Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Formal Dresses

BTW, if you don't have a formal gown, you can rent one from Rent the Runway. True designer dresses for 30 to 50 dollars. and much more if you have the money to spend. I've rented several times, and even gone to their store in DC to try on dresses.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hey Molly,

The Transgender Unity Banquet that Kelly is talking about is also a fundraiser. Tickets are $100, I think, and the proceeds got to scholarships and projects in the trans community. The attire is formal or "after five."

I do not have my dress yet but this is what I wore last year;
    20180915_190038.jpg

And the year before;
    20171104_224856.jpg

Another black tie event that I attended recently was the Excellence in Education Gala at Texas Southern University. I did "After Five for that one.
    Black Tie Gala.jpg

There are formal affairs from time to time in the Houston area. They are almost always fundraisers. One of these days the planets will line up for you. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared for when the door opens. Let me or Kelly know if we can help.

Hi Jeri Ann. All three outfits look fantastic as do your makeup hair and jewellery especially the pearls!

Jeri Ann,

I absolutely love the first dress!

Thanks Jeri, Kelly,

Like you say, when the stars line up! My wife was talking the other day that she might have to be out of town in Oct or Nov for a couple of weeks to help with a new grand baby. I would not be able to join her for that long so there will be some time that Molly will get a chance to go out. It's still a good ways off and no schedules have been set but is gets me thinking.
    When a schedule is made I will definitely be checking the event calendar. You never know....

Oh Jeri, I love the outfits!

Molly
    Last edited by Molly Wells; 05-06-2019 at 08:33 PM.

I like them, though I only have one semi-formal dress because they aren't as practical (normal women don't wear them often and I have even less opportunity).

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Molly if you can make it to a formal event, I totally think it would be worth it.
    My first time wearing a gown out to an event was magical. It's really hard to describe
    the feelings I had, other than I never felt more feminine in my life. I was floating around
    all night. That was also the hardest night to take everything off, didn't want the feeling to end.

Hope you can experience a magical night like that someday soon.
    Hugs
    Samantha

When organising mock weddings I had many opportunities to dress in formal wear and also stand in as a bride on many occasions.

I spent a few first nights consumating the marriage in some way or other.

The bridegroom was always a girl. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hey Molly,

Maybe the planets will align for Halloween like they did for you last year when we went to the Halloween gig at Neon Boots. You can borrow my Wonder Woman costume. I am going to have a different one this year.

Maybe not formal but a cocktail party, I would wear a modest dress. But I do have a wedding dress just for fun

I would defently wear my princess dress. Then I would like to get my hair and make up done by a professional stylist. However, attending a formal ball will probably just be a dream of mine forever, since I am very to shy to go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    Hey Molly,

Maybe the planets will align for Halloween like they did for you last year when we went to the Halloween gig at Neon Boots. You can borrow my Wonder Woman costume. I am going to have a different one this year.
    Wonder Woman would be great! However, not sure I could pull off the figure....well though I have entered a weight loss challenge at the office...we'll just have to see

I would *love* to do that, I even have the dress: vintage, black sequin floor length. Weighs a ton.

I tried it on at a second hand place over Christmas, just to get a friend to shut up about it, and it fitted like it was made for me. I had to buy it, even though at the time I "knew" I would never be able to wear it and I would normally never spend that kind of money on an outfit I couldn't use. It's been in my wardrobe since.

I'd wear it out now though, if I could find an appropriate event...

I've been searching for the perfect dress for quite a while and today I was thinking that more important than a nice dress is the hairstyle and makeup and smile!

Have Fun Miss Judy!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Aspiring Member
    Many years ago, my then girlfriend made a ball gown (actually we made it together) and she wore it to a company dinner-dance.
    After the event, she said that she couldn't wear it again to another dance, so it ended up in the wardrobe.
    But not before I had tried it. She was accepting of my CDing, so she didn't mind. I was taller than her, but very slim at the time, so I managed to get into the dress. It had layer upon layer of net skirting underneath to give that full look.
    The skirt part of the dress was blue satin, with a bodice of black velvet. I think I loved wearing it more than she did.
    I can't ever see me going out in a ball gown though, as much as I would like to.

I've gone to the "Gayla" in my city for the last four years. It is a charity event that supports our local Gay and Lesbian Youth Services organization. It is always a lot of fun and a great welcoming environment to get all dressed up!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I was living in DC, I went to two galas at one of the foreign countries embassies. It was amazing and rented my dress from Rent the Runway in DC. Would do it again if the opportunity presented itself again!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Wells View Post
    I think it would be sensational to attend a formal event, wearing a beautiful gown and all the accoutrements. I would want to spend the day getting ready, hair, makeup, nails .... Dress to the Nine's

So, if you were to begin planning such an outing what type of venue or event would you look for to attend?
    What style or type of dress?

In the fog,

Molly
    Molly, Just last weekend we had a "Spring Ball" in Atlanta,GA. To attend you needed to be a member of the hosting CD club.
    This is what I wore.

Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 05-21-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

A picture of me and some girlfriends at the Keystone 2012 Gala Ball

6890459898_d224919b54_z.jpg

I'm the lady in the red sequined ball gown.

Mods: Note, this picture is public on Flickr
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Gold Member
    A Long time ago, I was getting a new Bow Tie for my Tux at a bridal shop.
    My wife was with me and I asked If I could get fitted for a Wedding dress.
    The SA said that she did not stock any dressed in my size, but for $ 500.00
    down payment, she would get me a few to try on.
    My wife said to me, $ 500 as a down payment, and where would you wear this
    dress??? She than said, for $ 500, you can buy a whole closet full of dresses.
    I agreed, but I still wonder what a wedding dress would feel like.
    r5ader

Who doesn't love a beautiful dress! Maybe I'll organize something like there where I live one day. That'd be so fun.

This is absolutely possible. I perform in and attend burlesque shows, and they are very LGBTQIA friendly. Some small shows are casual, but the big shows or festivals are well known for being able to dress up to the nines. For instance I am going to the burlesque hall of fame weekend in Las Vegas and there are 4 nights worth of shows to attend. This will be my 5th year and now I honestly have too many formal dresses now, I’m running out of storage space. I dye my hair, get gel nail extensions, a full body wax and spend 5 nights and 6 days in Vegas getting all dolled up.

The dream is possible, grab the opportunity.
    Rebecca Bas

Full wedding dress is an amazing experience! I was amazed at how heavy they actually are. Love he feeling of how it hugged my body as it was zipped up and how the full weight was kinda transferred into the body vs the shoulders.

A wedding dress is certainly on my EnFem bucket list

Molly

Not so much a formal event, but I would really love to go to Ladies Day at Royal Ascot. I have been before, but in male mode. All of the ladies really go to town with their fashions. It was also my wife's 65th birthday, and her outfit cost me an arm and a leg,,,,,,,,but she is worth it. I'm just not certain about the hats.