself down , the shoe is on the other foot now ( if you'll excuse the pun !) . It got to the point when I shopped with my wife she knew darn fine I was trying to hold back by looking in the female section she would almost frog march me to the male section , how exciting that was , I could hardly wait !! So next time you can wait till your wife is looking through the racks and just say to her , " I wonder if they have that in my size ?" and even take one off the rack and check yourself out in the mirror .

As for the sales ladies just keep taking those steps , no retail outlet is off limits to me now .

Hi Maria,

This is such a great story on many fronts. I am so happy for you!

Robin

Maria, That's a great story. Glad you rose to your wife's bet.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    She had that planned I'll bet just to get you to do it because she knew you needed to.

Wise words, Tracii! If so, wise spouse, too!

Maria, how does your wife actually feel about your CDing?
    What Tracii da I'd got me thinking. If she's OK with it then it sounds like Tracii is spot on. If she's not maybe she was trying to put some embarrassment shade in you.
    I do hope it's the former.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If she did it with intent to shame well you busted her on that one so its a win all the way around.

Point.
    8char

Good girl Maria!
    Never back down.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Platinum Member
    So now you know you have a place to buy hosiery in total comfort. You should your wife if she wants to go shopping together for bras and panties.

Maria, I hope things are changing for you, on every dare that I have been given I have made sure I profited greatly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

When a merchant smells a sale, they'll usually do anything to close the deal. Money talks....often louder than anything else.
    Glad to know it all worked out. And now you have a new CD friendly SA to visit!
    A great experience all around.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That reminds me of a time Lane Bryant was having a sale on Bras and my wife needed a new one so she wanted to go by the store and pick one up. I told her I'd pay for them if I could pick the second one for me. We looked at them and picked out one a piece. At the sales counter the sales girl was folding them one at a time and putting them in a sack. She noticed one was very much larger and she looked at the tags on sizes and asked my wife " you do know these are two different sizes? " my wife looked at me and said yes I do it's for someone else and winked at me. The sales lady said ohhhh and looked at me. I felt she knew who the second one was for. I paid and carried the sack out for my wife. I think SA s have seen about everything and could care less who they are for even panty hose. Most just want the sale.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    A female friend of mine was going up to the mountains on a weekend trip and wanted to sport a new jacket whilst there. She had to work that week, and suggested I go and pick something out for her since she believed I knew her style well enough. I did just that, and she approved of my choice (hot pink ski jacket) but to this day I’m not sure the SA believed that “it was for a friend” LOL
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I'm sure you couldn’t have been the first male buying feminine articles at that store...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

That's really a sweet story, thanks for sharing. I find it very interesting that your wife thought you wouldn't have the nerve to do it. So good on you for doing it. I certainly wouldn't have any problem doing that, as many here would have no problem with it either. Once we've gained the confidence through experience that it's really no big deal to go in and buy our own women's clothes, we just go for it.

I can understand her thinking that it would be mortifying, because for some crossdressers it is--at least at first. I just find it interesting that she thought about it. Good job, and congrats on being out to your wife.

That is a pretty fantastic story Maria.